What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - Rabbitohs vs Cowboys: Sunday 25th June 4:05pm @Accor Stadium

Steenson123

Juniors
Its been
We are easily second best today. Really poor showing
Its been very poor since the Eels debacle.
Demetriou needs to get desperate. That means playing someone not named Taaffe at FB, finding a youngster who can run to play instead of Kennar and challenging the senior personnel.
If this collapse continues Demetriou may well be sacked.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Wow…..another week, another poor performance. Thought the bye week would have had us refreshed. Apart from Keon’s efforts that was a disgusting game.

Eric the great

Juniors
Five day turn around got know idea what JD will do to turn things around against a pretty red hot warriors going to be an interesting week ahead

handyman2190

Bench
Host carty are reserve graders,locky needs coaching and kicking practice, with wigbton ,tass will move to the wing.
I think the buying of wighton has screwed the team,ever since the anounent weve not won a game

Rabbits20

Immortal
This looks like it’s about to get ugly
I’m fuming how can you not be after that defence is attitude and our attitude stinks no intensity or doing the effort areas.

JD said he’s not concerned about the defence leading into today well I am we have leaked over 30 points the last 5 weeks.

Ta’affe tries hard but not a first grader.

AJ was solid today.

Tass ordinary can’t pass either.

Campbell playing busted going for big shots and missing tackles.

Kennar solid but slow couldn’t finish what should’ve been a try. Did try hard though.

Cody well off today looked frustrated to me and not too engaged in the game

Ilias quite pedestrian poor kicking game not adding creativity. Scored a good try. Not sure he’s our long term 7.

Tatola: Off his game pedestrian.

Cook: Poor overall.

Sele: Solid tried hard

Keaon: Lote of good hit ups but not great in defence.

Host: Woeful worst on ground he’s not learning not even NSW Cup standard.

Murray: Tried hard but off his game in timing errors and penalties

Mamozelos: was solid in his stint.

Jed: Waste of time like Host woeful.

Moale: Did not play many mins.

Tom: Had an error but some very strong hit ups welcome back Tom

I don’t know where we got from here but we aren’t a premiership contender we have fallen off a cliff. Today was a disgrace.

Rabbits20

Immortal
JD pissed off at the presser. Said if the players don’t take accountability and fix their attitude we won’t be making the top 8. Apparently they’re having a big honesty session tomorrow.

JD said we showed resilience in first half and second half there was none. He said we have 5 days to put out a better performance than that tonight.

JD also said at least half a dozen things killed us sounded like he’s not too happy with Lachy either and another example not kicking for touch when we get a penalty coming off our line.

When asked if there is an over reliance on Cody being under pressure to create without Trell he said yes there is but Cody is feeling more pressure as we are leaking 6 tries he said Trell can’t stop that. Etc…

Also Hosty lost his Grandad last night sadly.

Rabbits20

Immortal
we can’t keep mollycoddling Lachy He hasn’t learnt how to manage a game at all. When will he? I feel he’s gone backwards this year actually see how Dearden and Chad controlled the game I’m yet to see Lachy control a game I’m sick of the he’s still a rookie he’s 24 now we can’t keep making excuses our kicking game is one of the worst in the comp. Lachy currently is a bottom 4 half in this comp that’s for sure.

Lachy does have no vision can’t create I’m not sure he’s our long term answer. He’s leaked crucial tries the last month with poor misses. He’s not offering much at all in attack either.
There are plenty out there who don’t think he’s the answer the Lissing brothers have seen so much more footy than me over the years and they do not see us being able to win a comp with Lachy at 7. They just think he isn’t a halfback at all and it puts far too much pressure on Cody as he can’t manage the game at all.

Maybe drop him for a week or 2 I dunno but for me he’s got a case of second year syndrome.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Drop Host please I can’t stomach watching him anymore and we just extended his contract.

Might as well give Duncan or Lovett a run they might show some pride in the jersey.

Jed can go too I am over him

callmack1

Staff member
Honestly, I don't really know what to say after that. My head is all over the place. So many emotions. I'm shattered, I'm angry, I'm frustrated, I'm worried; Just really feeling it after that loss. Utterly disgraceful it was, our worst performance of the Season so far by some way.

I'm disgusted at the boys. I sort of thought maybe our slump was because we hadn't had a bye and the boys were feeling it. Because of that, I was expecting a good showing today. What we got was the complete opposite and now the reality is setting in that we have some serious issues.

The first 20 minutes was okay. We were dominating through the middle and our defence was looking much better but after that, it all literally turned to shit. The next 60 minutes was simply diabolical. No effort, no desire, no defensive starch, no resilience, no focus. The list goes on.

I'm too gutted and angry to go too in depth tonight but all I'll say is that there really is no excuse. None at all. Some guys and the coaching staff need to have a good, hard look at themselves.

Really thought this would be the start of our turnaround.

We're cooked.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate if we can’t make the top 4 you can’t win it. I want the best I expect the best we have the side to make bottom of top 4. It’s the lack of hunger and desire to our defence that’s unacceptable that’s on coach and the players. We started off well and promised so much and are now in a massive slump. We would need to win 6 of the last 8 and have results go our way to make the top 4 it’s unlikely. Today was crucial and the boys didn’t want it they aren’t playing as a team it’s an unhappy camp right now. We have just fallen off a cliff. To leak 165 points the last 5 weeks is a shame job personally I think it’s embarrassing. People might say I’m overreacting I don’t care it’s just me showing passion. I hope the boys really are feeling as bad as the members are tonight the boys need to take a good hard look at themselves and what it means to put on the cardinal and myrtle jersey because some are too comfortable and taking it for granted right now. Shake things up JD I would either fire up play for one another or piss off back to Cup or piss off altogether.

But I don’t think we have the 7 or 9 to win the comp for mine. That’s a major issue.

In fact attitude to our defence is the biggest work in the whole club and it starts from lower grades too.

callmack1

Staff member
Flat Rabbitohs made to pay by dominant Cowboys: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/match-report-round-17

Press Conference - Round 17: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/press-conference-rabbitohs-round-17-2023

Good to hear JD actually come out and grill the side. He's fuming which is what you want to see after a loss like that. Think he's pretty much nailed it. But it's all talk, I want to see action.

'Latrell doesn't stop six tries' - Fuming Demetriou accuses Souths of getting 'comfortable': https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...7/news-story/852c101f6808c24a1f8097bc1290604b

Drinkwater masterclass for resurgent Cowboys, Souths' Archilles heel in ugly slide - Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/84f6386625243d0b5d9db7607b51f53d

'Very ordinary' - South Sydney fall to pieces in spectacular capitulation: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/v...n/news-story/6ea0064e2e91b6ef3ffa1cf98193eb6e

handyman2190

Bench
Drop Host please I can’t stomach watching him anymore and we just extended his contract.

Might as well give Duncan or Lovett a run they might show some pride in the jersey.

Jed can go too I am over him
Host is just a backup reserve and i hope he is being paid accordingly, id rather play talis,his problem is he needs size.
Jed is useless
Cheekam is just a reserve grader now,we need to find some backrowers with size like that cowboy that ran through the middle, smith from penrith is another goer, ive said it many times,our recruitment is garbage,we cant just sit still while other teams cherrypick and get better, locky has not developed and maybe its time to put taafe in his place and bring gagai into fullback,he is playing great in nsw cup, we cannot persevere with garbage. I think the coach puts on a front,he has got to lose it. I also think the rot started when we announced wighton,everyone got the shits

handyman2190

Bench
Im getting sick in the stomach thinking of what the warriors will do to us, we have become complacent,not recruiting everyone one thinks their,IT

Eric the great

Juniors
Yep we just keep getting dished up crap from a side that were talked about being title favourites 4 or 5 weeks back they have lost there swagger in a big way like no one has any faith in each other going to be a big ask just to make the eight

Hellray

Juniors
Host is getting 2-3 weeks suspension so at least that’s a positive for him not getting selected for the next few rounds.

Steenson123

Juniors
Yes
Host carty are reserve graders,locky needs coaching and kicking practice, with wigbton ,tass will move to the wing.
I think the buying of wighton has screwed the team,ever since the anounent weve not won a game
Si, it may well be a critical factor.
Effort has dropped enormously. Radio Commenatators during this match said that there was no effort, no urgency. "They - NQ - wanted it more". When we were 8-3 we surrendered about 14-16 ppg now that has more than doubled. Where is the Defense??
There may well be a split internally: Walker/Latrell/Jack vs the others. The "others" may feel that the former group has too much influence, too much sway over Coach etc.

Steenson123

Juniors
Host is just a backup reserve and i hope he is being paid accordingly, id rather play talis,his problem is he needs size.
Jed is useless
Cheekam is just a reserve grader now,we need to find some backrowers with size like that cowboy that ran through the middle, smith from penrith is another goer, ive said it many times,our recruitment is garbage,we cant just sit still while other teams cherrypick and get better, locky has not developed and maybe its time to put taafe in his place and bring gagai into fullback,he is playing great in nsw cup, we cannot persevere with garbage. I think the coach puts on a front,he has got to lose it. I also think the rot started when we announced wighton,everyone got the shits
Taaffe must be replaced at FB. Its a no brainer.
Gagai or Tass to play FB. And why is Karapani not getting a run? Touted by many Commentators for two seasons but no starts in A Grade? Yet here we have Kennar slower than me playing flanker against rep athletes.

Steenson123

Juniors
The M
Flat Rabbitohs made to pay by dominant Cowboys: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/match-report-round-17

Press Conference - Round 17: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/press-conference-rabbitohs-round-17-2023

Good to hear JD actually come out and grill the side. He's fuming which is what you want to see after a loss like that. Think he's pretty much nailed it. But it's all talk, I want to see action.

'Latrell doesn't stop six tries' - Fuming Demetriou accuses Souths of getting 'comfortable': https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...7/news-story/852c101f6808c24a1f8097bc1290604b

Drinkwater masterclass for resurgent Cowboys, Souths' Archilles heel in ugly slide - Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/84f6386625243d0b5d9db7607b51f53d

'Very ordinary' - South Sydney fall to pieces in spectacular capitulation: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/v...n/news-story/6ea0064e2e91b6ef3ffa1cf98193eb6e
Mantra all week starting Mionday at training should be on two things: 1. Defense defense defense & 2. KIck chase effort. That has been very poor too so if both these areas remain down then its Bye Bye.

handyman2190

Bench
Taaffe must be replaced at FB. Its a no brainer.
Gagai or Tass to play FB. And why is Karapani not getting a run? Touted by many Commentators for two seasons but no starts in A Grade? Yet here we have Kennar slower than me playing flanker against rep athletes.
Karapani missed last year with a blood infection,they are trying to acclimatise him,he is eligible for sgball but they play him in nsw cup ,i watch the matches,while he is a goer his defence needs work.
Taafe has been butchered!! He is a half,id give him a run at 7
Next year tass will play wing,though a few largish backs and some back rowers would be nice .