What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test Australia vs West Indies at Bridgetown Barbados

lockyno1

Post Whore
Exactly, look he may be able to bat (Katich) but he is a dead set liability in the field and with our attack we can't afford to be dropping chances, especially easy ones.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
and Johnson gets 1 for 70 odd from about 12 - nice predictions

Question for those that have been watching - have the Windies improved, or Australia declined? Or a bit of both? Windies seemed to be reasonably competetive for a team ranked very lowly
A bit of both IMO, the Windies had plenty of chances to beat us. A better side might have put us to the sword.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly, look he may be able to bat (Katich) but he is a dead set liability in the field and with our attack we can't afford to be dropping chances, especially easy ones.

he's not a liability in the field,

he just had a bad test match

TimmyB

Juniors
Hard to say whether the Windies have improved.

Their general attitude is infinitely better. They are fighting and look to be playing more as a unit. Unfortunately the talent stocks are still very low. Chanderpaul is class. Bravo is classy and could be anything, but is still very prone to losses of concentration and stupid shots. Same goes for Sarwan. Apart from that, there's not a whol lote else. Xavier Marshall looks to the next big hope, but I would need to see a lot more than his cover drive and a few pulls to be convinced. Looks weak on the leg side and rarely played off the back foot. They badly need a youth academy to turn these blokes into top class talents imo.

I think Edwards and Taylor with support from Bravo are capable of forming a decent spearhead. They did well to roll us for 250 in the first innings this test. It's not often that happenes. Had Symonds been given out correctly the first time it could well have been a lot better.

It's the first time they haven't won a test against us in a home series since 1954(I think it was). On the whole however, I think they've done a lot better than usual - probably solely on attitude. Definitely capable of knocking off the lower ranked teams on the series. Promising, but a long way to go.