What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R2 Fri - Penrith 26-18 Parramatta @ BlueBet

Round 2: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Download or read 'The Front Row' match programme HERE

NRL 2024 - Round 2
Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels
BlueBet Stadium, Penrith / Dharug (TICKETS)

Friday 15 March 2024
NRL kickoff 8:05pm AEDT

Broadcast live on Nine, 9Now, Fox League, Kayo Sports.

PENRITH2024.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Taylan May 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Scott Sorensen 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Soni Luke 15. Lindsay Smith 16. Liam Henry 17. Luke Garner 18. Daine Laurie 19. Matt Eisenhuth 20. Mavrik Geyer 21. Paul Alamoti 22. Brad Schneider

Out: Luke Sommerton (hooker)
In: Mitch Kenny (hooker), Scott Sorensen (second row), Daine Laurie (bench), Mavrik Geyer (reserve), Paul Alamoti (reserve), Brad Schneider (reserve)
Changes: Luke Garner (second row to bench)

PARRAMATTA2024.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Bailey Simonsson 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Morgan Harper 5. Sean Russell 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Joey Lussick 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. J'maine Hopgood 14. Brendan Hands 15. Ryan Matterson 16. Joe Ofahengaue 17. Kelma Tuilagi 18. Ofahiki Ogden 19. Wiremu Greig 20. Luca Moretti 21. Makahesi Makatoa 22. Blaize Talagi

In: Ofahiki Ogden (bench), Wiremu Greig (bench), Luca Moretti (reserve), Makahesi Makatoa (reserve), Blaize Talagi (reserve)
Changes: Joe Ofahengaue (front row to bench), Junior Paulo (bench to front row)

A-REF-R-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Matt Noyen, Chris Sutton
Video Referee: Grant Atkins

---

H2H since 1967: 110 matches, Parramatta 62 Penrith 46, drawn 2
Bluebet: 52 matches, 26-all
Last met: 2023 Round 26 - Parramatta 32-18, Bluebet

Biggest wins:
Penrith 40-6 (2021, R25 at Cbus)
Parramatta 64-6 (2002, R1 at Parramatta)

Next game:
Penrith v Brisbane (H, Bluebet in R3)
Parramatta v Manly (H, Commbank in R3)​

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
I guess little brother is due for a regular season win against us. I suppose it depends whether chinless and bald trumps very, very bald

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Surely Penrith have enough to beat Parra. They don't defend with the same doggedness as the Scum do. Only way Parra gets up if they have a serious night out in attack.

Panther Mike

Juniors
We can't afford to suffer a first 0 and 2 start since 2016. All of our recent regular season losses to the Eels came off the back of a win or wins so I'm hoping coming off a loss is the necessary rev up to really show up and get the job done.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We can't afford to suffer a first 0 and 2 start since 2016. All of our recent regular season losses to the Eels came off the back of a win or wins so I'm hoping coming off a loss is the necessary rev up to really show up and get the job done.
Last 10 games between Parra and Penrith finals and regular season since back end of 2020.

Parra has won 4 of those games but all 4 times they won they actually had a loss the week before.

All 6 losses they actually had a win the week before.

Seeing as we won last week it generally leads to a loss.

This Year?

Immortal
I have Cleary, To'o, Martin and Edwards as anytime tryscorers so this is a foregone conclusion.

The power of the sportsbet gods compels me.