What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Origin I | 25 May | QLD 16-12 NSW | Suncorp #origin

SOO1: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Death riding your own fullback during SOO is pretty disgraceful scenes. Might as well go off and marry your cousins and learn the banjo because you are essentially supporting Queensland with those antics.

:lol: Where have you Raiders fans been the last few years where people have been riding Gidley? Oh wait, some of you have been the ones doing so.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Dugan was good.
Jennings was good.
Uate was promising
Gasnier needs to learn how to pass
noneck Morris was poor
Soward was promising
Pearce was OK
Gallen was OK
King was hopeless - slow and fat
Ennis was a disgrace - never to play for the Blues again

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If Ennis retains his spot Farah will never ever get picked. Swap Morris for Hayne. Tolman for King.

hayne has to be there somewhere, he's NSW best player, you make a f**king game plan around him, same with farah.

These two need to be there to add spark, we have none

aussie7798

First Grade
Pure and simple you cant win many games of league when your front row is obliterated in the fashion nsw was tonight

Pete Cash

Post Whore
:lol: Where have you Raiders fans been the last few years where people have been riding Gidley? Oh wait, some of you have been the ones doing so.

Newcastle players don't count :D

Besides I try not to go into games with the hope of someone f**king up because thats a poor position to be in. I thought Gidley was best on ground in his last outing for NSW and would have him in place of Young. He just isn't as good a fullback as Dugan or Hayne.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
why is everyone rating Pearces game? i thought he was terrible yet again, no spark, kicks were pathetic...........soward wasnt much better, but atleast he could kick the f**kign ball

He did his job as a halfback but his defence was the big one. He saved so many tries in the second half..........inspiring stuff.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
FMD are you serious?
Thanks for the selective quoting. But yes, for the reason I stated. As has been proved over the past few years, we're not going to beat this QLD team with their once in a generation level of attacking potency with defence. We need to at least pose some questions and sadly, we only did that on one side of the field through Pearce, Bird, Jennings & Dugan. If we had some balance on the right hand side, there's a chance that:

a) Thurston would have had to do some more defending; or, even better
b) we might have created a few more try scoring opportunities.

JT_

Juniors
It was a good effort, definitely held our own for the majority. There's only a few players that should be ashamed but I think there's definitely a lot of positives to take out of it. Another day we'd have held QLD off. Gasnier had a nightmare, and Young was a bit useless and Morris came up with a schoolboy error there. Ennis' kick on the 4th was also a monumental screw up.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Well I think we have to face the facts that Queensland are a better side. It doesn't mean we can't beat them and beating them starts from at least nullifying their ludicrously good front row.

ccr

QLD
Matt Scott - 155m
Petero Civoniceva - 146m
Ben Hannant - 127m

NSW
Jason King - 25m
Trent Merrin - 32m
Kade Snowden - 56m
Tim Mannah - 57m

NSW forwards were embarrassing.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Averaged more than 10m per hit up. And made 40 tackles. And provided some aggression, wasn't afraid to get stuck into them
Mate, that's great. As I've said ad nauseum, he was great in defence. I've got no issue on that front. I just felt watching that game that we could have done considerably more when we had the ball, and it's hard for the ball-players when they don't have any options. f**k, I'd prefer Creagh to Scott cause at least he runs some f**king angles.

And as for the 10m per hit up, where'd you get that from? And how many total metres and runs did he have? Cause I saw him run the ball about 4 times and there's no effing way he made 10m per run.

JT_

Juniors
Those are some awful stats, but Mannah and Snowden probably had about 10 carries between them. Gallen and the outside backs pretty much did the work.

mongoose

Coach
QLD
Matt Scott - 155m
Petero Civoniceva - 146m
Ben Hannant - 127m

NSW
Jason King - 25m
Trent Merrin - 32m
Kade Snowden - 56m
Tim Mannah - 57m

NSW forwards were embarrassing.

So Matt Scott made nearly as many metres than all NSW props combined? bahahaahahaha ...

chrisD

Coach
Rickhead's fault. QLD's right was ripe for the taking all night and our best attacking player who destroys good edge defense was sitting watching on TV. Our no-name props struggle to average 4m a run when there's players like Tolman on the offering. And then there's Hunt and Ennis. Just a dumb ass selected team.

Latest posts