What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v West Indies D/N @ Gabba Jan 25-27, 2024

Fangs

Coach
On Australia.

We look tired. Very long 2023. Can we try some kind of English excuse here?

King hit

Coach
We won WTC and ODI World Cup.

Retained the ashes in past 12 months.

I can cop losing to the likeable Windies as it's the morally right thing to do to keep the great game of Test Cricket alive and well.
I just never ever want to lose. I have that mindset when I’m playing or supporting. At least I like the west indies but I’m disappointed at the same time

undertaker

Coach
The result of moving the Gabba Test as the first of the summer.

Just joshing, love it Windies!
The Aussies would've much preferred to have played at the Gabba back in November, rather than end of January.

They struggled in the stifling heat/humidity, just like they did when India won there in 2021.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
LOL Australia

tB1GShX.gif

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Sometimes you lose to a better team.
But I am not fooled by Marsh. He's not a test batsman, he's not an allrounder and I don't care that he's a good bloke. If we had someone better than Carey I'd play them. Is it Inglis?

Anyway, the Shamar Joseph story is the story of the day. I had the Windies sent off to the knackery but they get a stay of execution.

Where are all our 20 somethings?
Marsh should be no where near this team and Green is at 6.
We need to find two strong bats and a couple of quicks, as the team is all 30+ bar Green.

King hit

Coach
The Aussies would've much preferred to have played at the Gabba back in November, rather than end of January.

They struggled in the stifling heat/humidity, just like they did when India won there in 2021.
It makes me wonder if the administrators of sports have ever been to Brisbane in late January to February. A 30 degrees here isn’t what a Sydney/Melbourne version of 30 degrees you have to remember the humidity.

King hit

Coach
Better carbon footprint. Refused to acknowledge Australia Day. Our 11 can proudly smell their own farts tonight.
Yeah I can’t help but think a factor in the result was that the Windies were totally focused on the game. Unlike what Patty Cake and CA were doing all week.