What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Friday 1st April 8:05pm @BlueBet Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Redemption. That'd the word on my lips today. Redemption. Now nothing can fully redeem what happened when we last played the Panthers in that Grand Final, nothing will ever replace the hurt and make it okay. However, games like this are a shot at some form of redemption, even just a little bit.

That's right, it game day!!! What a huge day it is and what a huge occasion it will be tonight as we go up against Penrith in a Friday night blockbuster! The Grand Final rematch. There's going to be plenty of feeling in this one that's for sure, there will be fireworks. Years ago, Rabbitohs vs Panthers was just a game but since 2020, it has become one hell of a rivalry. I've spoken about my intense dislike for the Panthers many times this week and I'm sure the players feel it too. They certainly feel it. We haven't forgotten about how they disrespected us after the 2020 Prelim, we haven't forgotten about how they laughed at Mansour and Arrow at various times when they were injured last year, and we haven't forgotten about how Kikau mocked us with his song after the GF. They think they're entitled, they're arrogant, cocky, jumped up little pricks that think they're just so much better than everyone else. My blood boils just talking about it. it's personal between the players tonight.

There's no bigger challenge then going up against the Panthers on their home turf. They're the defending Premiers and have been the benchmark team these first few Rounds. Add to that that I don't think they've lost a game at home since 2019 and you can see just how big of a challenge tonight will be for us. They have one hell of a side and I have no doubt they'll be at their best tonight, no doubt about that. Our first area of focus is matching it with their forward pack, something we weren't able to do at times when we played last year. Fisher-Harris, Koroisau, Kikau, Yeo; It's one hell of a forward pack so we need to muscle up and take it to them this week. But even if we can do that through the middle, the job is only half done because they still have one of the best backlines in the comp. Edwards, Crichton, Tago. Luai, and obviously Cleary is going to be back too which will be another big focus for us. They just have strike everywhere you look and we have to match that or we'll be dead in the water against them again.

Are we up for the challenge? Time will tell and I bloody well hope we are. We have to be, we simply have to be. Kind of like playing the Roosters, if a game against the Panthers doesn't fire you up, nothing will! Tonight is a great chance to see where we're really at in these early stages of the Season and to test ourselves against the best. We need to come out with the intensity we showed last week right from the opening set, we need to hold the ball, execute in attack and defend for our lives. We'll have to be at the top of our game but I know the boys can do it!!

So a huge game against a fellow Premiership contender and a team we really dislike. The Grand Final rematch!! Let's get out there and show this comp what we're made of!! Let's stick it to these Penrith pricks tonight and wipe that smug little smile off their faces!! I know the boys can do this, let's get right behind them!!! Letssssgoooooo!!

Redemption. That'd the word on my lips today. Redemption. Now nothing can fully redeem what happened when we last played the Panthers in that Grand Final, nothing will ever replace the hurt and make it okay. However, games like this are a shot at some form of redemption, even just a little bit.

That's right, it game day!!! What a huge day it is and what a huge occasion it will be tonight as we go up against Penrith in a Friday night blockbuster! The Grand Final rematch. There's going to be plenty of feeling in this one that's for sure, there will be fireworks. Years ago, Rabbitohs vs Panthers was just a game but since 2020, it has become one hell of a rivalry. I've spoken about my intense dislike for the Panthers many times this week and I'm sure the players feel it too. They certainly feel it. We haven't forgotten about how they disrespected us after the 2020 Prelim, we haven't forgotten about how they laughed at Mansour and Arrow at various times when they were injured last year, and we haven't forgotten about how Kikau mocked us with his song after the GF. They think they're entitled, they're arrogant, cocky, jumped up little pricks that think they're just so much better than everyone else. My blood boils just talking about it. it's personal between the players tonight.

There's no bigger challenge then going up against the Panthers on their home turf. They're the defending Premiers and have been the benchmark team these first few Rounds. Add to that that I don't think they've lost a game at home since 2019 and you can see just how big of a challenge tonight will be for us. They have one hell of a side and I have no doubt they'll be at their best tonight, no doubt about that. Our first area of focus is matching it with their forward pack, something we weren't able to do at times when we played last year. Fisher-Harris, Koroisau, Kikau, Yeo; It's one hell of a forward pack so we need to muscle up and take it to them this week. But even if we can do that through the middle, the job is only half done because they still have one of the best backlines in the comp. Edwards, Crichton, Tago. Luai, and obviously Cleary is going to be back too which will be another big focus for us. They just have strike everywhere you look and we have to match that or we'll be dead in the water against them again.

Are we up for the challenge? Time will tell and I bloody well hope we are. We have to be, we simply have to be. Kind of like playing the Roosters, if a game against the Panthers doesn't fire you up, nothing will! Tonight is a great chance to see where we're really at in these early stages of the Season and to test ourselves against the best. We need to come out with the intensity we showed last week right from the opening set, we need to hold the ball, execute in attack and defend for our lives. We'll have to be at the top of our game but I know the boys can do it!!

So a huge game against a fellow Premiership contender and a team we really dislike. The Grand Final rematch!! Let's get out there and show this comp what we're made of!! Let's stick it to these Penrith pricks tonight and wipe that smug little smile off their faces!! I know the boys can do this, let's get right behind them!!! Letssssgoooooo!!

Thems the fighting words.

You and Socky trading blows on the sideline.

Hes already ripped off his mod badge and is spoiling for the fight.

Reggie the rabbit out there against Paws -putting him in a headlock giving him multiple upper cuts.

