What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Black Panther

Juniors
I haven't seen much of Jenkins but Panthers fans want to see the back of him from what I've read. Not a ringing endorsement.

Oh well, having Dom was nice while it lasted.
What Panthers fans do you speak of? Jenkins is a fine finisher who is stuck behind a few good players at Penrith, hardly want to get rid of him. More like him moving to get more First Grade opportunities elsewhere.

Woody90

Juniors
Honestly a gnome would look good on the end of our backline. Just sign anyone that’s happy to take some hit ups to start the sets and don’t break the bank for him.

Rod

Bench
Toohey seems to think it's likely happening. Hopefully that prop we sent to the Sharks doesn't turn into a gun...

Yosh

Coach
If Miller was the price we had to pay to get over the Ponga to 6 experiment and get the Ponga we have now, more than worth it I say.

Woody90

Juniors
Got to love some of the Facebook fans, people seriously suggesting we should’ve kept Miller and developed him behind Ponga for when Ponga leaves, I mean it’s not a bad idea if you ignore the fact Miller will be in his mid-late 30s by then

Also Ponga’s on year 1 of a 5 year contract lol.

Seen a few people on social media also upset saying that the club did wrong by Miller and he was sacrificed because Ponga couldn’t handle 6. People have short memories that Miller’s form and errors was one of the contributing factors to Ponga moving back to 1.

Rod

Bench
I thought Ponga was a 6 for a long time and still think he could have been a great one, but the way things transpired it just wasn't to be. Miller falling flat didn't help but we also didn't anticipate Gamble becoming as solid as he has been, and with more halves options on the way, Miller at 1 and Ponga at 6 would be well down the list of preferred combos now.

aqua_duck

Coach
Also Ponga’s on year 1 of a 5 year contract lol.

Seen a few people on social media also upset saying that the club did wrong by Miller and he was sacrificed because Ponga couldn’t handle 6. People have short memories that Miller’s form and errors was one of the contributing factors to Ponga moving back to 1.
There’s no pleasing some people, we’re experiencing our best win streak in 20 years, Ponga has been the form player in the comp over the past 2 months, Hastings and Gamble playing well beyond their expectations and people are upset because a bloke who’s been here for 6 months has his feelings hurt

perverse

Referee
There’s no pleasing some people, we’re experiencing our best win streak in 20 years, Ponga has been the form player in the comp over the past 2 months, Hastings and Gamble playing well beyond their expectations and people are upset because a bloke who’s been here for 6 months has his feelings hurt
What's even better is they're the same people that will bitch and moan at someone that calls out the clubs bullshit and underperformance as "not real fans". They're literally pleased when we make poor decisions, upset when we make good ones.

aqua_duck

Coach
Yeah I saw someone on Facebook today complaining that we should've kept Miller, played him at centre and moved Gags to the wing.. Lol.
Or that we should play him on the wing in Dom’s spot despite Miller never having played on the wing before. I’m impressed that Miller who’s not a local somehow cultivated his own cult in the space of 6 months

Knight Tales

Juniors
Miller moving on would free the money we need to extend Bradman. Extend and upgrade Gamble as well possibly? Surely we are not waiting until Nov 1 Re Gamble cos clubs will take note.

Latest posts