What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

EYhv7PFUMAACkcF.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
Geez, I hope jersey side-panel sponsorships never come across to the NRL. Ugh.

steeden.

Juniors
Seagulls jersey arrived from my team shop today. Like with the Reds jersey the collar is absolutely massive. Interestingly the SKU on the tag is “RETROGC88”

The Great Dane

First Grade
I like tradition and think it has many benefits one of which the attraction it has for sponsors to be associated with a jersey like Souths. I’ve heard more than once journos refer to Saints/Souths kits as the most valuable which fans/sponsors obviously buy into.

Nothing wrong with change either as I remember the South’s Minties strip being well received when launched in the early 80s and is still liked to this day.

I could live with Easts changing their home kit provided it’s better than the one it’s replacing. I don’t see any template in this or any other comp that could do better than our current kit except our Anzac design. Even the haters begrudgingly accept we have a great jersey
51593469_317567565558172_7361455176613363712_n.jpg

293191907_5766690306692522_3214985611389545657_n.jpg

DpXwy1pXcAAgSPp

All of the above have stronger histories and traditions than any Australian RL side could ever dream of. They also have better brand awareness, sponsorship value, merch sales, etc, etc, and have done so since before they were global brands. All of them experiment with their jerseys and brands regularly or yearly. All of your arguments are lame post hock rationalisations to try and justify your intense emotional connection to a glorified t-shirt that had had it's time by the end of the 50s.

Better is a highly subjective term, and the Rooster's jersey is just as bland and dated as Souths (the Raider's Armbands isn't any better either). Many of those PSG jerseys could/would make great Roosters jerseys, and your club could continue their genuine long held tradition of copying French sports culture and design motifs...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

DpXwy1pXcAAgSPp

All of the above have stronger histories and traditions than any Australian RL side could ever dream of. They also have better brand awareness, sponsorship value, merch sales, etc, etc, and have done so since before they were global brands. All of them experiment with their jerseys and brands regularly or yearly. All of your arguments are lame post hock rationalisations to try and justify your intense emotional connection to a glorified t-shirt that had had it's time by the end of the 50s.

Better is a highly subjective term, and the Rooster's jersey is just as bland and dated as Souths (the Raider's Armbands isn't any better either). Many of those PSG jerseys could/would make great Roosters jerseys, and your club could continue their genuine long held tradition of copying French sports culture and design motifs...
Jesus f**king Christ, lighten up dude.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

DpXwy1pXcAAgSPp

You have the worst taste in jerseys on LU

DpXwy1pXcAAgSPp

TBF older clubs that come from countries that not only have historical ties to other countries around the world through empire, have little opposition to rival codes and play in a genuine world game that is obscenely flushed with cash will naturally tick all those boxes compared to the clubs in a four-code country situated at the arse-end of the earth. The only brand from this region that has very good brand recognition globally would be the All Blacks. Not much in the way of jersey experimentation there apart from a couple of much maligned alternates but famous for being all black, which rather proves the point that tradition is also marketable?

As for the experimentation samples you provided, most of the changes are subtle. Stripe placement, numbers of and width plus a direction change in one as well as a bunch of collar changes. I’m genuinely not trying to be facetious here but Souths have pretty much done the same. Uninterrupted hoops, side panels, hoops width, collar changes, black/white rabbit. Other than they don’t do it every year, I don’t see what your problem is other than you don’t like it. Which is subjective.

In my ‘subjective’ opinion, our current kit is better than any of those PSG examples but I’m still open to something better.

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
There are f**k all changes in any of those jersey designs. Home jerseys should be kept as traditional as possible with very little changes over the years. Go nuts with the away jersey.

Great Dane is in the minority here as usual.

Latest posts