As the legs get tired and players heads enter the twylight zone, the sickly memory of Kiks of denigrating the bunny anthem will settle in for the extra effort and Paulo in for the winning try after the bell!

Redemption with added Latrell.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Murray ready for 'ultimate test': https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/01/murray-ready-for-ultimate-test/

Reggie the rabbit out there against Paws -putting him in a headlock giving him multiple upper cuts.

As the legs get tired and players heads enter the twylight zone, the sickly memory of Kiks of denigrating the bunny anthem will settle in for the extra effort and Paulo in for the winning try after the bell!

I'm not out there fighting anyone. I have no beef with the Penrith supporters and my posts are not directed at them personally either. Most are great blokes, I just don't agree with the club they support haha.

I say stuff about their club, they say stuff about ours. It's all part of the rivalry, all part of the fun. We leave the personal stuff between fans and let the personal stuff between the players do the talking.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are guys round 4 is upon us and it’s a blockbuster. Yep it’s the GF re match. Nothing will take away the pain of losing it last year but certainly a win tonight would be awesome for us against these guys would really give is great confidence.We have built a strong rivalry with Penrith and there is a strong hatred between the two clubs. The way Penrith have behaved in some of our games of late has been appalling laughing at our injured guys in Mansour and Arrow we certainly haven’t forgotten that dog shot in Arrow early on in the GF. Penrith are a great footy team no doubt about that but they’re very arrogant and cocky and I find them to be poor sports. We haven’t forgotten Kikau mocking us after the GF either. Playing away at Penrith will be so tough they haven’t lost there since 2019 and it’ll be a hostile crowd.

For us we must start well and come out with intensity. We must match them in the forwards. Ball control will be critical especially as it’s gonna be quite wet, as will line speed in defence and finishing our sets well with a good kicking game. In attack we have to build pressure get some repeat sets. In defence we must match them in the middle and stop the offloads. Out wide we need to work for one another and slide well. Penrith have lots of pace out wide so we need to be right on our game. We are building our game I have found each week we have improved and we must do that again tonight. Cleary being back for them is obviously a massive in we all know that but we need to put kick pressure on him so he doesn’t have lots of time. For those in the Burrow who are going tonight I look forward to hearing that South Sydney chant.

SO RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS ITS ONCE AGAIN TIME TO GET ON YOUR FEET AT 8:03PM WEAR THE COLOURS PROUDLY AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT! WE CAN DO THIS! GLORY GLORY LETS GO RABBITOHS!!

Murray ready for 'ultimate test': https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/01/murray-ready-for-ultimate-test/

I'm not out there fighting anyone. I have no beef with the Penrith supporters and my posts are not directed at them personally either. Most are great blokes, I just don't agree with the club they support haha.

I say stuff about their club, they say stuff about ours. It's all part of the rivalry, all part of the fun. We leave the personal stuff between fans and let the personal stuff between the players do the talking.

The following Panthers seem ok to me:

Brandy Alexander for his courage speaking up for Mays victim despite almost everyone around him turning the other cheek. A lone voice in the wilderness. A caring and decent person.

Royce Simmons for services to good blokism.

Mark Geyer for his unceasing charity work he never tells people about. Not an entitled bone in his body.

And there’s a few more, but virtually no one else from the current regime or influencers.

They whined on and on about cap discounts for juniors just after they won the comp. Doh!

That was just embarrassing.

Even their own fans gagged at that one, how many quality juniors do they want?!

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
You would not have enjoyed proceedings had Mitchell played last October. Not at all.
If is great yesterday .but does not win you a grand final.best of luck bunnies tonight .glad Mitchell is playing you want the best on the feild to play against
Hopefully the game of the round will be a great game

If is great yesterday .but does not win you a grand final.best of luck bunnies tonight .glad Mitchell is playing you want the best on the feild to play against
Hopefully the game of the round will be a great game

Cuz Mobsters in the diplomatic mode.

As for game of the round, he missed last night lol.

soc123_au

Staff member

Redemption with added Latrell.
I’ve got no beef with @callmack1 He does a great job flying the flag for his team. I enjoy his posts even if I disagree with his opinions. Go the Panthers!

I’ve got no beef with @callmack1 He does a great job flying the flag for his team. I enjoy his posts even if I disagree with his opinions. Go the Panthers!

Yep, they are very spoilt here at Souths LU.

@macnaz is another mod legend and the eels are well served by the @Gronk.

There are many more.

Macnaz is our sides harshest critic. 1 macnaz = 124 heartbroken and angry wt forumers. A hard act to follow.

Last edited:
Fire Up Bunnies!

Reggie the rabbit is taking off his human suit to prepare for the match.

Out the little fellow runs, paws held high in the air, ears flopping about in the storm.

1000 ghosts of players past follow him out in perfect synchronicity. They are all there.

Clive Churchill in front.

The weight of the entire game on Reggie’s fur, shall not slow him down.

Smug stands there, tall, decrepit, stinking, festering mess of ugg booted bloody claw, but bent over, turns around and invites you to look into the face of death.

Thou shall hop true and deliver thy League Justice upon smug and all that it stands for.

The eyes of the game are upon you.

You must not fail, they must not win.

soc123_au

Staff member
How's the weather out there at panfers, is it very windy?
There is a bit of wind, but nothing too strong. The rain is holding off for now and it's a bit chilly. If any of you are heading out to Gods country for the game make sure to rug up. Tis a good night for a few hotdogs out of a nice hot thermos. (I don't know why that footage is used as a dig at you guys. Everytime I see it I just want a nice hot frank with a bit of sauce)