What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Sydney @ Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park

Who will win? Round 23: Sydney v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
72 : 6…….

Did someone say KFC?

I didn’t watch it, thank Christ, but how do people play a sport on very large salaries and produce that type of result for there employers and club supporters?

WA Tiger

Bench
Ok fair enough....it didnt look to me that he was saying anything to Cummins during the tackle ...only after receiving the 10 but it could've been the beard....you would think at that score Cummins could have had an appreciation of the situation to let whatever first comment to just slide...it couldn't have been that bad.
I don’t think their was a first comment. Just the carrying on with the tackle and “holding him down” after a tackle was called. The dumbness of the call and the reaction from Tamau should cancel each other out. But it won’t. Maybe 2 weeks and, See ya later.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
For those who may not have seen/heard the post match press conference, as Tamou was there -

1/ Tamau is probably a good representative of the club at the presser..embarrassing
2/It was Noddys call to loan Nofo when we were flying high .. A rash call from a week novice coach. Now he’s looking stupid and using it as an excuse for losing ?

Last edited:

Murraymob1

Juniors
Untill you weed out Pascoe your problems will continue.Personallyyou guys need a mass clean out .Fast track the young kids .it may mean a rough year but the positives would our weigh where you are now

The Rosco

Bench
Well, after a quick tidy up of the boat yesterday arvo, the Mrs had bought tickets to Sooshi Mango pre covid.
We finally went to the show last night. Very funny boys.
I'm gonna tie the rods this arvo for my bream session tomorrow. I'll get the nippers this arvo.
I'm thinking of taking 4 rods . . . 2 x 7ft , 2-4kg . . . and 2 x 6'6" 2-4 kg.
Tomorrow's run out is the neap of the month . . . very little run . . . so I'm thinking of 2 cast long, and 2 short.
Any thoughts ?
Oh . . . I didn't miss anything last night, did I ?

Phil Gould

Juniors
The ref had no role in the incompetent performance of the Tigers yesterday
I only watched the game here and there while doing something else but I did see a couple of times where the roosters were up early in defense, by mistake, stopped, started to move back onside a little but then just waited till the ball was played then ran up in defense. Another couple of plays actually showed the defensive line on TV for a change and they were ridiculously off side …but this is typical. I thought the string of penalties at the end got the roosters over the line for their last try, so I’d award at least 4 points to Cummins but there were a lot more tries than one that decided the match and the chooks being up early has nothing to do with the Tigers defense either. It was like 1st grade v pres cup.

Reflector

Juniors
Without meaning to kick the joint while at it's lowest, but this is the culmination of an organisation where mediocrity has always been in the woodwork.

Back when the JV formed, the club slogan was 'Twice the power- double the excitement'. But there wasn't much (from either side of the merger) to suggest a promising future:

Wests had just 4 Premierships to their name and more wooden spoons than you could fill a kitchen drawer with. Balmain were a more successful organisation- but the majority of that success came before WW2. They had good teams in the 60's (with a controversial Premiership against Souths in '69) and again from 1985-90 (and were unlucky not to ad to their Premiership tally in the late 80's). But aside from that, both clubs had largely been mediocre or rubbish for the 50 years leading up to the merger.

The Wests Tigers have no real identity. They train at Concord and rotate their home games between 3 home grounds. They play at Bankwest (where the local population are more inclined to support the Eels), Campbelltown (where people in S-W Sydney are more inclined to support the Dogs) and a couple of token games at Leichardt. The place needs a clean-out top to bottom, because their issues long-term extend far beyond just the poor performance of the team taking the field.

If not this, then they're better off breaking up the merger. Let Wests (with their money) base themselves in Campbelltown full-time and focus exclusively on the booming S-W Sydney area as the Western Sydney Magpies. They could become what PENRITH have become in terms of developing junior talent into a top NRL team.

Balmain (or what's left of them) merge with the Easts Brisbane NRL bid, rebranding as Brisbane Tigers. 10 home games at Suncorp, 2 home games at Leichardt. Keep the Tigers brand/ colours alive.

You also get two clubs with a strong identity and more success long-term than what we've seen for most of the past 22 years.

All clubs spend 95% of their cap so it is not a case as in some other sports where there is no salary cap and those owners with deeper pockets can sign the best players and thus those teams have a greater chance of success than teams not able to afford such players.

Just from the outside it looks a dysfunctional club without a true identity that is trying to be everything to everyone - based in Concord (Balmain area) and basically owned by Wests Ashfield that pays scant regard to their every growing junior base that has 3 or so home grounds - possible 4 next year with Alliance a possibility to host some Tigers home games.

