What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where it went wrong 2023

Poss

Juniors
Apparently the roosters are looking at Keaon Koloamatangi for 2024. Not sure how they do that… but he would be the right sort of forward for us I would have thought.

Cam smith was generational. No one will ever impact a game or the entire sport like he did.
Could be wrong , but wasn't he also bigger and stronger than BB,Supported by a strong Forward pack, and a Spine that with exception of JT probably best in NRL for a few yrs.

And didn't Ennis the Mennis show us all how to handle cam smith ? Who impacted that game more ? Not saying Ennis was better ... just its sports ! Theres Physical and mental and situational side to things as well ...

cb4

First Grade
I could never see Brailey taunting someone..
But I think Trindall could, he could niggle get under there skin.

Brailey there is a club needing a hooker, Parra what would they have to be worth it
Trindall has played hooker in firsts and was dreadful. He has also done it for Newtown, again, dreadful.
Whats the obsession of making 100 round holes and moving square pegs to fill them?

Trindall has played hooker in firsts and was dreadful. He has also done it for Newtown, again, dreadful.
Whats the obsession of making 100 round holes and moving square pegs to fill them?
He has been shoveled in there before never given a real go.
The guy we have there at the moment offers nothing, no one can tell me he is improving, he takes the wrong options so many times, he dosent get under skin of who we play he just goes through the motions, and what the club just leaves him there unnacountable for what he does.

He has now over 100 games in first grade he should be a leader but just a follower

shaggs

Coach
He has been shoveled in there before never given a real go.
The guy we have there at the moment offers nothing, no one can tell me he is improving, he takes the wrong options so many times, he dosent get under skin of who we play he just goes through the motions, and what the club just leaves him there unnacountable for what he does.

He has now over 100 games in first grade he should be a leader but just a follower
Should all nrl players who have played 100 games be leaders? Or should players do the job that is coached into them.
No hooker in the game looks any good if the forward pack aren’t dominant.

Braileys best games this year were when the forwards bent the line ever so slightly and got to their front, for the fast play the ball.
Issue was our guys didn’t do that enough.
Good defensive teams knew that we would struggle to pull teams apart in the backs of they kept our ball runner upright and wrestling.

Obsession with post contact metres is a false positive.
Get to your front and play the ball in under 3 seconds.
Don’t wrestle 2 defenders for 6-7sec to make an extra 5 metres allowing a Defense to set

If fitz wants to make a difference to the squad we have some of the old Danny nutley ply the ball speeds

Quigs

Immortal
Benny Barba just won the player of the year in the comp up in far north qld.

On a personal note, where I went wrong in 2023 was that again I took it so far can serious, just like I did in 2022 and will no doubt do it again in 2024.

hundreds-of-shia-muslims-perform-ritual-self-flagellation-in-observance-of-ashura-one-of-the.jpg

Should all nrl players who have played 100 games be leaders? Or should players do the job that is coached into them.
No hooker in the game looks any good if the forward pack aren’t dominant.

Braileys best games this year were when the forwards bent the line ever so slightly and got to their front, for the fast play the ball.
Issue was our guys didn’t do that enough.
Good defensive teams knew that we would struggle to pull teams apart in the backs of they kept our ball runner upright and wrestling.

Obsession with post contact metres is a false positive.
Get to your front and play the ball in under 3 seconds.
Don’t wrestle 2 defenders for 6-7sec to make an extra 5 metres allowing a Defense to set

If fitz wants to make a difference to the squad we have some of the old Danny nutley ply the ball speeds
Yes it helps when forwards are dominant, but he is now at a point where he needs to do something when they are not.

How about jumping out of dummy half for a 40/20 that would help.

On goal line he has obession with crash play, how about a grubber into the in goal.

Or getting up in face of opponent when the knock the ball on and give them a sledge.

He offers nothing, does his tackling in the middle and that is it

cb4

First Grade
Yes it helps when forwards are dominant, but he is now at a point where he needs to do something when they are not.

How about jumping out of dummy half for a 40/20 that would help.

On goal line he has obession with crash play, how about a grubber into the in goal.

Or getting up in face of opponent when the knock the ball on and give them a sledge.

He offers nothing, does his tackling in the middle and that is it
This is a game plan. Clear and obvious.
We don't grubber into the in goal area to avoid giving away a 7 tackle set.
3m out with a full set of 6, what do you want the team to do? 4 sweeping plays in a row? Crash plays suck the defence in and give you space for a sweep play. You'll be surprised to see how often Penrith do the exact same thing on their attacking sets.

I could never see Brailey taunting someone..
But I think Trindall could, he could niggle get under there skin.

Brailey there is a club needing a hooker, Parra what would they have to be worth it
Love ya' mate, but there's no way Fitz (or the club, for that matter) intends to get rid of Brailey. You probably need to dismount this horse.

Chimp

Bench
I would but we already him! Benny Barba
Yeah he was VERY special that year, but I’d argue, he couldn’t and wouldn’t be that special without the on and off field influence of Ennis/Lewis/Maloney/Gal…..
Same with Fifita and Wade - they’re not the same players without that support/influence around them.