What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test Australia vs West Indies at Bridgetown Barbados

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Windies are still in this with a chance if we continue to drop catches like we did last night

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Johnson continues to impress :roll: He will pick up a couple of tailenders and finish with 2 for 70 odd and Ponting will tell us he continues to bowl well :crazy:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I watched most of the replay this afternoon, god he was bowling some rubbish

he bowled one ball a metre outside leg stump,

he's really lost control

JJ

Immortal
and Johnson gets 1 for 70 odd from about 12 - nice predictions

Question for those that have been watching - have the Windies improved, or Australia declined? Or a bit of both? Windies seemed to be reasonably competetive for a team ranked very lowly

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bit of both, our attack once we get past Clark and Lee is pedestrian

I hate to keep harping on but Johnson is well below international standard atm, Casson got 3 in his debut game but is no Shane Warne, he got belted and two of his wickets were ct in the outfield, which is not what you look for as a skipper.

Hard to set a field to that.

He will get selected for more test matches on those 3 wickets but has a very long way to go.

We missed Hayden earlier on in the series.

Johnson needs to go back to first class cricket to fix his action, he has a bit more of a round arm action rather than straight over the top. Maybe he's trying to get it to swing but he has definitely lost his mojo.

TimmyB

Juniors
Well said Twizzle.

Johnson is nowhere near ready. I have severe doubts he ever will be. Casson is in the exact same boat to me. From what I watched, Clarke more than outbowled him.

Lee is the lynchpin of the attack. We are very lucky he has stepped up in the absence of McGrath. It's been an extroadinary transformation over the last 18 months.

TheParraboy

Staff member
and Johnson gets 1 for 70 odd from about 12 - nice predictions

Question for those that have been watching - have the Windies improved, or Australia declined? Or a bit of both? Windies seemed to be reasonably competetive for a team ranked very lowly

Batting and Bowling WI are decling.........and fast in my opinion

Fielding - Australia have gone remarkably backwards over the last couple of tests. We dont address this issue, then this is the single thing that will hurt us most vs upcoming test series vs India and SA

The only competitiveness from the WI in the 3rd test was the very uncharacteristic way Australia dropped so many sitters (9 in total, Katich alone dropping 4 in this test). We take half those catches and we slaughter them, and Chanderpaul doent get to reach some big not outs due to his partners getting out way earlier due to the sitters being taken instead of dropped.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think Haydos's days are in writing cook books, not playing test matches

Haydos is better than Katich, and unlike Katich..he can actually catch! Katich may have scored 150..he friken let in 100 dropping Marshall twice. Can the bloke catch, how many sitters has he dropped..6 or so in 3 tests!

Latest posts