What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hineyrulz

Post Whore
She is an Aussie icon and a legend in the music industry. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want to see her even if can't stand her music.
I’d rather the Eels give Bea Arthur another extension than have to sit through the singing budgie for more than 1 song.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’d rather the Eels give Bea Arthur another extension than have to sit through the singing budgie for more than 1 song.

She is a pocket rocket.
On Miks Bucks we both got on stage at the local and sung the locomotive ffs
Thank f**k there wasn't camera phone back then.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree yes. But it's just to expensive these days regardless. Then you get in and get hammered with alcohol and food prices

not if you don't drink and eat before you get there, I agree the drink and food prices are ridiculous, but I have to drive for an hour to get home plus I find it more enjoyable if you don't drink yourself silly

it wasn't too expensive for those who went to Knottfest, I guess its a matter of priorities, not too many people will get to see Pantera in this life time if they haven't already seen them

hindy111

Post Whore
not if you don't drink and eat before you get there, I agree the drink and food prices are ridiculous, but I have to drive for an hour to get home plus I find it more enjoyable if you don't drink yourself silly

it wasn't too expensive for those who went to Knottfest, I guess its a matter of priorities, not too many people will get to see Pantera in this life time if they haven't already seen them

Youth will be more inclined to want to get off face then people over 30. Id say its half the reason they are going. Most festivals are going to attract 18-30ylds. Many have part time jobs and are studying. $100 to you and me is relatively nothing but to them it's a big deal.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Youth will be more inclined to want to get off face then people over 30. Id say its half the reason they are going. Most festivals are going to attract 18-30ylds. Many have part time jobs and are studying. $100 to you and me is relatively nothing but to them it's a big deal.

getting off their face costs f**k all nowdays, not all concerts are about the drugs though

its about the music, or at least it should be

like I said, priorities, even people with part time jobs have access to Afterpay

hindy111

Post Whore
getting off their face costs f**k all nowdays, not all concerts are about the drugs though

its about the music, or at least it should be

like I said, priorities, even people with part time jobs have access to Afterpay

Yes but you are missing the original point.
I feel sorry for the YOUTH cause all these things are shutting down. Reason is cause they are so bloody expensive due to so many added costs.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but you are missing the original point.
I feel sorry for the YOUTH cause all these things are shutting down. Reason is cause they are so bloody expensive due to so many added costs.

I'm not missing it, I'm disagreeing with it

Knottfest wasn't cancelled because of the quality of the acts they sold heaps of tickets

Splendor and Laneway etc are just pop festivals and in my oinion, people dont want to see that shit live as the sound is shit without all the back ups and overdubbing

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm not missing it, I'm disagreeing with it

Knottfest wasn't cancelled because of the quality of the acts they sold heaps of tickets

Splendor and Laneway etc are just pop festivals and in my oinion, people dont want to see that shit live as the sound is shit without all the back ups and overdubbing

Younger generations don't listen to Rock/metal bands . It's all about the beats.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Younger generations don't listen to Rock/metal bands . It's all about the beats.

well I'd say there were about 20 or 30 thousand of the younger generation at Knottfest that would disagree with you

I know what you mean though, a lot are into doof doof music but I think metal is more popular than you think

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So is Insane Clown Posse. When are they touring ffs?!?

1505145853799-juggalo.jpeg

Gronk

Staff member
Splendour in the grass has been cancelled. Groove in the moo was earlier this year.
It's a sad time for the youth. All these rules now have made festivals just not financially viable. Things have become to expensive. Such a shame that all these music festivals are being killed off.

It’s not a sad time for the youth at all. The Reserve Bank actually mentioned the Taylor Swift Era Tour in their monthly minutes !

The Splendour crew said yesterday that they found it hard to sell tickets to anyone under the age of 35. Well that’s on them, cos the youth have proven that they have cash to spend, just not on Kylie and acts they have never heard of.

1711571081909.jpeg

hindy111

Post Whore
According to Tripple J I have no source to post bar the radio this morning. But organisers are asking for government funding.
Splendour has been =

Cancelled due to lack of ticket sales.Since when = Sales gone down since Covid.

Reason of low sales = Costs have gone up 30-40%.
Since when = Since Covid.

Please don't move this to the covid thread.
But I can see the direct link. Nothing to do with doof doof music. (That's more late 90s anyhows when Eckies where raging)

King-Gutho94

Coach
It’s not a sad time for the youth at all. The Reserve Bank actually mentioned the Taylor Swift Era Tour in their monthly minutes !

The Splendour crew said yesterday that they found it hard to sell tickets to anyone under the age of 35. Well that’s on them, cos the youth have proven that they have cash to spend, just not on Kylie and acts they have never heard of.

View attachment 85727
Young ones want to travel to Europe, Asia, South America these days and want to see the world

Thats what most would be saving up for.

When you go to Europe your basically going for 5 weeks to justify the long trip and looking at spending 15-20k overall including flights and accommodation for the 5 weeks your over.

hindy111

Post Whore

View attachment 85727

Who's going to Taylor Swift? And who's going to music festivals? Id say it's a different crowd and class of people.
Taylor is also not an annual event.So it's seen as a possible once in a lifetime thing. Also throw in the fact that parents would happily buy their kids a ticket to Swift for that reason but I'd say be hesitant due to what their kids would get up to at a 3 day festival in Byron.......
I know if I had kids I'd certainly wouldn't fear them attending a Taylor concert.

We also need free DRUG TESTING at festivals.

Gronk

Staff member
According to Tripple J I have no source to post bar the radio this morning. But organisers are asking for government funding.
Splendour has been =

Cancelled due to lack of ticket sales.Since when = Sales gone down since Covid.

Reason of low sales = Costs have gone up 30-40%.
Since when = Since Covid.

Please don't move this to the covid thread.
But I can see the direct link. Nothing to do with doof doof music. (That's more late 90s anyhows when Eckies where raging)
Do some f**king research. If the costs of putting on a festival were too great, then why proceed?

Tix went on sale 7 days ago and clearly sales were so bad that the organisers shit the bed.

Yesterday they said that insurance was higher as many insurers had stepped away from the market.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do some f**king research. If the costs of putting on a festival were too great, then why proceed?

Tix went on sale 7 days ago and clearly sales were so bad that the organisers shit the bed.

Yesterday they said that insurance was higher as many insurers had stepped away from the market.

Yes ticket sales where shit. Kids can't afford the costs these days. Umm you haven't noticed how much things have gone up since 2021? I won't mention events.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How were they?

Amazing, just like thier original sound. Many tributes to Dimebag too.

Right from the start they played a vid with their original line up before the band came onto the stage and there were many tributes to Dimebag during the show.

Worth the entry fee just to see them play.

Gronk

Staff member
Yes ticket sales where shit. Kids can't afford the costs these days. Umm you haven't noticed how much things have gone up since 2021? I won't mention events.
Blah blah if they sold a lot of tix, then it wouldn’t have been cancelled. Your argument is moot. They need to look at who they booked.