What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
The only interesting info out of Toohey's News was that the club are chasing a former player with deep pockets to inject some cash in the form of third-party sponsorship. Has got to be MacDougall. If so, makes you wonder why it took so long to try and get him onboard?
100%. I don't know why he hasn't been involved yet. Surely he'd love to help the club out however he could, if the deal is right for both parties.

Knight Tales

Juniors
The only interesting info out of Toohey's News was that the club are chasing a former player with deep pockets to inject some cash in the form of third-party sponsorship. Has got to be MacDougall. If so, makes you wonder why it took so long to try and get him onboard?
I can’t wait to see peak fitness athletes try to tell us they didn’t make it till they got on the Man Shakes. But it is a great question you raise. Is it cos Gardner doesn’t want any blow back onto WESTS if things sour? The ghosts of Tinkler’s broken promises may still linger.

Old dog

Bench
100%. I don't know why he hasn't been involved yet. Surely he'd love to help the club out however he could, if the deal is right for both parties.
You would think if he was interested he would have offered and if he did surely the Club would be silly to ignore it

perverse

Referee
You know I thought Oates was in his 30s by now, but he's only 28. Yeah, that's about as good a signing as you could hope for to replace Dom. Might not have the pace to score spectacular tries, but keeps our engine room running coming out of our end.

Sadly there's things Dom can do that very few can replace. Really sucks to be losing him.

Apey

Staff member
I haven't seen much of Jenkins but Panthers fans want to see the back of him from what I've read. Not a ringing endorsement.

Oh well, having Dom was nice while it lasted.

Yosh

Coach
I don't think paying overs and outbidding the richest club in the Broncos for an injury prone near 30 year old winger is the best idea, BUT, we rely heavily on our wingers making tough carriers and Oates is pretty good at that. I'm torn but if we do sign him, it wouldn't be the end of the world.