What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are ashamed...We are still here

joshreading

Staff member
I agree that the Club needs to effectively reform in a MAJOR way to recover and thrive but if you have been a fan, stick it out.

We feel cheated possibly more than anyone, everything good has been stolen but you can only steal a future if you give up on it.

Players have bled trying to win for the team, fans, city and state. Heartbreak and joy have been brought in the balance of a game.

Do you leave the game because it has had some idiots? Do you leave what is the greatest game because a player cheats?

Why leave our team if SOME people have cheated us all? You steal from yourself again, you steal from every clean player and administrator that has fought for our team and code in Victoria.

Remove the rot and continue...

nqcowboy87

Bench
how can a player and im not naming names, but lets say a marquee player who is obviously getting payed heaps can sit there and going along with it

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I honestly feel for the Storm fans here (maybe not Butters, he's just a tosser), to know that each game in this season will have meant for nothing. The real test of the club's and players' fortitude will be how they perform now, knowing that they can't win a thing, and that everything they worked so hard for (well the players at least) over the last ten years has been taken from them.

Rovelli

Bench
Surely the players knew about it.

I was convinced all along that Melbourne were doing a great job of managing the books...just not in this way.

They let Folau go because he was replaceable. They eventually lost Dallas Johnson, but what they did was keep Slater, Inglis, Cronk and Smith around...and filled out their roster will emerging talent.

Turns out they were scum all along. I've also been made a fool.

I feel sorry for Cronulla fans tonight quite a bit. They were robbed of the chance to potentially see there team win a maiden comp. They are now struggling for a future. Had it been a level playing field would Cronulla have won, no idea but they were denied there chance.

Storm fans stick with em but I have some serious doubts about there long term viability in Melbourne at the current point in time.

I am sure players knew about it as well. There is no way you sign a contract and get paid more and not know what is going on.

Will be interesting to see in 5 weeks how many Melbourne players suddenly have injuries. The big winners out of all this might yet be the UK Super League.

oh great so more good players forced to go elsewhere cause the cap knocks them out

what teams will have the cap space to fit another $450-$500,000 player next year

joshreading

Staff member
The club is dead to me and i will not be showing them any support in the future.

I am hurting as much as you but please answer this question. Do you support the administrators? Do you support Brian Waldron? Do you support specific people who will be found to be complicit in this?

OR DO you support the players that have bled on the field? that have played their guts out?

I can understand ducking your head, even for this entire year but don't screw us all because a handful have screwed us.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
your scum club STOLE from US!!! We don't give a sh*t how you feel!! I hope they kick the SCUM OUT forever, your club does not deserve to take the field.

Knightmare

Coach
You still have more justification for supporting the Storm than people who cheer teams in other codes who throw games to get better draft picks the following season. That would be enough for me to give up following a club. This situation would devastate me, but I would still follow them.

Dani

Immortal
My partner just took my car and keys to get Maccas for dinner in Cremorne.

My keys are on a Storm lanyard with Storm keyrings. He was verbally abused and punched as he waited for our order for holding my keys.

I feel cheated and broken. Like i've lost a limb.

Rovelli

Bench
Players come and go, but fans stay.

Though some people on LU hate the Storm - rightly or wrongly - for whatever they have done on and off the field in the past few seasons, today's announcement has hurt the Storm fans. Imagine shelling out a lot of money to go watch the Storm and enjoy all that success, only to find out it was a sham? Words can't describe that.

nqcowboy87

Bench
your scum club STOLE from US!!! We don't give a sh*t how you feel!! I hope they kick the SCUM OUT forever, your club does not deserve to take the field.

dont you just love the dumbass blow ins

Re: We are ashamed...We are still here

My keys are on a Storm lanyard with Storm keyrings. He was verbally abused and punched as he waited for our order for holding my keys.

jesus, thats f###ed

Nickeel

Juniors
expect the same when you scum fans visit sydney, you think people will just let it slide? NO. Stay home or visit only melbourne games because if we see sum fans expect a backlash, this is not a threat, this is reality

This constitutes a ban, surely?

'99 must still really hurt for you.

Nick

Maybe you can correct your avatar from "I has a premiership".

It was rubbish anyway.

Billythekid

First Grade
I am hurting as much as you but please answer this question. Do you support the administrators? Do you support Brian Waldron? Do you support specific people who will be found to be complicit in this?

OR DO you support the players that have bled on the field? that have played their guts out?

I can understand ducking your head, even for this entire year but don't screw us all because a handful have screwed us.

Everything the club stood for is tainted as far as i am concerned. 5 Seasons of supporting the storm has now been ruined.

Im not sure what i will do now but i don't think i could ever support the club again. I will try and continue to support the game because i love the sport and i don't want to let this ruin that for me.

The Colonel

Immortal
Players come and go, but fans stayThough some people on LU hate the Storm - rightly or wrongly - for whatever they have done on and off the field in the past few seasons, today's announcement has hurt the Storm fans. Imagine shelling out a lot of money to go watch the Storm and enjoy all that success, only to find out it was a sham? Words can't describe that.
Imagine shelling out all that money to watch your team lose to the team that have systematically cheated the system over five years and have had the premiership they didn't deserve stripped from them. I do feel some sorrow for the Melbourne fans but there are 15 other teams in the premiership who hopefully are doing the right thing by the way of the rules and there fans have been royally f**ked over as well.Disappointing for Storm fans as they now have to wear the stigma of cheats. They however got to celebrate their win in 2007 and 2009, a win that should have belonged to someone else - not Manly or Parramatta as such either but any number of clubs.Well done to the Storm fans for showing how you feel but don't expect a lot of people to share much more than fleeting sympathy....

expect the same when you scum fans visit sydney, you think people will just let it slide? NO. Stay home or visit only melbourne games because if we see sum fans expect a backlash, this is not a threat, this is reality

Cheers for the educated comment...

Imagine shelling out all that money to watch your team lose to the team that have systematically cheated the system over five years and have had the premiership they didn't deserve stripped from them. I do feel some sorrow for the Melbourne fans but there are 15 other teams in the premiership who hopefully are doing the right thing by the way of the rules and there fans have been royally f**ked over as well.Disappointing for Storm fans as they now have to wear the stigma of cheats. They however got to celebrate their win in 2007 and 2009, a win that should have belonged to someone else - not Manly or Parramatta as such either but any number of clubs.Well done to the Storm fans for showing how you feel but don't expect a lot of people to share much more than fleeting sympathy....

Agree 100% with your views...not expecting any sympathy but I believe that Manly and Parra should get the trophies.