What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
With Ezra Mam’s contract being all but finalised and the coin that comes with that, all I can say to the Broncs is; Lotsaluck holding on to Reece Walsh if they’ve just upgraded Reynolds.

Not every extension is a n upgrade, at 33 very likely he is taking a pay cut.

betcats

Referee
Luai would've struggled massively in that dogs this year. He would not of done anything more than Burton. If he is leaving best of luck to him, i think we will miss him off the field more than on it. On the field in 2025 we will be fine, we have good prospects to prepare for a year. Schneider and Lauire with some experience to fill the void if needed before someone like Cole or possibly even Iongi claims the spot long term.

Roosters rule

Juniors
I keep hearing Dogs. 4 year deal well over a mil. linking up with the Crichton brothers.

No way they have that money

They probably will for 2025. Throw in TPA to bump it up.

They just missed out on KK from Souffs. Had a big swing for Tino. They have some cash. Heard they are after at least one marquee signing for 25. Forward or half.

TPJ clean off the books. Fox's future unclear atm. Could go. RFM too.
Gould would move a few pieces around to make a Luai bid happen if he wanted too. Gould is under a lot of pressure to turn things around quickly. Nuff signings won't do.
Personally I am not sure about a Burton/Luai combo.

Ideally they need a mongrel or two up front before another half.

Some in Luai’s family are spreading the word he is a million dollar half. Penrith's argument has been, by the time you appoint an agent who will take a cut of a million dollar contact. Their offer of 800k by self-managing won't be too far away.

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
if we lose Romey (i think we keep him personally) - we wont have an issue finding a 6 if our backup halves arent cutting the mustard.

players have already started taking cuts to come to Penrith.

I reckon Critta doesnt last his 4 years at Canterbury - and it wont surprise me to see him link back at Penrith

Burton wont come back to Penrith - he's damaged goods now - similar with Mahoney wont go back to Parra

Iamback

Coach
They probably will for 2025. Throw in TPA to bump it up.

They just missed out on KK from Souffs. Had a big swing for Tino. They have some cash. Heard they are after at least one marquee signing for 25. Forward or half.

TPJ clean off the books. Fox's future unclear atm. Could go. RFM too.
Gould would move a few pieces around to make a Luai bid happen if he wanted too. Gould is under a lot of pressure to turn things around quickly. Nuff signings won't do.
Personally I am not sure about a Burton/Luai combo.

Ideally they need a mongrel or two up front before another half.

Some in Luai’s family are spreading the word he is a million dollar half. Penrith's argument has been, by the time you appoint an agent who will take a cut of a million dollar contact. Their offer of 800k by self-managing won't be too far away.

The club is right with what they say about the manager side of it.

Assuming Dogs are playing Crichton at 1.

That is

Crichton $900k
Burton $900k
Luai $1m
Mahoney $800k

Throw in what they are paying Kikau and a few others. Not sure that side is built to compete for premierships, Surely Gus knows that

The Realist

Juniors
And we lose a Jnr.

There is no such thing as a free spot.

He takes a roster spot which means we don’t take someone else.

Exactly. That one of the things I meant by saying downsides. Douhei will take up the space of someone with real potential. He is a very limited player and his attitude stinks. We are an attitude/Character first club.

Munky

Coach
Benji can add passing into Row Z alongside crabbing across the field pointlessly to Luai"s bag of tricks.

I like Jerome but so much of his game is based on agility and elusiveness. As the injuries pile up he'll need to become more of a technician and game manager.

He was good in the World Cup at halfback but he needs to do it for twenty five games a year at NRL to be worth $1m or more.

BxTom

Bench
Benji can add passing into Row Z alongside crabbing across the field pointlessly to Luai"s bag of tricks.

I like Jerome but so much of his game is based on agility and elusiveness. As the injuries pile up he'll need to become more of a technician and game manager.

He was good in the World Cup at halfback but he needs to do it for twenty five games a year at NRL to be worth $1m or more.
We have a player called Cleary that likes to run the team. Luai HAS to take a back seat to him mostly.

MrBlack

Juniors
In the current market, Luai is a million dollar half.

We now have props in the game starting to demand that sort of money.

soc123_au

Staff member
If he signs elsewhere cut him lose for next season. His silence speaks volumes, in my opinion.
Like we should have with Burton, Api, Kiks, Spencer, Cogger & Critta? Come on really?

As for his silence, what do you want him to say? He is entitled to make a decision when he is ready. He doesn't owe anyone anything to the extent of playing out in the media.

Like we should have with Burton, Api, Kiks, Spencer, Cogger & Critta? Come on really?

As for his silence, what do you want him to say? He is entitled to make a decision when he is ready. He doesn't owe anyone anything to the extent of playing out in the media.
Yeah I am real. Luai couldn't keep his trap shut on other topics, why is this different? Did I say he owed our club? No I didn't.

Iamback

Coach

He has no manager to run to the media and put out BS stories, That is why he is silent

There are a stack of talent off contract for 2025, very few if any have been mentioned

Latest posts