What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22: EELS v Storms GAME DAY THREAD @ Marvel Stadium 28/7/23

yy_cheng

Coach
we are really not that good... only against the teams outside the top 8 we are.

We basically have to play almost the perfect game to beat the top 8s.... and we are not consistent enough to do that.

Parra Pride

Coach
RCG played for Fiji.
Yeah but that was in 2014 when he was a trackhead who played for Penrith. Also I was going to specify outside backs and I guess I should have, I know you’d just chuck in Hayne then but he’s a lazy f**kwit who should’ve been better than he was if he actually gave a shit about the game.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our win / loss against top 8s

PenrithW
BroncosL
WarriorsL
StormL
StormL
RaidersL
RabbitohsW
SharksL
CowboysW
CowboysL
I'm sure every team wins more against the worse sides than the best sides. That's why the ladder looks the way it does ffs

Circular logic? Or are you dopes putting the cart back in front of the horse?

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm sure every team wins more against the worse sides than the best sides. That's why the ladder looks the way it does ffs

It means we are not a good side. The good sides wins more against the good sides.

Angry_eel

First Grade
It means we are not a good side. The good sides wins more against the good sides.
My thought is that we were better with good sides last year. What's changed are some personnel and Barrett becoming our Assistant Coach. BA's tactics were boring as shit but defence is what you need to win in the NRL. Getting to a grand final is no joke.

yy_cheng

Coach
My thought is that we were better with good sides last year. What's changed are some personnel and Barrett becoming our Assistant Coach. BA's tactics were boring as shit but defence is what you need to win in the NRL. Getting to a grand final is no joke.
i agree with you.

I cant remember which year, but one year our defense was really good. I think it was 2021.

Parra Pride

Coach
i agree with you.

I cant remember which year, but one year our defense was really good. I think it was 2021.
Our defence was stupidly good in 2021, it fell off massively last year despite being largely the same side and has continued that way this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our defence was stupidly good in 2021, it fell off massively last year despite being largely the same side and has continued that way this year.
What changed last year was Matterson moving into the middle. Also Ferguson left the club. For all his faults, he was a premiership winning winger.

Eelogical

Referee
What changed last year was Matterson moving into the middle. Also Ferguson left the club. For all his faults, he was a premiership winning winger.
Fergo was done like a dinner, more likely a Sunday roast. I'm surprised he could still inhale with that splattered nose. I reckon we broke even with his signing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah he wouldn't have been cheap. If Waqa Blake was on $600k having achieved nothing, imagine how much we were paying Ferguson, who had scored over 100 tries, played nearly 200 games, including half a dozen Origins, and had just come off a season where he topped the NRL in runs, metres and PCM, and came second in line breaks and fourth for tries. Ferguson must've been on well over a million.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Horse Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Latest posts