What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phoenix Crossland

Jono078

Referee
Very harsh re Crosslands, sure he struggles in 1st but not to the point of being so harsh. He was on a hiding to nothing and even if he had a good game the knockers were ready.
Now all of a sudden the former “let’s talk him down” Mr Hoy is suddenly seen as the saviour with the call of, why wasn’t he picked.
I get it we lost, disappointment, but Crossland is a better player than most if not all that bag him.
I think he is a reserve grade 7 that will occasionally get a run in firsts, injuries have changed that.
We can like all our players some are just better than others, better to talk up the good than knock the others, after all we are fans of the Knights, all of them
Not harsh at all IMO. What has he actually done? IF he had a good game I promise there'll be a few on here saying where has that been etc, definitely wouldn't bag him if he did anything good.

aqua_duck

Coach
Very harsh re Crosslands, sure he struggles in 1st but not to the point of being so harsh. He was on a hiding to nothing and even if he had a good game the knockers were ready.
Now all of a sudden the former “let’s talk him down” Mr Hoy is suddenly seen as the saviour with the call of, why wasn’t he picked.
I get it we lost, disappointment, but Crossland is a better player than most if not all that bag him.
I think he is a reserve grade 7 that will occasionally get a run in firsts, injuries have changed that.
We can like all our players some are just better than others, better to talk up the good than knock the others, after all we are fans of the Knights, all of them
The point is that he's never had a good game or even any good moments. The reality is both Hoy and Crossland were off contract and no other team was even remotely interested in either and for good reason. I'm not sure why you're comparing him to people who comment on a forum, thats not who hes playing against, im comparing him to other 1st graders

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Both Crosslands and Hoy are plod.

In reserves they would both be average ( at best ) , and 1 good game or 1 good moment does not make a good player.

That fact they are in the squad is an indictment on the Knights recruitment and retention.

They arent alone, there's at least half a dozen players in the squad that just arent up to it, which is precisely why we had a game like today.

Old dog

Juniors
Really? I wonder why...
Really, played terrible, career probably over, the realisation that things didn’t go well
Dont have to be a good footballer to have feelings
He won’t be re-signed and likely no club will be after him, his dreams may have been greater than his ability, sad

Yosh

Coach
Really, played terrible, career probably over, the realisation that things didn’t go well
Dont have to be a good footballer to have feelings
He won’t be re-signed and likely no club will be after him, his dreams may have been greater than his ability, sad

Feel bad for the bloke but it's the sad reality of 99.8% of professional sports athletes. Lucky he was playing for us, probably played 2 years longer than he would have elsewhere.

Jono078

Referee
Feel bad for the bloke but it's the sad reality of 99.8% of professional sports athletes. Lucky he was playing for us, probably played 2 years longer than he would have elsewhere.
I do feel for him because he had a disrupted pathway to the NRL thanks to COVID, but many other have as well so you don't want to use it as an excuse.

He really needs to play a full year in the one position to work on his craft. There may be an ok halfback in there but he hasn't had the chance to work on it.

Frederick

Staff member
He was on his haunches and crying at full time too.
Are you for f**king real? What an absolute pussy. If he went out there and absolutely busted his gut and did everything he could to get us the win, then he can cry. But he didn't. He's a f**king passenger, a liability, an absolute waste of oxygen, and I hate him

perverse

Referee
Are you for f**king real? What an absolute pussy. If he went out there and absolutely busted his gut and did everything he could to get us the win, then he can cry. But he didn't. He's a f**king passenger, a liability, an absolute waste of oxygen, and I hate him
Jesus mate, it was a shit performance from a shit footballer - but he's human too. Absolutely toxic.

perverse

Referee
Zero f**ks given mate.
conan-o-brien-clap.gif

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Pearce came joined the club in 2018, and in that time we gave Pearce no decent 5/8 to succeed with.

We also had Crossland as part our grand succession plan ? We let Pezet go to the Storm and Jock Madden go to the Tigers ( aparently 2 fairly good prospects ) .

The real shitf**kery here falls to the club management.

It's not his fault he's shit

It's 100% your fault you're a merkin though

perverse

Referee
Pearce came joined the club in 2018, and in that time we gave Pearce no decent 5/8 to succeed with.

We also had Crossland as part our grand succession plan ? We let Pezet go to the Storm and Jock Madden go to the Tigers ( aparently 2 fairly good prospects ) .

The real shitf**kery here falls to the club management.
Plan was Ponga to halves, Hodgson to fullback. Appears that there was no backup plan whatsoever.