What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

Who will win? Round 4: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Someone2

Juniors
hey @Someone2 …what state does Sezer play for?

Maybe your buddy @The Rosco knows?

And while you’re here Rhyno baby, don’t let me forget:

View attachment 86009

That’s for all your poor sportsmanship, bad jokes and carry on over the years!!

Suck it up my love.
isn't Klemmer meant to be some sort of leader and role model?

someone needs to tell him to pull his head instead of acting like a 2yr old

enjoy this year Klem there’s rumours the club is looking to ship you off to sleague next year

gordsy

Juniors
I remember watching footy when they had one ref and he did everything. Things like the bunker, video refs, in goal touchies etc. didn't exist. The man in the middle made every call. Now sometimes he f**ked up, and you were dirty, but lived with it as the rub of the green went your way another time when it probably shouldn't have. We didn't have 97 angles and 876 slow motion replays trying to see if the ref made any errors.

I know we often look back at things with rose coloured glass, but I much prefer that system.
This obsession with getting everything 100% right is just dumb and hasn't worked in any sport.
The nfl refs get it wrong even with instant replay, and I have seen the v.r f**k up in soccer. Now if sports where one teams salary cap would be uivalnt to half the comp in the nrl, why are we so arrogant to think we can do better?

Today, when Gutho used his captains' challenge, the bunker decided to put in a call that had nothing to do with the captains' challenge, this is such a stupid thing. If the ref misses it, then they miss it. We lived with this for decades before and the world didn't stop spinning. That type of roller coaster ride of emotions is what made the game a better product back then.

Now we stop for 2 hours and examine everything like we are in an episode of CSI, and miss that wave of emotion like that came from the roar of the crowd and the rush of excitement and joy when a try was instantly awarded or the disappointment and frustration when a try was denied.
Now we have a Franklins version of that because it takes five minutes to give a try and by then the moment is lost.

Anyway, rant over and well done to the team for another win. It was far from pretty or polished, but the effort is there and, as one of many long-suffering fans on here am so pleased to finally see it.

Long may it continue !

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I reckon he'll get 4 weeks. Carrigan got that for breaking Hasting's ankle a few years ago. They looked very similar, albeit Galvin is smaller is Tualungi wasn't badly injured thankfully. If he gets any less that'll be a bonus.

The way he handled it was awesome. He was clearly rattled when he did it, but worked it out in his head while in the bin. Then once he got back on he paid the team back for their exceptional work while he was off. We lifted several gears at that point and never looked like losing, except for when the ref tried to rob us at the end.

I know we'd burnt our challenge but WTF is the bunker for if not to over rule clangers? At least that's what Annesley said last time that happened to us.

What a win! Man I can get used to that. Be interesting to see how we go in Galvin's absence, and who we use.
The only defenses I can see is purely mitigation.
1. It's not coached into him, he's basically a junior with little experience in the art of wrestling and got the tackle so wrong.
2. Once he felt the player going backwards he let go, put both hands out and didn't fully complete the tackle, but too late.
3. No history.

With all this in mind it should be only 2 weeks but the NRL judiciary are muppets and could give him 3-4wks.

Tigerm

First Grade
The only defenses I can see is purely mitigation.
1. It's not coached into him, he's basically a junior with little experience in the art of wrestling and got the tackle so wrong.
2. Once he felt the player going backwards he let go, put both hands out and didn't fully complete the tackle, but too late.
3. No history.

With all this in mind it should be only 2 weeks but the NRL judiciary are muppets and could give him 3-4wks.
I want you to be my legal rep in my murder trial. Hahaha

isn't Klemmer meant to be some sort of leader and role model?

someone needs to tell him to pull his head instead of acting like a 2yr old

enjoy this year Klem there’s rumours the club is looking to ship you off to sleague next year

I’m not superstitious but someone needs to tell Gutho it’s bad luck to headbutt the ball after scoring a dodgy try.

He was supposed to leave the impression that he was the man but he looked like a two year old.

Tigerm

First Grade
I didn't pay attention, was it offside?
That’s what the penalty was for, but there appeared to be interference on Bula before that?
I thought the video ref could have looked at it, it was a potential game changing moment.
Anyway it didn’t matter, it was worth seeing gutho gutted. Haha

Last edited:
I remember watching footy when they had one ref and he did everything. Things like the bunker, video refs, in goal touchies etc. didn't exist. The man in the middle made every call. Now sometimes he f**ked up, and you were dirty, but lived with it as the rub of the green went your way another time when it probably shouldn't have. We didn't have 97 angles and 876 slow motion replays trying to see if the ref made any errors.

I know we often look back at things with rose coloured glass, but I much prefer that system.
This obsession with getting everything 100% right is just dumb and hasn't worked in any sport.
The nfl refs get it wrong even with instant replay, and I have seen the v.r f**k up in soccer. Now if sports where one teams salary cap would be uivalnt to half the comp in the nrl, why are we so arrogant to think we can do better?

Today, when Gutho used his captains' challenge, the bunker decided to put in a call that had nothing to do with the captains' challenge, this is such a stupid thing. If the ref misses it, then they miss it. We lived with this for decades before and the world didn't stop spinning. That type of roller coaster ride of emotions is what made the game a better product back then.

Now we stop for 2 hours and examine everything like we are in an episode of CSI, and miss that wave of emotion like that came from the roar of the crowd and the rush of excitement and joy when a try was instantly awarded or the disappointment and frustration when a try was denied.
Now we have a Franklins version of that because it takes five minutes to give a try and by then the moment is lost.

Anyway, rant over and well done to the team for another win. It was far from pretty or polished, but the effort is there and, as one of many long-suffering fans on here am so pleased to finally see it.

Long may it continue !
Couldn't agree more with this. The flow and pace of the game is so slow now because of the use of the video ref. The expectation is the ref gets everything 100% correct and there should be an enquiry if it's not. The worst culprits are the commentators who go off their collective minds every time there's a hint of an error.

At the same time the players aren't held to the same account. If they were the commentators would be calling for a player to be hooked every time there's a missed tackle. You need to accept ref's and players are human and mistakes are going to be made.

I'd only ever use the video ref for things that are too quick for the naked eye to pick up such as tries involving the in goal line and as a back up for obvious try scoring clangers like dropped balls that are very clear after 1 replay in real time. I'd get rid of the captains challenge completely.

Tigerm

First Grade