What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 2024: 8pm Penrith v Eels GAME DAY THREAD @ Bluebet Stadium March 15th

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If I recall he flagged in the pre-season that Tualagi was the centre option if anyone in the backs gets injured.
Just like Niukore. It's not ideal but it's the least disruptive option other than carrying a winger on the bench. Once you start shuffling merkins around you lose a whole bunch of other stuff.

In any case, we were up by two when Kelma Tuilagi got injured. The Panthers scored three tries after that, one with Tuilagi on the ground receiving treatment and two with Cartwright and Matterson out of their usual positions in both attack and defence. It wasn't Tuilagi's fault, it was all the disruption caused by the forced shuffling of players. Or maybe it was just BA's fault for being a bush coach.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The issue is Simmonson and Harper are our 5th and 6th best.
Those two and Russell are our 3rd, 4th and 5th best outside backs. Penisini and Sivo are our top two.
Penrith have Laurie,Peachey,Alamoti and young guns longhi, Jesse Mclean
Because their structure is built around outside backs. Ours is built around forwards.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think many have complained about Hands service from dummy half being average in 12 months since his debut.

Where did you come up with that conclusion.
It's his decision making. We need a smart hooker, not a nippy one. Look at last year's grand final sides. Both 9s were plodders.
If you saw our 2 x attacking set with 7-8 mins to go. Lussick burnt about 3 plays one of them he was exhausted and took the tackle.
He took the tackle because the shift wasn't on. That's the decision making I'm talking about. The alternative is to see the play isn't on and decide to throw the pass anyway.
I thought Joey had a decent game other then 1 or 2 miss tackles with the leota try but Hands should have been on a lot earlier to give us some fresh spark around the ruck.
Spark around the ruck isn't what we need, especially against Penrith's busy middle defenders. We need to use our big forwards and wear them down, which is what has worked for us in the past. Nippy runners up the middle don't work against Penrith. They need to be overpowered and worn down, to drain their energy. That's the only way you can create space on the edges.
Didnt BA say at halftime we still need to chase points and be attacking while in front.

I would have thought bringing on Hands and adding some spark around the ruck would help that.
Hands is an ordinary player mate. I don't understand where people get the idea he is some sort of attacking weapon. We have enough of those in our team already. Every run Hands takes is one less for the likes of Paulo, Moses and Brown.

Last edited: