What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

Smug Panther

First Grade
I think coaching two different teams to a grand final and winning one, does make him a little bit special. Not many coaches have that resume. He certainly isn't average based on results delivered.
Over such a long career is about par really.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Ivan has had to work with a lot of shit squads. He's probably a 6-6.5/10 coach atm.

It couldn't have worked out better but he was only brought back here to keep Nathan.

Pomoz

Bench
53% in 15 years of 1st grade is very much par
Of course it's not. How many coaches have made three grand finals? 53% is only half the story. He coached a Panthers side that was trashed by ME. He coached a Tigers side that was rubbish. He coached the Warriors who were decimated by a salary cap scandal in 2006 and the death of Sonny Fai in 2009. All this context is never discussed and if he hadn't won a premiership then he would be consigned to history's dustbin as average. But he has 3 GF appearances and one win. There are six coaches out of sixteen in the NRL right now, who have won premierships. Average? Nah, by definition that is not average.

I was never a fan, but the last three years have shown that he has something a bit different going on. Not a super coach either, but then again he hasn't finished yet.

Iamback

Coach
Ivan has had to work with a lot of shit squads. He's probably a 6-6.5/10 coach atm.

It couldn't have worked out better but he was only brought back here to keep Nathan.

I'd go with that assessment.

Though a great coach can turn a plod squad good. Take Bellamy he has turned some plod players elite

Latest posts