What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
From Tigers forum

seeing info that Garner has informed WT he has signed for Penrith next season for 2 years. No article I can find as yet.

The domino's begin to fall. this one has been rumoured for a while.
I’m not sure what a 94kg back row, fill in centre adds to our roster.

Its only me, but given the loss of strike power in Kikau leaving our club I would have thought it was somewhat important to try and replace with a like for like.

Maybe there are legs to the rumour, but we have half a dozen Luke Garners in our NSW Cup, junior ranks already so if we have signed him I must be missing something.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Matt Purcell wants back in the NRL. I think he is a Qlder, Dolphins might grab him, but he is someone who I've rated and we should try make a play.

Kilkenny

Coach
He'll be on close to a minimum deal. No real risk
You think so, we don’t have a lot of free cap space, why spend it on Luke Garner. We got Riki, Geyer, Lisati and as yet unknown quantities from Flegg/Ball sides. If true this is a very underwhelming signing. We have issues in other areas .

CCJohnC

Juniors
You think so, we don’t have a lot of free cap space, why spend it on Luke Garner. We got Riki, Geyer, Lisati and as yet unknown quantities from Flegg/Ball sides. If true this is a very underwhelming signing. We have issues in other areas .
We can watch how he goes for the remaining games this season. More Capewell replacement bearing in mind we have Lenui>

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I've been reading on twitter (I know perhaps not the best guide LOL) folks who are impressed with Garner signing on.

Those players you've mentioned are probably too raw for 2023.

I would imagine it's a cut price deal for 2 years. A chance for the club to blood the above mentioned rookies, if sucessful means Garner becomes a solid backup.

I see it as a little risk with high reward.

Fangs

Coach

Kurt Capewell was described the exact same way when we were short in the centres. Turned out just fine.

We lack depth in the backrow. The three options you have listed have never played first grade. I'll take Garner on a cheap deal and if the others are good enough they make the 17.

Some of those guys are a bit off FG. Certainly playing consistently.

Garner is minimal risk and can hold the fort till they are ready. He has gone stale at WT. He could be a shred signing. I like this pick up.

Too early to make such a call.

it’s not silly to think one of the West Tigers current dummy halves could end up at Penrith next year Given Api is headed your way.

Three into two is not a good fit so one of your current dummy halves will have to look elsewhere.

Mitch Kenny is a decent option, he’s a good player , but doesn't have the sort of running game which puts defences on the back foot or in two minds so that works against him.

A lot of footy to be played between now and 2023 it will work itself out .

Liddell has been told to look elsewhere.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
What we have next season and how I'd go
1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Charlie STAINES
3. Izack TAGO
4. Stephen CRICHTON
5. To'o
6. Jarome LUAI
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Leota
9. Taylan May