What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Sydney @ Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park

Who will win? Round 23: Sydney v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

westerntiger

Juniors
the tigers are looking the goods for a spoon three-peat. Nothing in the recruitment strategy gives any hope whatsoever. Koroisau, past his prime. Papali'i, doesn't even want to come anymore. Only thing holding the club above water is the 20k members and I doubt many will renew after this season.

Tigerm

First Grade
Not sure what I expected, but not a peep from management about the performance, maybe too early or maybe they won’t say anything and hope we all forget?

Leaguenutter

Juniors
Cool. Looks like we are heading for the spoon. That's my September prediction for my team. What's yours ?
Tell me rhyno . . . . as a fan of a club that has a couple of spoons for each day of the week . . . . what can we expect ?
Also, how old are you rhyno ?
I mean, if you're younger than say 41 you couldn't recall seeing your team win a comp. That would be sad.
There's no way in the world that merkin is older than 41. My guess is that he's probably 16

macnaz

Staff member
Not sure what I expected, but not a peep from management about the performance, maybe too early or maybe they won’t say anything and hope we all forget?
Where is the f**king Sheenius !
Pathetic prick has pulled a wage this year for what?
If he is the coach next year why isnt he running the show now ? Selfish gutless merkin doesnt want a spoon on his already mediocre coaching record , so would rather let the joint and its supporters nose dive to help keep his over inflated ego alive. Shit man & a shit club😡

Front-Rower

First Grade
Nice to see channel 7 rolling out Garry Jack for comment on last nights game. Last time we heard from Jack was when some other team beat us by about 60. Thanks Gaz

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Nice to see channel 7 rolling out Garry Jack for comment on last nights game. Last time we heard from Jack was when some other team beat us by about 60. Thanks Gaz
To be fair Gary Jack has in the past approached the club with a view to sit on the board to offer experience , but it was declined because said board was happy with the status quo.

Reflector

Juniors
So what ? Where do Souths play ? How many fans do the rorters have ? What about the Storm ?

We are shithouse but it comes down to having crap players. To be fair to our management we have a number of players injured plus we've loaned out some players. We are still shit.

If the identity statement was true then if we had the rorters squad and they had ours they would win and we all know that isn't true.

It sucks supporting a shithouse team but dumb simplistic comments that spit in the face of reality aren't helpful.
Souths should 100% play at the new stadium at Moore Park, been saying it for years.

My point is that the traditional heartland of both sides of the JV (inner west) has changed demographically and this has been the case for a while. It's why Wests relocated to Campbelltown and Balmain were looking to relocate before the merger. Even at their other current grounds, there are more successful rival teams right on their doorstep. Only success is going to attract new fans to the Tigers, but how far away is it?

WA Tiger

Bench
I just wanted to say amongst all the doom and gloom. Please take a moment to realise what a wonderful bloke your captain is.

The passion and even level of frustration he showed towards the end of the game showed his love for the club, and the game.

If you could bottle Tamou's integrity your club could and would have a good start.

I have no words of wisdom about what happening. It must be shattering.

Please everyone take care of your emotional health.
Boo Hoo.. The mental health card always comes out if the player has fked up in some fashion eg alleged rapist (oh and don’t worry about how the womens holding up She doesn’t matter as much as the player) , convicted stabbing, feeling up women in pubs, yelling at the ref that he’s “fkn incompetent” (then on his way off the field turning around and trying to say what every other captain in the game would say first but no not Tamau) I wish I had all this caring for my mental health when I fked up in life and had to face the music.. Shit no wonder there’s so many offenders in rugby league. …They get more caring after the offence than before

My mental health is fine thanks- touch wood, and Im not a nurse/ doctor so I don’t give a shit about Tamou’s or any other league players mental health, when they have to face up to the consequences of their actions, like the rest of us..

Last edited:

luv my panfas

Juniors
Boo Hoo.. The mental health card always comes out if the player has fked up in some fashion eg alleged rapist (oh and don’t worry about how the womens holding up She doesn’t matter as much as the player) , convicted stabbing, feeling up women in pubs, yelling at the ref that he’s “fkn incompetent” (then on his way off the field turning around and trying to say what every other captain in the game would say first but no not Tamau) I wish I had all this caring for my mental health when I fked up in life and had to face the music.. Shit no wonder there’s so many offenders in rugby league. …They get more caring after than before the offence

My mental health is fine thanks- touch wood, and Im not a nurse/ doctor so I don’t give a shit about Tamous or any other league players mental health, when they have to face up to the consequences of their actions, like the rest of us..
R U OK

Just when you think this club cannot sink any lower, it sinks to another level, those WT players yesterday should be ashamed to call themselves professional footballers.They were an absolute disgrace.

Tiger05

First Grade
Only success is going to attract new fans to the Tigers, but how far away is it?

We have a lot of fans but they will go unless we start winning. I think winning is about getting a better team on the paddock and it can't just be a one off.

It's more about good recruitment and retention.

stryker

First Grade
We have a lot of fans but they will go unless we start winning. I think winning is about getting a better team on the paddock and it can't just be a one off.

I started following Balmain in ‘82 and watched in horror as a team full to the brim with rep players choked out consecutive GF’s later that decade. I then followed them through their disgraceful efforts in the 90’s before being amazed that they decided to merge with an even shitter club than them.
That said, I continued and well….we’ve been shit for 22 years and we’re all still here. Losing doesn’t make us walk away.
My protest is I don’t give the club a cent. No membership anymore, no merch, don’t go to games. I used to spend a fair bit for an out of towner but f**k them.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Boo Hoo.. The mental health card always comes out if the player has fked up in some fashion eg alleged rapist (oh and don’t worry about how the womens holding up She doesn’t matter as much as the player) , convicted stabbing, feeling up women in pubs, yelling at the ref that he’s “fkn incompetent” (then on his way off the field turning around and trying to say what every other captain in the game would say first but no not Tamau) I wish I had all this caring for my mental health when I fked up in life and had to face the music.. Shit no wonder there’s so many offenders in rugby league. …They get more caring after the offence than before

My mental health is fine thanks- touch wood, and Im not a nurse/ doctor so I don’t give a shit about Tamou’s or any other league players mental health, when they have to face up to the consequences of their actions, like the rest of us..

WA : When I mentioned 'emotional health' I was referring to the loyal W/T fans who frequent this and other sites. You've had a very tough few years. I was attempting to be empathic.

Regarding Tamou I think it was refreshing to see a player within this code show genuine remorse when stuffing up on the footy.

Many current coaches and players stood take notes.

Tamou showed his character last night at the presser.

stryker

First Grade
I was happy with Tamous words to that dickhead ref.
I was disappointed he grovelled for forgiveness in the presser.
Stand by your convictions big fella. Don’t let the PC pussies change your worldview.

Reflector

Juniors

How many of those fans would you say are in the younger set i.e people who weren't old enough to have a solid loyalty to either Balmain or Wests before the merge? The rusted on will support the club anyway, but it's the next generation I have in mind.

Latest posts