What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Off Season Buy

Fast Eddie

First Grade
In your opinion, irrespective of how much they are supposedly being paid, who has been the been the best performing buy for any club of the season? As a biased Warriors supporter I'd have to nominate Mateo.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Although he hadn't played any first grade, Tariq Sims has been a quality investment by North Queensland.

But then our whole off-season recruitment was stunning.

Sleep

Juniors
Dallas Johnson or Tariq Sims? The Cowboys nailed it this past off-season.

Plenty of other clubs went on spending sprees and are now lumped with crap under performing players for the next few years. Some which hurt the cap in a big way.

Dallas Johnson or Tariq Sims? The Cowboys nailed it this past off-season.

Plenty of other clubs went on spending sprees and are now lumped with crap under performing players for the next few years. Some which hurt the cap in a big way.

Dont forget Fai-Fai Loa.

As a Dragons fan, I know I won't.

That kid always puts in.

Eels Dude

Coach
Mateo has a good 2 weeks and he's buy of the year? For what the Warriors paid him he should be buy of the year but he's nowhere close. Tariq Sims for me.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Cowboys recruitment officer deserves a lot of credit, especially when you think that Brett "I left my coathanger in my jersey" Tate has only just started playing.

Mateo for the Warriors has been good as well.

Do you know how much pine is worth these days? Mark Ridell has been the best bench warmer of the lot so he gets my vote. You can't put a dollar value on a well kept pine bench seat! Tariq Sims has gone ok as well...

Mateo has a good 2 weeks and he's buy of the year? For what the Warriors paid him he should be buy of the year but he's nowhere close. Tariq Sims for me.

Didn't you see that he wanted the price to be ignored.

Personally i don't see how it is possible to say who is the best buy without taking price into consideration. I don't know how someone getting paid the amount marquee players do that comes off the bench could be the best buy.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Do you know how much pine is worth these days? Mark Ridell has been the best bench warmer of the lot so he gets my vote. You can't put a dollar value on a well kept pine bench seat! Tariq Sims has gone ok as well...
A 10 foot eight by two piece of radiata is worth about $8 dollars, twice the worth of the piggy man.