What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Lucas has been solid in the very few opportunities he has given. He has never in a position to "force his way into the side" given we have welded on edge forwards. He's just turned 23 and can play a good role off the bench imo that can cover edge and a back getting hurt. No issues with it. Tuala is good depth and not too long ago was a 24 game a year starter so that is a sign of improvement too.

aqua_duck

Coach
Lucas already had an option for 2024 so really only 1 year extension there. But yep, will be 25 at the end of it, if he hasn't made it by then time to move on.
Yep I’m aware he had a player option (like half our team) but the extra year really wasn’t necessary imo

mozza91

Coach
Good depth signings. Tuala is a really good back up player and Lucas is always strong in Cup and hasn’t let us down yet in FG.

Yosh

Coach
Lucas seems too small and unathletic compared to the modern backrower. He isn't fast enough to be an outside back. Nor does he have outrageous skills to be an x-factor off the bench. Another Brodie Jones if you will. If he is taking up one of the 28, 29 or 30 spot on the roster I'm fine with it but yeah...

perverse

Referee
Lucas seems too small and unathletic compared to the modern backrower. He isn't fast enough to be an outside back. Nor does he have outrageous skills to be an x-factor off the bench. Another Brodie Jones if you will. If he is taking up one of the 28, 29 or 30 spot on the roster I'm fine with it but yeah...
I think he's given a decent account of himself so far in first grade without being anything remarkable. I have to assume the contract is minimum wage or close. I'd prefer to re-sign a guy like him for a year or two than go to market for a journeyman at this stage.

Knight Tales

Bench
The recruitment urgency has died down significantly over the last 5 weeks. Doesn't mean we rest on our laurels. We are also gambling with two young English players who may or may not be Dom type successes.
Jed Cartwright could possibly push for a starting backrow berth. I am a fan of his consistency. He seems like a upgrade from Fitzy.

Woody90

Juniors
Yeah we really need KPP to do well in the NRL. Cartwright and Lucas are good for second row depth but I’d be underwhelmed with either being first choice second row.

If KPP kicks on he could be devastating playing on the left edge and running off Ponga…but it’s still a big IF at the moment.

Woody90

Juniors
Are we looking at Pryce to play Dom's position next year?

He’s a fullback/5/8 but might have to if Gamble kicks on.

Wouldn’t be against building him into a centre with Gags retiring soon.

I feel a bit sorry for Pryce. Probably signed with us under the assumption that Ponga would be 5/8 so he’d have a good crack at the fullback position which I believe is his preferred position.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Pryce will have no issues at 6 which I believe he should end up owning by the end of next year. Gamble has been great for us but Pryce looks different. Time will tell.

slotmachine

First Grade
Pryce looks a million bucks if you look at a highlights package but is in and out of his side in the ESL, very very inconsistent.

Yosh

Coach
Spending a year on the wing seems like a good way to bed him into the NRL. Wonder what AOB has in mind.

Old dog

Bench
If we start 2024 with our current best 17 plus Brailey and leaving out Mann, Fitz and Dom I will be very happy. Crossland for Mann, Lucas/Cartwright for Fitz and find a replacement for Dom.
Barring injuries that will be an OK side and if our ESL stars come good and replace someone in that group even better.
We will likely be short on experienced back up from the Cup side

Woody90

Juniors
Pryce will have no issues at 6 which I believe he should end up owning by the end of next year. Gamble has been great for us but Pryce looks different. Time will tell.

He’s going to have to improve drastically to be picked over Gamble.

Knight Tales

Bench
Gamble and Hastings will be our starting halves next year. Pryce is not going to walk into the starting side. Not the way we are playing right now.

Last edited: