What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
It was better when I worked the library, I had a Chromebook hidden in a copy of Uncle Tony's Battlelines. No merkin was ever gonna find it there.

But they shifted me to the laundry and I can't figure out how to get the dryer to login.
OK hot tip: Get transferred to the Island. You can make a raft out of coconuts, twine and old uniforms.

1711490404664.png

1711490515913.png

King-Gutho94

Coach

Anyone surprised here i certainly am not.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I have no doubt there are drugs in all sports, but no one does cover ups like the AFL. And no sport in the known galaxy is a virtuous, holier than though and as f**k as the AFL.
They did there best to cover up the Essendon Saga but it backfired as it dragged itself out for 5 years.

While Cronulla were just roasted like lambs to a slaughter from day 1.

Ironically Cronulla won the comp in 2016 while at the same time those idiots were serving a 12 month ban that season for that peptide scandal that should been completed 3 years earlier.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They did there best to cover up the Essendon Saga but it backfired as it dragged itself out for 5 years.

While Cronulla were just roasted like lambs to a slaughter from day 1.

Ironically Cronulla won the comp in 2016 while at the same time those idiots were serving a 12 month ban that season for that peptide scandal that should been completed 3 years earlier.

its been part of the AFL culture since I lived there, to protect thier own and thier brand, NRL could learn a lot from them in that respect

I don't agree with covering up drug use though, even if it was handled internally and not publicised

that wouldn't happen in NRL cuz we have too many vulchers at Newscorpse who would feed off this type of news

King-Gutho94

Coach
Splendour in the grass has been cancelled. Groove in the moo was earlier this year.
It's a sad time for the youth. All these rules now have made festivals just not financially viable. Things have become to expensive. Such a shame that all these music festivals are being killed off.

Kylie Minouge was enough to turn the people away from Splendour obivously.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Splendour in the grass has been cancelled. Groove in the moo was earlier this year.
It's a sad time for the youth. All these rules now have made festivals just not financially viable. Things have become to expensive. Such a shame that all these music festivals are being killed off.

Knottfest was $230 a ticket and it was packed.

They have no one to blame but themselves for putting on shitty pop festivals with crappy acts.

hindy111

Post Whore
Knottfest was $230 a ticket and it was packed.

They have no one to blame but themselves for putting on shitty pop festivals with crappy acts.

I'd say there is a difference in age of people going. Splendour is for the youth. A 3 day pass and accomdation etc. It's $1000+
I'm sure older people can afford more expenses also. The issue is deeper. It just costs so much more now to run a festival which has snowball effects and effects ticket prices.
Sad days for the youth.

the phantom menace

First Grade

Anyone surprised here i certainly am not.
Surely this is something all clubs (including NRL clubs) would consider doing, as employers, if it's only the match day tests conducted by the governing body that counted?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say there is a difference in age of people going. Splendour is for the youth. A 3 day pass and accomdation etc. It's $1000+
I'm sure older people can afford more expenses also. The issue is deeper. It just costs so much more now to run a festival which has snowball effects and effects ticket prices.
Sad days for the youth.

nope, nothing to do with age as its mostly young people as I was there

the people at festivals like Knottfest just love metal and over the drive time pop music which is crap live at places like Splendor and Laneway

no one I know up here that goes to Splendor goes for 3 days, most are local and don't want to go for 3 days and also cant afford 3 tickets as you need to pay for each day, 3 day tickets are $416 so I'd say that may be a contributing factor

like I said in the other thread, my son looked at the Splendor line up and decided to come to Knottfest instead of Splendor, with his wife, as there wasn't 1 band in the 3 day line up that he wanted to see live

I still beleive that the people who oragansie these festivals are at fault as they make the assuption that whomever appears on the triplej top 100 is who people want to see live, and I think this is a major flaw in their assumptions that people want to see drive time pop music live becuase they obviously dont

hindy111

Post Whore
nope, nothing to do with age as its mostly young people as I was there

the people at festivals like Knottfest just love metal and over the drive time pop music which is crap live at places like Splendor and Laneway

no one I know up here that goes to Splendor goes for 3 days, most are local and don't want to go for 3 days and also cant afford 3 tickets as you need to pay for each day, 3 day tickets are $416 so I'd say that may be a contributing factor

like I said in the other thread, my son looked at the Splendor line up and decided to come to Knottfest instead of Splendor, with his wife, as there wasn't 1 band in the 3 day line up that he wanted to see live

I still beleive that the people who oragansie these festivals are at fault as they make the assuption that whomever appears on the triplej top 100 is who people want to see live, and I think this is a major flaw in their assumptions that people want to see drive time pop music live becuase they obviously dont

I agree yes. But it's just to expensive these days regardless. Then you get in and get hammered with alcohol and food prices