What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
I wonder though how that equates with job satisfaction ? Money can cure lots of ills I suppose. Except perhaps burning ambition.
I reckon if I spent a few years as Margot Robbie's plaything I'd manage a few years doing Gina Rinehart for a mil a year. Once it's over you have the memories of Margot plus Gina's cash.

Much like playing for Penrith playing hide the sausage with Margot is about as good as it gets. What's left to be ambitious about?

murraymob

Coach
Luai stayed when Maloney blocked his path. He helped us win 4 titles. I will have no hate or disappointment if he leaves.

Luai could take a shit on my doormat I would still love him. Once he is finished I would get the shovel and fling it next door though :)
I hope your neighbour is a parra supporter having there daddy’s poo will make the smile

age.s

First Grade
You overlook his performance with the Samoa team. Burton hasn't produced anything close to that level of performance. Samoa are no Panthers.
I don't overlook the WC performance, I just don't think its as relevant as others do. It was 4 relevant games (not counting Greece/France for obvious reasons), two of which his team got trashed. The other two games were mighty performances for which he gets huge credit, particularly the England game. But even if you have Samoa in underdogs in both those performances, they weren't basket cases of the calibre of the modern Bulldogs, certainly not on the day. From memory they were competetive across the park laying a platform for him to really pull the strings and bring them home. But when Samoa as a whole folded, he was invisible/ineffective. No shame in that, but that's what's happening to Burton.

age.s

First Grade
Nobody was trashing Burton. Chins was saying Burton is better than Luai. Nothing anybody has said so far proves this point.

I hear plenty of excuses "packs weak, Samoa is good" etc. Burton played for Australia, Penrith and NSW. He has ample opportunity to show his wares. He did show he can be a good centre.
I'm not trying to prove his point. I'm trying to argue we don't have enough data either way.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
By that logic we should be shopping Nathan to get ready for Jett. While he is here he plays if fit and in form.

The being able to sign for another team a year out really needs to go. I understand people hating it, but it causes so much irrationality with fans.
It's going no where. The RLPA won't let it. I personally have zero issue with it because under the old system everyone openly knew where players where going ahead of time anyway

soc123_au

Staff member
Luai is great but I honestly think Burton does everything on field better. The off field stuff must also be considered
Your crush is blinding you a bit. I love the bloke, but he has been pretty horrid for the most part. A lot is due to whats around him, but a lot is on him with individual stuff. I've made a point of watching him closely this year, the thing they do when the other team has the ball, I dont even know what that is. Most players call it defence, but that word shouldn't be used to describe some of the rubbish I've seen from Burto.

I wish he had at least gone to a decent club so we could see what he is capable of, aint happening where he is.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Your crush is blinding you a bit. I love the bloke, but he has been pretty horrid for the most part. A lot is due to whats around him, but a lot is on him with individual stuff. I've made a point of watching him closely this year, the thing they do when the other team has the ball, I dont even know what that is. Most players call it defence, but that word shouldn't be used to describe some of the rubbish I've seen from Burto.

I wish he had at least gone to a decent club so we could see what he is capable of, aint happening where he is.
Started the year very well but it went to shit and he was arm grabbing a lot by the end. He's always put in for us, NSW and Aus. I honestly doubt Ciraldo as a head coach

age.s

First Grade
I reckon if I spent a few years as Margot Robbie's plaything I'd manage a few years doing Gina Rinehart for a mil a year. Once it's over you have the memories of Margot plus Gina's cash.

Much like playing for Penrith playing hide the sausage with Margot is about as good as it gets. What's left to be ambitious about?
Your memories would be a mixed bag at best.

soc123_au

Staff member
Started the year very well but it went to shit and he was arm grabbing a lot by the end. He's always put in for us, NSW and Aus. I honestly doubt Ciraldo as a head coach
Something is rotten over there. They have gotten rid of some of the supposed cancer, so see what happens next year I suppose. TBaz I doubted as a head coach, but Ciraldo has had an amazing apprenticeship, I think the problems go deeper than him.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Something is rotten over there. They have gotten rid of some of the supposed cancer, so see what happens next year I suppose. TBaz I doubted as a head coach, but Ciraldo has had an amazing apprenticeship, I think the problems go deeper than him.
He was insane to take a job under Gus, f**k that shit. The decision to play Burton at 7 is almost Freddy putting Bwaith at fullback level stuff

Latest posts