What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters

drago brelli

Bench
So according to Warren Chase Stanley went to James Cook High. Why didn't someone on that dopey panel pick him up on this. The great know it all Gould said nothing. Chase Stanley is Endeavour High's famous ex-students.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
This will be interesting ...

from Adrian Proszenko in the SMH

Two of the Nine Network's biggest league personalities, Ray Hadley and Andrew Voss, are scheduled to face off in court next week. In a bitter dispute that could have ramifications for his future at the station, Voss is suing Hadley for defamation over comments made surrounding the unveiling of the Ray Warren statue in Junee last year. Stuart Littlemore QC will represent Voss in a case scheduled to begin on Monday. Voss has barely been seen on our screens this year. Insiders have suggested his decision to litigate is partly behind his demotion to Queensland Cup duty. Nine may have won the broadcast rights for the NRL but the legal stoush has clouded Voss's future at the network. However, he is holding out hope of extending his stay for a 19th year at the network and beyond. ''I've got no reason to think otherwise at this point,'' Voss said yesterday. ''A contract was mentioned a few months ago but that was before we even knew where the rights went. Since the rights have been awarded our sports boss has been overseas.'' The prospect of the pair being cross-examined in the witness box is sure to be create plenty of media interest.

Cletus

First Grade
Why would Nine back Hadley over Voss? He's only been there for a few weeks compared to Voss but I always thought there was something more going on with his Qld cup stint. I'd love to know what Hadley said.

Quidgybo

Bench
He basically said Voss will always be a good second string commentator but doesn't have the right stuff to be a great lead caller. Why would channel Nine back Hadley over a station veteran? Perhaps they agree with the assessment and think Hadley is a better choice to step into Rabbit's shoes when he retires. They'd be more interested in keeping their chosen lead commentator happy than a second string that is easily replaced.

Leigh.

Danish

Referee
Why wouldn't Voss just move across to Foxsports when his contract is up considering they clearly have no intentions on promoting him to lead caller?

Mind you, I would only be in favour of such a move providing he came across as a commentator ONLY. Wouldn't want him getting a gig on NRL on Fox or something and thinking his league opinions matter (that was his downfall at 9 IMO)

age.s

First Grade
Voss, Gould and Sterling is 9s best commentary team by far. Gould isn't that bad when he's not playing footsies with Rabs and Sterling is probably the best analyst on the box these days.

Mr Saab

Referee
Voss would also be a good shot at being the lead caller at 2UE if they get some radio rights. He's worked there in the past.

Thing is that 2UE wont get he rights. The so called "independent commision" will give the rights back to 2GB just like they gave them back to ch9.
People thought the IC were this white knight that would fix everything!
hahahahahaha

alien

Referee
i cant stand him just like i cant stand the commentator michael cole in the wwe

andrewvoss_305.jpg
Michael%2BCole.jpg

894922-andrew-voss.jpg
Cole-300x225.jpg

sorry vossy

natheel

Coach
Can someone post that fitler commentary where he says for a player to harden the f**k up or something?

Brutus

Referee
Voss is doing brilliant job with the QLD Cup which is what you'd expect from a bloke with a true passion for the game.

I hope he takes Hadley to the cleaners.

GeorgieRose

Juniors
Hadleys problem is he states the obvious thinking he is still on radio. