What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: QF2 Sat :: Titans 32 Broncos 40 @ Skilled

Qualifying Final 2 :: Titans v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finals are a completely different ballgame though, and we've been one of the best finals teams historically. Interested to see how the Tits approach it. The rest of the season doesn't matter now, this is basically a home game for us anyway. I think more so than at Suncorp, where we've never won a finals game.

How is their casualty ward looking, just quietly? I haven't had time to check. Obviously O'Dwyer is gone. Rogers had the worst half of football I've ever seen from him last week, is he going to be fit? He'll be dangerous if he is.

HERE'S AN INTERESTING STAT: Going back to 2000 (obviously excluding the 2000 and 2006 premierships), the team that has eliminated the Broncos has made the grand final every year.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
With no disrespect to the Titans, I am pretty happy to be playing them in their first semi-final as opposed to Canterbury. I think we are a big chance in taking this one away from them continuing the momentum we have built up over the last 5 weeks.

Eelectrica

Referee
Manly did the Titans a huge favour last Saturday. Ok so maybe not so much with the LoD injury. But for Manly to come out and play the way they did and let the Titans know what finals is all about one week early can only help for this coming Saturday.

The Titans weren't ready for it, this Saturday they will be.
Titans by 2.
Assuming Rogers is good to go.

If Rogers doesn't play the Titans lose too much strike power and I think the Broncos will get away with it in the final 20 like they did the first time the teams met at Suncorp. The Titans arern't a one man band, but take enough parts out and the machine tends to fall apart.

With no disrespect to the Titans, I am pretty happy to be playing them in their first semi-final as opposed to Canterbury.

Hear hear. Canterbury are a September team, even though we have a great finals record against them I dread finals games against them every year. The Tits...well we'll see about that this weekend.

Rogers said on the news he's 50-50, but it's hard for me to see him not playing.

Eelectrica

Referee
Hear hear. Canterbury are a September team, even though we have a great finals record against them I dread finals games against them every year. The Tits...well we'll see about that this weekend.

Rogers said on the news he's 50-50, but it's hard for me to see him not playing.

Problem for Rogers is it's a hamstring injury. If he risks it and it goes during the game, then that's a disaster the Titans can't afford.

Anyway for a few Titans players, namely Prince and Laffranchi this is deja bu all over again. They've been in this exact situation when they were with the Tigers. Not saying it's going to end the same though.

Country Bronco

Juniors
First of all, Congrats Titans on making the finals for the first time in their short history. I would be cheering for you except you're playing my broncos. So i'll tip broncos by 1. Hopefully it'll be a enjoyable game to watch for all and that both teams progress into the second week of the finals.

Shorty

Staff member
With no disrespect to the Titans, I am pretty happy to be playing them in their first semi-final as opposed to Canterbury. I think we are a big chance in taking this one away from them continuing the momentum we have built up over the last 5 weeks.

:?

The Dogs are without Kimmorely....and also, the Broncos wood over the Dogs in finals over the last few years has been pretty good...

I wouldn't be 'glad' to be playing any team with Scott Prince and Preston Campbell.
And I think the Tits are going to prove a lot of people wrong.

user_nat

Coach
Hmm.. I'm sick of tipping against my team (even though its working, they keep winning).

Brisbane by 4.

DeeJ

Bench
Hope Brisbane tighten up the holes around the middle of the park which is where the Titans love to attack. We missed alot of tackles against the Raiders but our scramble defense was good enough to hold them out.

Mr Saab

Referee
HERE'S AN INTERESTING STAT: Going back to 2000 (obviously excluding the 2000 and 2006 premierships), the team that has eliminated the Broncos has made the grand final every year.

You might want to check those stats. In 2004 the Broncos were eliminated by the Cowboys....and the GF that year was the Dogs and Chooks.

Mr Saab

Referee
Titans can win, then Knights win and its bye bye Broncos!

Or Broncos win. Knights win. Storm Lose and your "2nd" team the Storm are on mad monday.
If that happens then you can really cry.
But until then, dont bemoan the Broncos because your team are like cicadas and appear every 7 years

pantherz9103

First Grade
Or Broncos win. Knights win. Storm Lose and your "2nd" team the Storm are on mad monday.
If that happens then you can really cry.
But until then, dont bemoan the Broncos because your team are like cicadas and appear every 7 years

My 2nd team right now are the Titans, because they're playing the Broncos. I'll cheer on two ex Panthers in Presto and Carty as coach, boo that turncoat Wallace.

Mr Saab

Referee
My 2nd team right now are the Titans, because they're playing the Broncos. I'll cheer on two ex Panthers in Presto and Carty as coach, boo that turncoat Wallace.

Wallace is a turncoat? How? Cause the panthers offered him some food vouchers from panthers as a contract?
You have No Clue.
What happened to the storm? you dropped them like dane laurie drops passes.