The majority of the juniors are in the Macarthur-Group 6 area but it does seem that Wests Tigers pay scant regard to this area - for instance Wests Ashfield moved the NSW Cup and Ron Massey Cup home games from Campbelltown to Lidcombe citing the reason that Lidcombe to Ashfield are where the die hard Wests supporters reside - not sure that is case in 2022 maybe 1970' to 1990's.

An example of trying to be everything to everyone - 3 clubs in one

They have gone too far to change their home base location from Concord especially with the new centre of excellence now in operation at Concord.

As Big Jack Gibson said "Winning starts in the front office"

Do the Wests Tigers have the right board and administration going forward for the club to be successful long term.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Well, after a quick tidy up of the boat yesterday arvo, the Mrs had bought tickets to Sooshi Mango pre covid.
We finally went to the show last night. Very funny boys.
I'm gonna tie the rods this arvo for my bream session tomorrow. I'll get the nippers this arvo.
I'm thinking of taking 4 rods . . . 2 x 7ft , 2-4kg . . . and 2 x 6'6" 2-4 kg.
Tomorrow's run out is the neap of the month . . . very little run . . . so I'm thinking of 2 cast long, and 2 short.
Any thoughts ?
Oh . . . I didn't miss anything last night, did I ?
I'm not interested in fishing and have no idea what you are talking about but I would rather read this report of yours than reports on how our team is going.

Hope you catch plenty.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I just wanted to say amongst all the doom and gloom. Please take a moment to realise what a wonderful bloke your captain is.

The passion and even level of frustration he showed towards the end of the game showed his love for the club, and the game.

If you could bottle Tamou's integrity your club could and would have a good start.

I have no words of wisdom about what happening. It must be shattering.

Please everyone take care of your emotional health.

Tiger05

First Grade
All clubs spend 95% of their cap so it is not a case as in some other sports where there is no salary cap and those owners with deeper pockets can sign the best players and thus those teams have a greater chance of success than teams not able to afford such players.

This is such dribble coming from a rorters perspective.

Our problem is really simple. We have crap players. We have crap players because teams like yours raid our good players and cheat the cap.

We are making up the numbers until we start to rort the cap.

Tiger05

First Grade
The Wests Tigers have no real identity. They train at Concord and rotate their home games between 3 home grounds.

So what ? Where do Souths play ? How many fans do the rorters have ? What about the Storm ?

We are shithouse but it comes down to having crap players. To be fair to our management we have a number of players injured plus we've loaned out some players. We are still shit.

If the identity statement was true then if we had the rorters squad and they had ours they would win and we all know that isn't true.

It sucks supporting a shithouse team but dumb simplistic comments that spit in the face of reality aren't helpful.

Tigerm

First Grade
I just wanted to say amongst all the doom and gloom. Please take a moment to realise what a wonderful bloke your captain is.

The passion and even level of frustration he showed towards the end of the game showed his love for the club, and the game.

If you could bottle Tamou's integrity your club could and would have a good start.

I have no words of wisdom about what happening. It must be shattering.

Please everyone take care of your emotional health.
I don’t mind Jimmy, but we needed all that in his first game with us to show the other players what is required to be a first grade player in the NRL.
It’s not his fault for our woes, but some of the pretenders playing for the club need to be shown the door, some from previous years have just sat here earning big dollars and not really giving a f**k.
We have had clean outs before, but then go and sign the same type of players, it’s been said many times on here, we need a core of good talent (we haven’t always had the cash, but we have now) to blend with our younger blokes to show them the way.
The best thing Jimmy said, imo, was that a NRL player is a 24/7 job, some (too many) of these blokes, seem to just turn up for training and game day, it’s simply rubbish.
If the board think that Timmy will fix this next year, they are kidding themselves.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I don’t mind Jimmy, but we needed all that in his first game with us to show the other players what is required to be a first grade player in the NRL.
It’s not his fault for our woes, but some of the pretenders playing for the club need to be shown the door, some from previous years have just sat here earning big dollars and not really giving a f**k.
We have had clean outs before, but then go and sign the same type of players, it’s been said many times on here, we need a core of good talent (we haven’t always had the cash, but we have now) to blend with our younger blokes to show them the way.
The best thing Jimmy said, imo, was that a NRL player is a 24/7 job, some (too many) of these blokes, seem to just turn up for training and game day, it’s simply rubbish.
If the board think that Timmy will fix this next year, they are kidding themselves.
IMO, the boards new plan is nothing more than giving themselves a further 5 years to do nothing and destroy some of the club legends along the way?

The Rosco

Bench
only the biggest defeat in west tigers history
Cool. Looks like we are heading for the spoon. That's my September prediction for my team. What's yours ?
Tell me rhyno . . . . as a fan of a club that has a couple of spoons for each day of the week . . . . what can we expect ?
Also, how old are you rhyno ?
I mean, if you're younger than say 41 you couldn't recall seeing your team win a comp. That would be sad.

Latest posts