What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin I :: Wed 3 Jun :: QLD 28 NSW 18 @ Etihad

Origin 1 :: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jarro

Juniors
classy classy winner just there

Not my fault your boys played like a bunch of rejects :roll:

Take it on the chin lads, no point whinging about calls that you thought went the wrong way ....

... bottom line is that you guys weren't good enough or desperate enough to win it.

Jasdragon

Juniors
For NSW, the problems were mainly with 1 6 7 and 9

9 Farah -> Best of the lot, but still pretty bad.
7 Wallace -> Shocker, lost count of the hospital passes he threw, but at least tried to organize..
6 Campese -> The most non-existent performance by a half I've seen at origin. Hell was he even out there?
1. Gidley -> Was going along ok, without doing anything flash. Well, until the last 10 minutes, where he wrapped it up for QLD..

Who should stay for game 2? Gidley and Farah deserve another shot. As for the halves I'd have either:
7. Kimmorley (Can't believe I'm saying this..)
6. Mullen

Or

7. Wallace (by a thread)
6. Mullen

..Sure glad I'm a Queensland fan. :)

Very true, Barrett (hes good in origin) and Soward as ruffies should have a shot also and B.Morris in for McMannus this bloke has nothing!

Last edited:

Nullajet

Juniors
For NSW, the problems were mainly with 1 6 7 and 9

9 Farah -> Best of the lot, but still pretty bad.
7 Wallace -> Shocker, lost count of the hospital passes he threw, but at least tried to organize..
6 Campese -> The most non-existent performance by a half I've seen at origin. Hell was he even out there?
1. Gidley -> Was going along ok, without doing anything flash. Well, until the last 10 minutes, where he wrapped it up for QLD..

Who should stay for game 2? Gidley and Farah deserve another shot. As for the halves I'd have either:
7. Kimmorley (Can't believe I'm saying this..)
6. Mullen

Or

7. Wallace (by a thread)
6. Mullen

..Sure glad I'm a Queensland fan. :)

Farah??? are you serious??

Did you not notice the massive shift in fortunes when Wing took over? And for mine Hayne was the best player on the ground!

Kimmorley IS NOT the answer..he's been there and stuffed that!

NSW need to learn to stick with some players and especially combos instead of trying to swap and change all the time

The score flatters qld who have so much experience and an all aust back line.

Award the Hayne try in the early parts (because despite elevated camera angles ...no player plants their heal when they run and the touchy had the best view) and we have an interesting ball game on our hands.

Im happy to keep that entire squad except Rove who was pathetic and bring Gallen in to add some starch to the hit ups! Jenning MUST get more space!

Jasdragon

Juniors
Once again the Blues forwards were dominated by two pensioners in Price and Civeno, two nevilles in Harrison and Johnson and by two games in nine months Crocker. Embarrassing. Someone please get our pack to front up with some mongrel in game 2.

:lol: at blues forwards being dominated! The halves did!

Nullajet

Juniors
Not my fault your boys played like a bunch of rejects :roll:

Take it on the chin lads, no point whinging about calls that you thought went the wrong way ....

... bottom line is that you guys weren't good enough or desperate enough to win it.

To be honest Jarro....if you think that was a good win with an all australian backline against a newly formed team and with some handy refs calls.....good luck to you...you certainly dont have high expectations of your team.

enjoy it

mxlegend99

Referee
3, 2, 1s for NSW.

Worst players:
3. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
1. Peter Wallace, Terry Campese, Brent Kite, Jamie Lyon, Anthony Laffranchi and Paul Gallen

Best players:
3. Jarryd Hayne
2. Craig Wing
1. Luke Lewis and Michael Jennings

Was very dissapointed that Michael Jennings was given the ball more often. He was getting halfbreaks with every run he had, and that was with no space at all. The only bloke that had a better game then him in our backline was Jarryd Hayne... arguably the best player on the field.

Luke Lewis should be starting at Lock for Game 2. Looked dangerous everytime he ran the ball and had some mongrel in him in defence. He wasn't given enough game time though IMO.

little_aza

Juniors
3, 2, 1s for NSW.

Worst players:
3. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
1. Peter Wallace, Terry Campese, Brent Kite, Jamie Lyon, Anthony Laffranchi and Paul Gallen

Best players:
3. Jarryd Hayne
2. Craig Wing

Was very dissapointed that Michael Jennings was given the ball more often. He was getting halfbreaks with every run he had, and that was with no space at all. The only bloke that had a better game then him in our backline was Jarryd Hayne... arguably the best player on the field.

Luke Lewis should be starting at Lock for Game 2. Looked dangerous everytime he ran the ball and had some mongrel in him in defence. He wasn't given enough game time though IMO.

yeah..gallen had a quiet one didnt he.. :sarcasm:
but everything else you say, i agree with.

Nullajet

Juniors
Did you not notice how I was commenting only on the 1 6 7 and 9? Meaning that Farah was the best out of them. Obviously he wasn't anywhere near NSW's best.
did you notice what happened when wing came on as the 9 ????

Apey

Staff member
3, 2, 1s for NSW.

Worst players:
3. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus

Best players:
3. Jarryd Hayne
2. Craig Wing

you need to re-watch the game if you think Gidley was the worst. Two terrible errors when the game was already lost.

skeepe

Immortal
Campese wasn't awful, but he didn't do all that much that was good either. The problem was, as I've mentioned several times, Bellamy's tactics. It's plain as day that Bellamy wanted Wallace to be the dominant half in the partnership, with Campese in more of a supporting role. This was evident the amount of times Campese was found at dummy half, which is more often than I would have expected.

So many times you could see Campese organising the players around him, only for Farah to take the wrong option and pass it to Wallace, who clearly wasn't ready. These guys need to be given time. They will get better as they form combinations at this level. You NSW fans are absolutely ruthless, if you lot were the selectors then playing 5 Origins would be considered a record.

sass

Juniors
I don't care what gus said ... I don't think the boys had no passion. I'm proudly and drunkly wearing my blues jersey right now. (as is kiki).

they were young and inexperienced and I think that they just need time to gel ... give them time and we can beat the queenslanders. considering they are basically the australian team with a different second row they should have THRASHED nsw and they didn't.

ps INGLIS YOU ARE FROM KEMPSEY. IN NSW. THAT STILL MAKES ME ANGRY.

Nullajet

Juniors
So who out of Gidley, Wallace, and Campese had a better game? :roll:

I thought we were comparing the hookers?? :roll::roll:

I didnt think any of those three were terribly good tonight. But Wing was certainly more damaging than the lot!

8Ball

First Grade
I thought we were comparing the hookers?? :roll::roll:

I didnt think any of those three were terribly good tonight. But Wing was certainly more damaging than the lot!

No... I was comparing the performances of the spine...

Obviously Wing was far better than Farah. Brought NSW back into the game single-handedly.

mxlegend99

Referee
you need to re-watch the game if you think Gidley was the worst. Two terrible errors when the game was already lost.
If he hadn't made those mistakes, we had a great chance at sending the game into golden point.

His errors were more costly then any of the referee mistakes and errors other players had made. His mistakes happened at the worst possible time for NSW. He absolutely destroyed our momentum.