What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are ashamed...We are still here

qldseaeagle96

Juniors
Cheats - pure & simple.

But I feel for the genuine Storm fans, don't abandon the game or maybe even your club because of the actions of a few wankers in suits....

Very interested in what will come out in the wash from here, which if any of the players knew about this?

One thing is for sure, I will boo the storm a little bit harder from here on in.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I just can't believe the admins could do this, they have basically destroyed everything by lying and hiding this like it was 'nothing' It's a shame the entire organization and the fans are going to have to put up with this because of a few individuals (yes Wauldron especially) were too blind and money hungry to care about anything else.

Disapppointed beyond belife. The game's going to suffer because of it now, will the Storm find it in them to play? When there is nothing for them to play for now, can and will they do it? Horrible just horrible!

kia mate, chin up. Your club is resilient, it can come back from this. You, the fans - you don't deserve the schtick for what a bunch of crooks in suits have done.

A bad bad day...probably won't go on Sunday. First missed home game in 10 years.

Shorty

Staff member
Maybe you can correct your avatar from "I has a premiership".

It was rubbish anyway.
Another f**ktard.
Well I suppose she can now, since her avatar is the most important thing to you and not the fact that her partner got assaulted.
F**king moron.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
expect the same when you scum fans visit sydney, you think people will just let it slide? NO. Stay home or visit only melbourne games because if we see sum fans expect a backlash, this is not a threat, this is reality

LOL you need to growup and get over it already. It's one thing to hate the club, for your own reasons but seriously that is such a low act if it follows through. None of the fans should have to deal with this beccause IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WIITH THEM. I admit the Storm have made a huge and very stupid mistake but the fans should not have to deal with this aftermath and treatment because some 'fans' hate the club.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The way that the St Merge fans have attacked the Storm with such verve and vigour this afternoon has been an embarrassment. I truly feel sorry for you inept, petty, puerile and truly malevolent human beings.

The true scum of the league are you lot. Thanks for reminding me, not that I had really forgotten.

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
I'm even more furious that we are playing the rest of the season for no point. Why punish the fans? Why kill the sport that little bit more (not that Gallop ever helped promote the sport, ever)? People like me that care about the game and go on forums like this, are the ones that really, really feel what is going on.

And that is just not fair.

This is really not the time for the Storm to be claiming the punishment is not fair. The last 5 seasons have been "not fair" for every other fan in the competition.

I feel for Storm supporters, you deserve better and I would be gutted if it was my team being dragged through the mud like this. Honestly though the punishment is just, and you should be grateful you have a club at all after this mess.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Melbourne will be aiming to have the most Wins by season end... probably will... fans will get behind them to stick it up sydney siders... publicity will grow in Melbourne... It will be a positive for the game in vic

Any publicity is good pub;icity

Knightmare

Coach
expect the same when you scum fans visit sydney, you think people will just let it slide? NO. Stay home or visit only melbourne games because if we see sum fans expect a backlash, this is not a threat, this is reality

Turn off that gangsta rap you're listening to, remove the pics of your head you taped over those bodybuilding posters on your walls and face it. You've got nothing.

j0nesy

Bench
Let me start by saying that I feel for the majority of the Storm fans. The fans are not to blame for this, I think this is the general consesus of all fair minded NRL supporters.

I find it difficult to believe that the board and major "investors" were completely unaware of what was going on. At the very least they may have been ignorant and not doing their jobs. But what board member worth his salt would not want to know where money was being spent? Where was the additional money coming from to float the rort?

What really sh*ts me is the damage that this club has done to the NRL. Not only have they caused pain for their fans, but they've ruined things for every other fan of the NRL either directly or indirectly. Would Parramatta have won last years competition if not for the Storm? Who would Billy Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Smith be playing for if the Storm had stuck to the Salary cap? Could the Dragon's have kept Stanley? How long have they really been rorting the cap for? What is the true ammount of the rort?

Noa

First Grade
I will never give up on the game or the club

There was an article on the weekend about a young Melbourne boy the Storm have high hopes for. If it wasnt for the work the Storm and ARL have done over the last few years he would be looking as a career as a asphalter or some-thing. If I abandon the team now then im abandoning him and any future kids that want to play this great game. There are 12 Victorian kids playing in the SG Ball finals this weekend,we are so close to something big and I wont walk away form it.

hrundi99

First Grade
Given that News own the Storm, I'd suggest that the Storm ceases to exist, and the franchise is re-developed as a new organisation with a new name in Melbourne, with new administration obviously.

All the players should become free agents with the new franchise getting first dibs on them. Any left over that don't want to be there or that the franchise doesn't want are then available to be signed by the other clubs.

This way the new franchise is every bit Melbourne, but not tainted by rumours and hearsay (assuming that going forward only certain members of the Storm organisation are officially reprimanded and that suspicion over others' involvcement is never completely resolved).

This allows the NRL presence in Melbourne to move forward in a fresh, positive fashion.

joshreading

Staff member

Frankly this sort of comment needs to be taken seriously.

I have emailed both the admins here, NRL and AFP who deal with this sort of rubbish. If anything happens expect a visit

Fein

First Grade
Frankly this sort of comment needs to be taken seriously.

I have emailed both the admins here, NRL and AFP who deal with this sort of rubbish. If anything happens expect a visit

Yep, well done.

Personally I'm not surprised which clubs supporters have disgraced themselves the most.

As said earlier, the true scum of the league they follow.

cleary89

Coach
lol at all the dragon hate.

Melbourne has cheated everyone, and most people have a right to be upset. Threats of violence or even saying stuff to fans is fkn stupid though. I expect fans to take signs to the ground, but dragonstyle went too far. Maybe the occassional cheaters as they run on to the field, just as bulldogs cop rapists or saints cop chokers.

Melbourne are a disgrace, and I hope any players who knew about this get de registered and done by the ATO, and the guys who did it get locked up.

Wally shouldn't be allowed to work in any other sort of sporting job again. I don't think Melbourne can survive, and tbh I don't know why it needs to? The game wont work in Melbourne as shown by the last 12 years and hardly any growth.

BDR

First Grade
I can't feel any sympathy for the Melbourne organisation (this includes players, who would have to have been in on the whole scam), the front office is full of greedy cheats who deserve everything coming to them. They have destroyed 5 seasons of Rugby League, I'll never forgive a single one of them.

Can't blame the fans though, they are just supporting a team they thought were legitimate.

Jason Maher

Immortal
While I do kind of feel for the Melbourne fans, I reiterate what Fein was getting at: did they ever feel sorry for the fans of Wests, Souths, Illawarra (my own team) and Norths? Heck, even the Perth Reds (sacrificed by News Ltd along with Hunter to create the Storm)? The demise of these teams was directly linked to the incredibly unfair criterea that favoured teams drip-fed by News Ltd, and most especially the Storm, who were added to the competition with their unfair advantage after it had already been announced that teams would be culled at the end of 1998, meaning one less spot available for those teams which had to stand or fall on their own two feet.

Did you shed a tear for us? If not, then why the f**k should we shed a tear for you?

Nothing is worse than losing your team.

(And before someone brings it up, Illawarra got f**k all out the so-called joint venture. I decided to follow the Dragons because of the tenuous link to the Steelers that remains and because I love Rugby League and couldn't bring myself to follow another team.)

ratsack2

Juniors
Melbourne will be aiming to have the most Wins by season end... probably will... fans will get behind them to stick it up sydney siders... publicity will grow in Melbourne... It will be a positive for the game in vic

Any publicity is good pub;icity

and even if they do win more games than anyone else it will only be because they are $700k over the cap, f**king cheating merkins, they should be kicked out for good