What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs North Qld @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
Happy for you guys who stick so solid with this team. Bula gets raps for all the fancy stuff but he really puts his body on the line in defence. Just like young Timmy Brasher back in the day.
Bula’s effort plays since he made his debut demonstrate this kid is elite.Brasher was a precocious talent who was exceptional coming through the Balmain juniors.A special mention to the sublime Jimmy Jack who hit like a Mack track.Hopefully Bula has a career with us as good as Jimmys.

Fordy20

Juniors
Since when have we ever been up for milestone games? I’ve seen us upset some other people’s milestones, but can’t recall one that’s gone our way.
I don’t think I’ll have any trouble recalling that win. To’a had an absolute blinder for his 50th, flat out embarrassing Holmes and just terrorising that edge. Both Junior and Nofo ran hard for some great tries and Bula is just going from strength to strength. The forwards continue to dominate up the middle and this the first time our spine really took advantage of that. Really happy for Brooks, he played really well and looked like he was having a ball out there.

Wakeham had some sublime passes and an incredible night with the boot, although did something happen to his leg during the match? I thought they gave Brooks the conversion just to celebrate the night, but Api took a couple of kicks too, including one sideline conversion that would have been pretty difficult to nail.

Also, it’s nice to be able to send big Joe O out as a winner. He’s been a great servant of the club and it’s a shame he’s moving on.

I still don’t rate Brooks . He still can’t plan and execute to suit what he sees in front of him. He will run even if there’s nowhere to run to, even if there’s an opportunity to pass. He still can’t see and manufacture a try. And he’s got the hardest of hands with his short passes, with that pass to Paps? that was dropped. He wasn’t found out today but everyone was up today
Well, it must be said and good on you for saying it WA Tiger, after a goods night sleep and morning reflection of the the game, the win, the individual performances and teams performance, you are 100%.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watching the replay, this will be an unpopular comment for some, but if we have to give a player away, I would go with Twal instead of Offa.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want anyone to leave, but just feel Offa offers more to the team than Twally.

Pezz70

Juniors
Just watching the replay, this will be an unpopular comment for some, but if we have to give a player away, I would go with Twal instead of Offa.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want anyone to leave, but just feel Offa offers more to the team than Twally.
Twal averages 34 tackles a game as opposed to Offa 21, I know that’s a a time dependent stat and maybe doesn’t reflect fairly on Offa, but Twal is there for a reason, I agree he is nowhere near the ball carrier that Offa is

gordsy

Juniors
Win was good but let's see how we are looking in 6 weeks time. As for Brooks turning a corner etc that's a big call, he had a good game but I want to see consistency not one good game every year or two that teases us into forgetting all the dog shit games he's served up.

Also why would we let Joffa go, I can see him playing plenty more games for us this year and I do hear of us signing anyone else so what's the logic behind it all ?

Wizardman

First Grade
I'll be honest......I like watching other teams over my own usually.......watching the Tigers usually makes me miserable.

Last night was different. I was SO pumped after the 80th minute that I did not give one single f**k about the Storm game afterwards. Im a rugby league lover and usually love watching all the games. But after the Tigers game, I actually felt adrenaline flat and real disinterested in that Storm game.

Very unusual for me. I guess that is what total dominance and optimism looks like.

What a night!!!

Wizardman

First Grade
Win was good but let's see how we are looking in 6 weeks time. As for Brooks turning a corner etc that's a big call, he had a good game but I want to see consistency not one good game every year or two that teases us into forgetting all the dog shit games he's served up.

Also why would we let Joffa go, I can see him playing plenty more games for us this year and I do hear of us signing anyone else so what's the logic behind it all ?
Brroks has been better but he is no million dollar player. I'd only keep him at a savage paycut (which he won't take) as the halves market is very thin.

Tigerm

First Grade
Twal averages 34 tackles a game as opposed to Offa 21, I know that’s a a time dependent stat and maybe doesn’t reflect fairly on Offa, but Twal is there for a reason, I agree he is nowhere near the ball carrier that Offa is
What about there running meters comparisons? I don’t know the answer but imo, defence is not our issue atm, attacking is.
I think it’s all arbitrary as it is not going to happen.

Bateman was going off his head each time we scored, like a big kid.

So when he got his own, it was f**king fantastic.

No secrets and snitching at the west tigers Ricky.

“Get your kicks on route 66!”

Tigerm

First Grade
I thought Talau was solid, without being a match winner, he didn’t get a lot of opportunities, but I think Naden will eventually work his way back into the side at his expense though?

WA Tiger

Bench
Twal /Offa
Average run metres 2023 - 115/85
Running metres Yesterday - 100/82

Tigerm

First Grade
I have been a big critic of Brooks for quite a while, but credit where it’s due:
Last night’s game.
2 - try assists
1 - line break
5 - tackle breaks
1 - line assist break
11 - tackles
212 - run meters (fox have it at 154)
414 - kick meters ( fox have it at 394)

Stats from Talkingwesttigers on instagram.

I have been a big critic of Brooks for quite a while, but credit where it’s due:
2 - try assists
1 - line break
5 - tackle breaks
1 - line assist break
11 - tackles
212 - run meters (fox have it at 154)
414 - kick meters ( fox have it at 394)

Stats from Talkingwesttigers on instagram.

Yes, his best game of all time. Something a tad spooky about it. All that crowd love was unnerving, but so be it. I hope he kicks on.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The try that got you 66 was a thing of beauty, has Benji's fingerprints all over it.

I watch league to see tries like that.

Api is the best 9 in the game, I like Cook, a lot, but Api, he is just the man, Freddie do not be a dick, pick the best 9 in the game.

The try that got you 66 was a thing of beauty, has Benji's fingerprints all over it.

I watch league to see tries like that.

Api is the best 9 in the game, I like Cook, a lot, but Api, he is just the man, Freddie do not be a dick, pick the best 9 in the game.

Appreciated, but no chance.

Freddy has always picked on the matey drunken idiot lobotomy basis.

Api has less chance of playing origin than I have.

He had a f**king game that’s for sure.