What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R27 Fri - Souths 12-26 Sydney @ Accor

Round 27: Souths v Sydney

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King-Gutho94

Coach
The most amazing thing about this stat is it's not like their record after 11 rounds was padded by byes... They hadn't had any yet.

They went 4-9 in their last 13 games
Even more amazing was they beat Penrith at home & bashed Brisbane and Melbourne away in a month leading into round 11.

They were on top and deserved premiership favourites at the time.

Wasn't like they beating the shit teams.

I thought Parra pounding them in Round 12 was a one off fluke I didn't see such a big slide coming from that loss.

Spot On

Coach
When asked by media if the first grade coaching gig is harder than they expected both Anthony Seibold and Jason Demetriou have given the same answer:

‘Coaching is the easy part!

Interesting answers.

Seibold was asked that question when the Broncos were in a death spiral. JD was quoted not so long ago.

Woody90

Juniors
Even more amazing was they beat Penrith at home & bashed Brisbane and Melbourne away in a month leading into round 11.

They were on top and deserved premiership favourites at the time.

Wasn't like they beating the shit teams.

I thought Parra pounding them in Round 12 was a one off fluke I didn't see such a big slide coming from that loss.

They went into cruise control after that assuming they would make it easily.

King-Gutho94

Coach
When asked by media if the first grade coaching gig is harder than they expected both Anthony Seibold and Jason Demetriou have given the same answer:

‘Coaching is the easy part!

Interesting answers.

Seibold was asked that question when the Broncos were in a death spiral. JD was quoted not so long ago.
Cameron Ciraldo would probably say the same thing atm

Fangs

Coach
Another crazy turn around for the Roosters.

After losing to the Storm I thought they were done. If they win week one you'd call the year a success I guess. Though feels hollow that they are even playing finals football. Same argument for a few teams perhaps.

Valheru

Coach
Or Warriors, knights or sharks.
Lol no

We are 3-1 against those teams this season

I said it 2 weeks ago and I stand by it. If (as we still aren't guaranteed) we get there we will beat any team that finishes 5-8 at any location.

Warriors would be our best case scenario for a week 2 opponent.

Based on the little I've seen, and by many comments I've read from Souths supporters, Lachlan Illias really showed his lack of form last night. With no Latrell, it left Cody Walker as the lone ball player in the side which made it a lot easier for the Roosters defence to stifle Souths attack as Cook and Taafe/Johnston ae more ball runners than ball players. Latrell, despite some of the flaws in his game, is the other noted playmaker in the Souths side, so without him, Illias was shown up for his poor form.

People earlier in tghe year criticised Trent Robinson for dropping Sam Walker to NSW Cup. However look how he came back from it. Since returning from his injury, Sam's form has been outstanding. Maybe Jason Demetriou should have done the same with Illias earlier in the season to try and shake him out of his poor form, rather than just persevere with him all season. That might be more indicative of where things went wrong for Souths over the back half of the season.

Latest posts