What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A budding Maroon is true Blue

hellteam

First Grade
So after all this whingeing from you NSW supporters, what do you actually want us QLDers to do about this?

Bluebags1908

Juniors
It is VERY well documented that Inglis wanted to play for Queensland because of his admiration for Queensland's first captain Artie Beetson.

Maybe you should start trying to judge people's motives based on their actions.

Stiff sh!t if he supported Queensland as a kid because of Arthur Beetson. That is completely irrelevant!

Bluebags1908

Juniors
So after all this whingeing from you NSW supporters, what do you actually want us QLDers to do about this?

We expect Queensland not to do it again - which sadly they tried to do with Tom Learoyd-Lahrs by selecting him in the Emerging origin squad. Luckily this time they didn't get away with it.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Get me a f**king bucket, since when the f**k do you think you have the audacity to know that Inglis went with Queensland because they were the first to pick him.
Christ some people really struggle with their brains.

Mate, take 10 steps back and think this through logically.

Let me quote Tom Learoyd-Lahrs in the original article I posted:

"But when you're a kid and you've been told to get yourself up to an Origin training camp, well, you keep your mouth shut don't you? If I had told them how I felt, I would never have been allowed back.''

This would have been the same positiion Greg Inglis would have found himself in.

Think about it - imagine if you are a 17 or 18 year old rookie that's had his first season in first grade. Still trying to make a name for yourself as a footballer and you get picked for origin after a few stunning games in your short career. And you get picked for the 'wrong' state. Would you seriously knock it back? I know money isn't everything but it's no secret that if you play origin your earning capacity skyrockets - especially if you are a young kid that has just burst onto the scene and has his whole career ahead of him. Provided he holds his form he would have gone from earning $50,000 to $200,000 or more - and that is just for his next contract

Dazzat

First Grade
Think about it - imagine if you are a 17 or 18 year old rookie that's had his first season in first grade. Still trying to make a name for yourself as a footballer and you get picked for origin after a few stunning games in your short career. And you get picked for the 'wrong' state. Would you seriously knock it back? I know money isn't everything but it's no secret that if you play origin your earning capacity skyrockets - especially if you are a young kid that has just burst onto the scene and has his whole career ahead of him. Provided he holds his form he would have gone from earning $50,000 to $200,000 or more - and that is just for his next contract

There are people in this world who make decisions NOT based on money. You don't know what Inglis was thinking ... all we have to go by is what we are told ... that he idolised Artie Beetson and wanted to play in the same team ...

Anything else is just your pathetic musings.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Mate, take 10 steps back and think this through logically.

Let me quote Tom Learoyd-Lahrs in the original article I posted:

"But when you're a kid and you've been told to get yourself up to an Origin training camp, well, you keep your mouth shut don't you? If I had told them how I felt, I would never have been allowed back.''

This would have been the same positiion Greg Inglis would have found himself in.

Any response regarding Hunt and Lowe?

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
you guys can keep inglis. why would nsw want a player who doesn't even want to play for them. qld have always claimed players anyway they can (eg. tuqiri, hunt, lamb) so people should get use to it. cheating is part of the qld spirit.

GB!

Juniors
you guys can keep inglis. why would nsw want a player who doesn't even want to play for them. qld have always claimed players anyway they can (eg. tuqiri, hunt, lamb) so people should get use to it. cheating is part of the qld spirit.

WTF??? :crazy:
he's NSW, but are you androtops still carrying on about inglis?
FFS let it go, i'm embarrassed for all of you:oops:

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
Played for Tenterfield Tigers.

Was this his first senior game ... or are you just clutching at straws like most of the posters on this thread?

After three straight series losses you've got more excuses than a snake oil salesman.

Ianc

Juniors

Lyon???:sarcasm:

Serc

First Grade
Was this his first senior game ... or are you just clutching at straws like most of the posters on this thread?

After three straight series losses you've got more excuses than a snake oil salesman.

Pretty sure he did...I'd heard he grew up in Tenterfield and had his first senior game in NSW, and according to wiki he played for NSW under 17's.

Serc

First Grade
Of course :p which was why i specified wiki (to show that its not the worlds greatest source) as i could only find any 'useful' info on Moore from there. Somewhere else said he was born in Texas, but if you do look at your 'goggle' search there's a lot of Tenterfield results as well, including him being included in the Group 19 team of the century...which strongly suggests to me his first senior club (or at least the club he is most associated with) is the Tenterfield Tigers.

Speaking of which I just stumbled upon this article here which gives a bit of background as well:

http://www.tenterfieldstar.com.au/n...-for-group-19-team-of-the-century/784018.aspx

Dazzat

First Grade
Of course :p which was why i specified wiki (to show that its not the worlds greatest source) as i could only find any 'useful' info on Moore from there. Somewhere else said he was born in Texas, but if you do look at your 'goggle' search there's a lot of Tenterfield results as well, including him being included in the Group 19 team of the century...which strongly suggests to me his first senior club (or at least the club he is most associated with) is the Tenterfield Tigers.

Speaking of which I just stumbled upon this article here which gives a bit of background as well:

http://www.tenterfieldstar.com.au/n...-for-group-19-team-of-the-century/784018.aspx

One question: Do you know what the eligibility rules were at the time of Moore's selection and whether his selection contravened any? Try Googling that!

mxlegend99

Referee
This is why the rules are f*cked. People are basically just choosing which state to play for, or if one state picks them they will keep their mouth shut just so they can play Origin footy.

The rules need to be simple. You can only represent the state you were born in. If you were born on holidays. Tough luck. If you don't like the state you were born in, sh*t happens. If you weren't born in NSW or QLD. Good luck trying to make the Australian side.

Those rules might not be perfect, but it's better then what we currently have. It's called State of Origin and half the players for both teams aren't born in NSW, QLD or in some cases Australia.

mxlegend99

Referee
Also we should allow blokes like Jarryd Hayne and Michael Jennings play for NSW without forcing them to play for Australia to do so. They were both born in NSW, yet they can only play State of Origin if they change their allegiences from the Country their parents come from to do so.

Australia should be encouraging the superstars of the game who are eligible for other countries to play for them, and improve the game internationally. They should also allow people who currently play for other countries to play State of Origin if they meet the simple criteria of being born in NSW or QLD.

ie.
Frank Pritchard was born in NSW. His parents are from New Zealand which is his heritage. But because he chooses to play for NZ he can't represent his State of Origin?

Meanwhile blokes born in New Zealand have reprsented their states just because they chose Australia over their country of birth. Willie Mason and Karmichael Hunt are two blokes off the top of my head.