What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

Who will win? Round 4: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awesome defensive commitment in the 1st half. We won't be able to keep it up for 80 mins though. We need to hold the ball. The ref is killing us in the penalties and 6 agains. We need to get into the grind.

On the positive side, last year the game would have been over by now.

Nutz

Bench
Awesome defensive commitment in the 1st half. We won't be able to keep it up for 80 mins though. We need to hold the ball. The ref is killing us in the penalties and 6 agains. We need to get into the grind.

On the positive side, last year the game would have been over by now.
We are giving away a lot of penalties because we would have trained all week to get up quick to shut them down which is wirking but when it 30⁰+ and no possession they cut corners in attempt to still shut them down.
As you said mate, I think if we hold the ball and complete our sets we'll win this, do the opposite and it's gonna be a long arvo.

Tigerm

First Grade
Great win, no bad player, great defensive effort, the new signings were huge, Galvin will be special for us.
Bud didn’t get on the park?

Das Hassler

Bench
This is what I started to write as the 2nd half was kicking off....

If the eels win this it'll be ..as is so often the case gutho pulling something out of his arse...

f**kin PHEW!!!

Heart attack stuff. Just a fine for Galvin please. Cut us some slack for once nrl 😬
I reckon he'll get 4 weeks. Carrigan got that for breaking Hasting's ankle a few years ago. They looked very similar, albeit Galvin is smaller is Tualungi wasn't badly injured thankfully. If he gets any less that'll be a bonus.

The way he handled it was awesome. He was clearly rattled when he did it, but worked it out in his head while in the bin. Then once he got back on he paid the team back for their exceptional work while he was off. We lifted several gears at that point and never looked like losing, except for when the ref tried to rob us at the end.

I know we'd burnt our challenge but WTF is the bunker for if not to over rule clangers? At least that's what Annesley said last time that happened to us.

What a win! Man I can get used to that. Be interesting to see how we go in Galvin's absence, and who we use.