What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I f*cking hate pink jerseys

Loudstrat

Coach
So it's Women In League round. Is the the best we can do plonk on a pink jumper? What does that do for Women? It's like women honouring men by wearing a strap on.

And dont give me that marketing crap. Who would buy a pink jersey ffs?

I'm sure there are better things clubs could do - such as honouring women who go great work for their club, in the community etc. Players walking out with an honoured woman like sometimes players walk out with kids would be better.

Brisbane wont be the only club doing it, or have ever done it. My club have issued a pink Eels logo. F*cking abysmal and does nothing by belittle the sentiment behind the idea.

Brutus

Referee
I agree. It looks friggin terrible.

There's plenty of other decent ways to salute women in the game.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
It does seem a little played

But I don't think anyone is trying to belittle women

It is a global sign of breast cancer awareness to wear pink

I would rather thy remove all Nrl telstra logos from this week And add a pink ribbon logo

Simple yet effective

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
pink jumpers is your biggest concern.

How about the fact that the NRL feigns an interest and respect for women after their reluctance to take any action over the many offences committed by players against women?

Pink is okay.

How come every time we hear about the great role women play in RL we're told they're the canteen ladies and jersey washes? C'mon, women play a greater role than that.

Loudstrat

Coach
Madunit, the pink jerseys give that impression to no one with a brain - like you..

The NRL had done plenty to improve the status of women - and so have the clubs. Anyway, ask the chick who made the Brett Stuart allegations, or the women on Greg Bird and Robert Lui if your statement is true gimp.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just to cheer you up, the Warl have this week appointed the first ever female board member.

redvforlife

Juniors
Apparently the Pink jerseys sell out quickly every year and the demand is usually greater than the supply. Of course this all came from a saleswoman atRebel Sport so who knows the truth of it

Latest posts