What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Try In The History Of Origin

Hutty1986

Immortal
Actually it happens quite a bit.

NSW scored two tries in 4 minutes in Game 1 last year and 3 tries in the space of 9 minutes in Game 1 2005. They had plenty of time to level up on Wednesday night, but they just weren't good enough.

True, but the players heads went down (not that they should have). The killer instinct just isn't there. NSW have lacked ruthlessness for 6 years and the results reflect that.. one win in the past 7 games I think?

Bill Harrigan is a poison in our game, he should be punted.

Actually, he should never have been given a post in the first place.

The blokes makes this shit up as he goes along.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I know right? Hilarious.

Anyway well done with your effort attempting to educate these geniuss.
Its funny how you can convince an animal eg dog, chimp etc right from wrong. But a New South Codpiece well thats a challenge and a half.
Good try though.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Exactly right

QLD try 1 off the back of the Jennings Sin Bin when Matt Scott should also have been sin binned

QLD try 2 off the back of the ridiculous penalty against Bird

QLD try 3 – the worst decision in the history of origin.

Can QLD score any points fairly?

Can nsw score a try without kicking to the wings and praying?

betcats

Referee
what bullshit penalties???

The Greg Bird lifting penalty, it is widely agreed that it was bullshit, even Hollywood the clown agrees that it was bullshit.

Vautin, one of the stauchest queenslanders going round said last night that it was a great tackle.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The Greg Bird lifting penalty, it is widely agreed that it was bullshit, even Hollywood the clown agrees that it was bullshit.

Vautin, one of the stauchest queenslanders going round said last night that it was a great tackle.

I was a great tackle......... but a penalty nonetheless.

Karl

Juniors
You're one of the ones taken in by Harrigan's explanation, watching you trying to justify an absolute howler is woeful

Check the thread pinhead. I have been saying the same thing from the get go and well before Harrigan weighed in. Nice try but once again, you're behind the curve.

Karl

Juniors
Queenslanders have spent the past 2 days trying to justify the worst try in the history of origin.

Lame. :lol:

More like Spent 2 days trying to educate mug punters from NSW who are demonstrating that denial is not just a river in Egypt.

docbrown

Coach
More like Spent 2 days trying to educate mug punters from NSW who are demonstrating that denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Let it go Karl.

You're not going to be able to delete that woeful try from Queensland's history. You're going to have carry that dishonour until the day you die.

Accept it.
Take a deep breath.
And let it go...

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Once again great try Greg and congratulations on the record. A great achievement and one that wont be broken anytime soon.

TheQueenslander

Juniors
When I first saw this thread I thought it said "Worst CRY in the history of origin".

Would have made sence because I don't think a population has ever shed so many collective tears for a long time.

Get some tissues for your issues you fu%cken crybaby spinless dogs.

AuDragon

Juniors
It all comes down to interpretation. If you're of the view that Farah kicked the ball out of Inglis' hands into him, and if you interpret Inglis as not playing at the ball at that moment. Then its a try.

I don't like the above interpretation because it assumes Farah was kicking at the ball, rather than just trying to place his foot between the ball and the ingoal. I also don't like it because it puts no responsibility on Inglis' part in moving the ball into Farah's foot in the first place. It was his motion of planting the ball down that caused the ball to hit Farah's foot and whilst still in the same motion, it came forward off his arm.

Just need more clarification in the rules I suppose. I would like to what the interpretation will be next time when someone gets up to play the ball, hits the opponents foot in trying to play it and the ball comes forward. Pretty sure thats been ruled a knock on in majority of cases.
I think the fundamental difference in interpretation is whether Farah played at the ball or not. The unnatural movement of his foot tells me he did, and as such, your first paragraph applies and it is a fair try.

In fairness, common sense says it shouldn't have been a try, but that is because of the exagerated amount of rules and guidelines, one of them being the BOTD, which I think is total BS, because it allows players to claim a try when they clearly had lost control of the ball.
IMO the video ref should be used to look at possible infringements leading up to a try, and categoric proof the ball was grounded properly. He can ask for all the possible angles in search of that proof, but FMD, don't call a try because there is a chance a hair from a players forearm is touching the ball as it touches the turf.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Common sense said Brett Hodgson's wasn't a try. We all remember that one don't we? You know that match that Qld won anyway?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Nearly three days and the Blue whinging continues:

2rh750j.jpg