What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah I am real. Luai couldn't keep his trap shut on other topics, why is this different? Did I say he owed our club? No I didn't.
. Luai like everyone is entitled to his opinion.

Personally (I don't know the bloke) but from what I've seen in the media. He appears to be a good bloke whose aim in life is to look after his nearest and dearest.

No way I would cut him loose either.

Also there is a kid comming through called Jett Cleary, what's he like.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeah I am real. Luai couldn't keep his trap shut on other topics, why is this different? Did I say he owed our club? No I didn't.
Trolling on Insta and playing his future out to the world aren't the same thing.

Who knows where it's at? He could be in the midst of negotiating the finer points of a new deal with us, he could be extracting as much cap as he can out of another club. He will talk about it when he is ready. No matter what happens he is here next season unless the club decides otherwise.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
His Silence? He literally was on camera last week saying he doesn't want to go anywhere, ever.

I know he loves the joint. If he leaves it will be to provide the best for his family. Everyone is entitled to that.

Remember me going off about Mansour when he left and what he said. He was cut lose by the club. Clubs (even ours is ruthless when needed)

Lovely to see him saying such nice things about the club. His heart is at Penrith.

Pomoz

Bench
I can understand people rating our 3x premiership winning 5/8, but you can't seriously suggest Luai is an objectively better player than Burton because he's more effective as a cog in the best team this side of the millennium, while Burton has to run the show solo at an absolute basket case of a club.

I think both players won't play at such successful/terrible clubs for the entirety of their careers. We'll have a much better idea of how they compare as halves in a decade or so.
You overlook his performance with the Samoa team. Burton hasn't produced anything close to that level of performance. Samoa are no Panthers.

Iamback

Coach
Trolling on Insta and playing his future out to the world aren't the same thing.

Who knows where it's at? He could be in the midst of negotiating the finer points of a new deal with us, he could be extracting as much cap as he can out of another club. He will talk about it when he is ready. No matter what happens he is here next season unless the club decides otherwise.

I noticed in GF week he was wearing a Blue Bet cap, Hopefully he is nailing down TPA's like that before staying

Pomoz

Bench
Samoa would not have gone anywhere in that tournament if they were a basket case on the scale of 2023 Canterbury. NSW is even less relevant given he has some of the games best players around him too.

Look, I'm kind of (only kind of) a Luai sceptic, but this point is much more about not trashing Burton. It feels like people remember the "halves need their forwards/team to lay a platform" mantra very selectively.
Nobody was trashing Burton. Chins was saying Burton is better than Luai. Nothing anybody has said so far proves this point.

I hear plenty of excuses "packs weak, Samoa is good" etc. Burton played for Australia, Penrith and NSW. He has ample opportunity to show his wares. He did show he can be a good centre.

Latest posts