What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phoenix Crossland

aqua_duck

Coach
Another 80 minutes for our boy Phoenix and I still can't tell you what exactly he offers the team, there was a period in the 2nd half when Kalyn was starting to take over the the commentators questioned what role Crossland was actually playing as he hadn't touched the ball for about 3 sets.

perverse

Referee
Another 80 minutes for our boy Phoenix and I still can't tell you what exactly he offers the team, there was a period in the 2nd half when Kalyn was starting to take over the the commentators questioned what role Crossland was actually playing as he hadn't touched the ball for about 3 sets.
It's one thing to be Kurt Mann and a complete f**kup of a player... but Phoenix is literally a nothing of a player. Like, actually nothing.

aqua_duck

Coach
It's one thing to be Kurt Mann and a complete f**kup of a player... but Phoenix is literally a nothing of a player. Like, actually nothing.
im as big a critic of Mann as anyone but at least Mann has some versatility and comes up with very occasional good moments, Crossland fills in at like 2 or 3 positions very poorly and in like 20 something games is yet to actually do one good thing, like I literally can't even recall him making one half break

perverse

Referee
im as big a critic of Mann as anyone but at least Mann has some versatility and comes up with very occasional good moments, Crossland fills in at like 2 or 3 positions very poorly and in like 20 something games is yet to actually do one good thing, like I literally can't even recall him making one half break
I can remember Crossland making a nice grubber a few weeks ago and I thought oh wow, he did a thing. Literally that's all I can remember him ever doing. You RARELY see such a non-entity of a player as Crossland. It's actually mind boggling how little he provides.

perverse

Referee
He's Tyrone Roberts without the show and go, and a bit better defence
Roberts had FAR more skill than Crossland. Tyrone had some pace about him, and could lay a try on every now and then. Crossland WISHES he could be as useful as Tyrone.

I know it was a long time ago now, but Tyrone actually won us games. Phoenix will never, ever win us a game of football. He'd have to be involved in the game in some way to do that.

aqua_duck

Coach
Roberts had FAR more skill than Crossland. Tyrone had some pace about him, and could lay a try on every now and then. Crossland WISHES he could be as useful as Tyrone.

I know it was a long time ago now, but Tyrone actually won us games. Phoenix will never, ever win us a game of football. He'd have to be involved in the game in some way to do that.
exactly, lets not forget Tyrone Roberts was MOTM when we beat Melbourne in Melbourne in the finals.

aqua_duck

Coach

100%, i believe under different circumstances Roberts could've been a handy 1st grader for a long time, I think getting a big contract kind of put a big weight on his shoulders that really weighed on him

perverse

Referee
100%, i believe under different circumstances Roberts could've been a handy 1st grader for a long time, I think getting a big contract kind of put a big weight on his shoulders that really weighed on him
He was a handy player. Defence was an issue, and I wouldn't say he was an organising half by any means, but he had legitimate x-factor. I'd love to have a Tyrone Roberts in the 14 jersey for us right now.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Was a mistake to play Crossland over Hoy. Better not happen again if Clune is missing.

Tex Hoy….. the unintended saviour. How bad are we going?

aqua_duck

Coach
He was a handy player. Defence was an issue, and I wouldn't say he was an organising half by any means, but he had legitimate x-factor. I'd love to have a Tyrone Roberts in the 14 jersey for us right now.
Him and Mullen just didn't work as a combination, but getting back to Crossland, I saw more good signs from Sisagi in 20 minutes today than I've seen from Crossland in 20 games

aqua_duck

Coach
Was a mistake to play Crossland over Hoy. Better not happen again if Clune is missing.

Tex Hoy….. the unintended saviour. How bad are we going?
I would honestly just task Hoy with lurking around the ruck, running off the hip of players, nothing more, even if he never actually touches the ball he's still offered more than Crossland

Yosh

Coach
Sasagi should definitely get his spot on the bench. Crossland really is a nuffie...

Old dog

Bench
Very harsh re Crosslands, sure he struggles in 1st but not to the point of being so harsh. He was on a hiding to nothing and even if he had a good game the knockers were ready.
Now all of a sudden the former “let’s talk him down” Mr Hoy is suddenly seen as the saviour with the call of, why wasn’t he picked.
I get it we lost, disappointment, but Crossland is a better player than most if not all that bag him.
I think he is a reserve grade 7 that will occasionally get a run in firsts, injuries have changed that.
We can like all our players some are just better than others, better to talk up the good than knock the others, after all we are fans of the Knights, all of them

Loose Cannon

Bench
Very harsh re Crosslands, sure he struggles in 1st but not to the point of being so harsh. He was on a hiding to nothing and even if he had a good game the knockers were ready.
Now all of a sudden the former “let’s talk him down” Mr Hoy is suddenly seen as the saviour with the call of, why wasn’t he picked.
I get it we lost, disappointment, but Crossland is a better player than most if not all that bag him.
I think he is a reserve grade 7 that will occasionally get a run in firsts, injuries have changed that.
We can like all our players some are just better than others, better to talk up the good than knock the others, after all we are fans of the Knights, all of them
It is a harsh criticism. But Hoy is 15% quality against Crossland’s 000

macavity

Referee

Clune is our reserve grade half that occasionally plays firsts.

why do we have two?

Latest posts