What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels want Cooper Cronk when Melbourne Storm abates by Dean Ritchie

ParraAds

Juniors
first of all I'd like to than Casper for posting this (225 times) in the forum..

secondly, this tells me nothing I already know, infact I'm convinced NOW that we're making a fatal mistake by sitting on our hands waiting for the Melbourne situation to fall in our favour while other clubs such as Newcastle and Canterbury have been more pro active..

thus far we have..

Departures

Nathan Cayless
Feleti Mateo
Kris INU
Kris Keating
Eric Grothe

Signings

NO ONE!!!!!!!

fabulous isn't it??

But we all have faith in the new board, coach and CEO don't we?? :roll:

Forty20

First Grade
first of all I'd like to than Casper for posting this (225 times) in the forum..

secondly, this tells me nothing I already know, infact I'm convinced NOW that we're making a fatal mistake by sitting on our hands waiting for the Melbourne situation to fall in our favour while other clubs such as Newcastle and Canterbury have been more pro active..

thus far we have..

Departures

Nathan Cayless
Feleti Mateo
Kris INU
Kris Keating
Eric Grothe

Signings

NO ONE!!!!!!!

fabulous isn't it??

We did just sign Manuokafoa...but I'm just ribbing you, the lack of signings for next season is worrying.

Unless the club is playing its cards REALLY close to its chest (so close that even people like you can't get a whiff of it, Stagger) then we are going to struggle next year if we are hit with an injury or two and perhaps even so with a fit squad.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
We did just sign Manuokafoa...but I'm just ribbing you, the lack of signings for next season is worrying.

Unless the club is playing its cards REALLY close to its chest (so close that even people like you can't get a whiff of it, Stagger) then we are going to struggle next year if we are hit with an injury or two and perhaps even so with a fit squad.

you may well be 100% correct, infact I hope you are right in terms of keeping things close to their chest, but on the surface it just appears that all we're doing is waiting to see what happens to Melbourne..

my info is that KK would of accpted any offer that went moderately close to the Dogs and said that to management and their reaction, was yep ok!! get ready for an offer soon, that was 6 to 8 weeks ago..lol

ParraAds

Juniors
you can probably speak for yourself, I'll just sit and wait...

Either way... Paul Osborne is going to look foolish after all this is said and done.

1... He came out last year and dismissed any talk that we were in the market for Thurston... saying that Mortimer was the future of the club.

2.... He got into a bidding war with the Dogs about the aforementioned player and signed him to (from what we're told) a ridiculously high sum of money for a player who was unproven and had limited first grade experience.

3... We end up either signing Cronk (unlikely) and his previous comments about Mortimer are squashed... OR .... We miss out on Cronk (likely) and we're without Keating, Mateo et al who have all moved on.

lewiscook

Juniors
I find it amazing how our club is going to play the waiting game with Melbourne and most likely miss out on Cronk its terrible.

i truely hope Parra pulls something out of the bag!

Tim Smith
Trent Hodkinson
Kris Keating
Nathan Gardner
Albert Kelly
Feleti Mateo

Tell me we haven't stuffed up. Absolute disgrace!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Either way... Paul Osborne is going to look foolish after all this is said and done.

1... He came out last year and dismissed any talk that we were in the market for Thurston... saying that Mortimer was the future of the club.

2.... He got into a bidding war with the Dogs about the aforementioned player and signed him to (from what we're told) a ridiculously high sum of money for a player who was unproven and had limited first grade experience.

3... We end up either signing Cronk (unlikely) and his previous comments about Mortimer are squashed... OR .... We miss out on Cronk (likely) and we're without Keating, Mateo et al who have all moved on.

as I said on the surface it appears to be an absolute rabble...

Daneel

Bench
Tim Smith
Trent Hodkinson
Kris Keating
Nathan Gardner
Albert Kelly
Feleti Mateo

Tell me we haven't stuffed up. Absolute disgrace!

Tim left on his own accord
trent obvious mistake for now. He has second year syndrome waiting for him.
Kris is a mistake
Gardner wasn't going to play fullback with hayne here
Albert who? oh the reserve grader from the sharks
Feleti is not a mistake if as we are led to believe we would have had to pay 400k him.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade

thus far we have..

Departures

Nathan Cayless
Feleti Mateo
Kris INU
Kris Keating
Eric Grothe

Signings

NO ONE!!!!!!!

fabulous isn't it??

Is it offical he won't be at the club next year? or your mail Stagger?

ParraAds

Juniors
from what I hear, I'm not shocked at all..

my mail is that he's not wanted.

And my mail is that the guy who would have been the perfect (and like for like) replacement for Grothe was keen to come to Parra until Inu and Mateo signed elsewhere.

Stagger eel

Staff member
tbh, I'm not particularly concerned about the players we've lost but I'm very very concerned about the lack of signings to replace those blokes..

It all started with the re-signing of Robson last year, then followed by Mortimer. If Mateo and KK wern't higher priorities then I don't what is.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It all started with the re-signing of Robson last year, then followed by Mortimer. If Mateo and KK wern't higher priorities then I don't what is.

please, lets not blame the signing of players for the loss of others, it's really silly...

I want to know why our club isn't pro active in the player market atm...

tbh, I don't think we can win a comp with the guys we let go, but we sure as hell can't make the 8 with the blokes who may need to cover from Wenty and NYC..

please, lets not blame the signing of players for the loss of others, it's really silly...

I want to know why our club isn't pro active in the player market atm...

tbh, I don't think we can win a comp with the guys we let go, but we sure as hell can't make the 8 with the blokes who may need to cover from Wenty and NYC..

You misunderstand me, point was the priorities with player signings was all wrong. How the hell do u sign Robson and Mortimer in front of Feleti and KK.

Blind Freddy can see who's more important.

Stagger eel

Staff member
You misunderstand me, point was the priorities with player signings was all wrong. How the hell do u sign Robson and Mortimer in front of Feleti and KK.

Blind Freddy can see who's more important.

well the problem is you, I and anyone else here aren't privvy to the way managment operate their retention system, for all we know, Mateo may have been offered a contract late last year ad knocked it back..

just think about who manages KK and Mateo and then you might get your answer. ;-)