What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R3 Fri - Sydney 48-6 South Sydney @ Allianz

Round 3: Sydney v South Sydney

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

Coach
Yeah I do get it but if they can get 35k at $90 a pop on a regular basis made up of mostly adults then all power to them.

There will be plenty of time for families to get good deals at roosters home games with Sunday arvo fixtures against warriors, cowboys, dragons and raiders to come.
As I said, I can see their point, what they're doing is obviously working. I guess it's more a lament on the fact our derby (which I never missed for close to 2 decades) is now too expensive for families...

Deserved criticism, 0-2 and short turnaround for roosters. Not the ideal time to play Souths. Hopefully their implosion continues.

yobbo84

Coach
Deserved criticism, 0-2 and short turnaround for roosters. Not the ideal time to play Souths. Hopefully their implosion continues.
If Souths win 13+ (we won't), then we overtake the Roosters on the ladder.

Then the media will probably be all "Souths are back!" and "What's happening at the Roosters?" and the BS cycle continues

Danish

Referee
I think most people not even roosters fans are enjoying this slow implosion of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Its not curtains at 0-3 but gee its a hard climb back if they don't win this week even with the tough draw they have had.

Price you pay for wanting to be a glamour club i suppose. Have to play big boys early.

I think you have drastically underestimated the hatred between our clubs. we are revelling in Souths collapse. Just as they will revel in ours when it inevitably comes.

yobbo84

Coach
I think you have drastically underestimated the hatred between our clubs. we are revelling in Souths collapse. Just as they will revel in ours when it inevitably comes.
Will I outlive Politis though? I mean he's 40+ years older than me but still... I don't see any major collapse from your joint until that happens.

Smashing you a few years in a row was fun though, even if the games were meaningless.

But yes, I don't think anyone outside of our two clubs really understands it. Even those "the loser wears the other team's jersey for a day!" bets some guys do as a laugh... I'd rather stick my todger in a vat of acid than put on any Roosters merchandise for even a second.

I don't like your club, I never will like your club, and I hope you lose every game by 50 and come last every single year. And I bet you feel the same.

Valheru

Coach
Very wary of this game. I think we are the far better team this season but souths are getting smashed pillar to post in the media complete with suggestions of honesty sessions. Those types of weeks often lead to a siege mentality and an unexpected victory.

At the same time though I think for the first time in a long time we are capable of beating them 30+. It's hard to forget the 2020-2022 period when they flogged us a few times and we were dead-set scared to play them. The ship was steadied last year but we have never really paid them back for any of those losses so I would love to rack up a score.

Danish

Referee
Will I outlive Politis though? I mean he's 40+ years older than me but still... I don't see any major collapse from your joint until that happens.

Smashing you a few years in a row was fun though, even if the games were meaningless.

But yes, I don't think anyone outside of our two clubs really understands it. Even those "the loser wears the other team's jersey for a day!" bets some guys do as a laugh... I'd rather stick my todger in a vat of acid than put on any Roosters merchandise for even a second.

I don't like your club, I never will like your club, and I hope you lose every game by 50 and come last every single year. And I bet you feel the same.

My nan is 90, and a Souths fan. We love league and talk about it basically constantly. I have never, and will never watch a roosters vs Souths game with her. She doesn’t want it. I don’t want it.

Intellectually I am happy she got to see Souths win a premiership in 2014, but I was still barracking for the dogs with all my heart.

as for politis, the man can’t go on forever. He’s been training his replacements though in Bouris and others for a while now so I’m hoping a nice endowment of cash is left in his will to keep the sombrero providing plenty of shade

You won’t. The Simpsons have often predicted the future with astonishing accuracy.
1710822798143.jpeg

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm going to the Easter Show on Friday so will miss this. I'll record and watch Sat morning, getting the timing right scrolling through this thread while watching will be a challenge.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Easts to set a new record winning margin (by either team) against their currently very sloppy arch rivals. Easts by 62.5+

gerg

Juniors
As I said, I can see their point, what they're doing is obviously working. I guess it's more a lament on the fact our derby (which I never missed for close to 2 decades) is now too expensive for families...
Is it only this game that is so expensive or are all games at Allianz this much?

Latest posts