What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Spurs complete Palacios deal

By ANTONY KASTRINAKIS
Published: Today

WILSON PALACIOS is officially a Tottenham player after agreeing terms on a £14million switch from Wigan.
SunSport can exclusively reveal that Spurs finally got their man after thrashing out terms this afternoon.

We told you yesterday the two clubs had agreed a fee and the Honduras star was due for talks with the North Londoners today.

A Tottenham insider confirmed: “A deal has been agreed with Wilson. He’s now a Spurs player.”

It is understood Palacios will sign a four-year deal worth around £55,000 a week.

The move represents a massive return for Wigan boss Steve Bruce who coughed up £1m last January to snap Palacios up from Olimpo.

Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of Palacios but wanted to wait until the summer to nab him.

It gave Tottenham a window of opportunity to snatch Palacios and they did after upping their initial £10m offer which Wigan turned down last week.

Bayern Munich and Real Madrid had also expressed an interest in the powerhouse midfielder.

clicky

Tommy Smith

Referee
For once i think Spurs have made a quality signing. Abit pricey, but they have opened themselves up to being taken for a ride by being such transfer whores (17m for Bent and 14m for bentley if i recall correctly).

I imagine a massive summer clearout will ensue along with the signing of hopefully 4-5 quality players to replace them. Maybe then Spurs will be a top half of the table team again.;-)

LOL

how about no?

nowhere credible says we were interested and even if we were we would have got him for 5m tops

14m? lol we paid less for luca toni

i believe the key word is credible?

bild had nothing
kicker had nothing
bayern website had nothing
bayernforum had nothing

bayern weren't interested

hypothetically let's say it's true ... he didn't reject us anyway since it was only an "expression of interest" which it clearly says in your article

onto better things ... CMON BURNLEY :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts