What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

APPSY

Juniors
Obviously last night's crowd for a prelim is a tad disappointing, but do not let it disregard our record breaking season for attendance. the 35k predicated earlier this week was bang on. Not sure what exactly Penrith need to do to draw bigger crowds at the bigger sydney venues though. Obviously comes down to the transport issue, but not all Penrith supporters live out west, right? Same for all Sydney teams.
If you remove all the interstate and regional 'home' games, this is each Sydney teams total H&A attendance (excluding finals):
1. Penrith - 215,321 (avg. 19,574; 11 games in Penrith)
2. Roosters - 211,352 (avg. 21,135; 10 games in Sydney)
3. Eels - 207,909 (avg. 18,900. 11 games in Parra)
4. Rabbitohs - 173,684 (avg. 19,298; 9 games in Sydney)
5. Bulldogs - 173,143 (avg. 17,314; 10 games in Sydney)
6. Dragons - 142,403 (avg. 11,866; all 12 games in Sydney/Wollongong)
7. Sea Eagles - 136,446 (avg. 13,644; 10 games in Manly)
8. Tigers - 127,403 (avg. 12,740) (10 games in Sydney)
9. Sharks - 110,895 (avg. 11,089; 10 games in Cronulla)

Total - 1,498,556 (avg. 16,113; 93 games in total played in Sydney)

beave

Coach
35K for a prelim in Sydney with god knows how many discounted/2 for 1's/freebies is shithouse no matter how you look at it.

Harry O

Juniors
I'm not that disappointed. The Storm have a tiny Sydney supporter base and neutrals don't like them. So the 35k is made up of Panthers fans, Chinese people and a dimwit called Harry.
The so called Raiders fan that's attended one game all his life, great fan you're. However I've attended so far 32 games this year, and only 5 manly games. If you can beat that I'll give you fkn medal you tosser.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The so called Raiders fan that's attended one game all his life, great fan you're. However I've attended so far 32 games this year, and only 5 manly games. If you can beat that I'll give you fkn medal you tosser.
You win the medal for tossing Harry.

mave

Coach
Harry has gone all Harry again.

And and one semi dissapointing crowd Perth flog shows up again, after being unsurprisingly absent for so long.

Dark Corner

Juniors
In defence of the NRL

1 AFL is a live game, it's infinity better at the ground...they'll always have better crowds

2 Panther fans are not stupid..., they knew they were into the GF and were saving thier $$ for next week.

3 the game should have been played at Commbank, that's on the NRL to move it and shame on them that they didn't.
I think your right and wrong as AFL fans are like a mutant of a Gay f**king between a Magpie and a Blackcat or vice a versa.
Panthers are not stupid as they have packed out the ground just like 20 years ago with Soward BUT no other Sydney NRL's did not want to go unlike the AFL.
NRL tonight looked amatuer hour.

Iamback

Coach
I'm not that disappointed. The Storm have a tiny Sydney supporter base and neutrals don't like them. So the 35k is made up of Panthers fans, Chinese people and a dimwit called Harry.

I'd expect similar crowds for any Sydney team v Storm

As I said earlier, We played Souffs last year that game drew 51k and was 50/50.

So half of that was expected

moffla

Bench
This country is allergic to people missing out. 29k at Bankwest is a better advertisement for the game than whatever last night was. All for an extra 7k people whole rode in on a free ticket.

mongoose

Coach
Look I hate afl but 97000 at the mcg rn is just absolutely incredible. Really makes you embarrassed to follow NRL
i was watching the Panthers game with some friends and someone flicked the channel over to the last few minutes of the AFL game.... just wow. It was literally 5 minutes of just fumbling...seeing 97k cheering that is just so f**king weird, like a parallel dimension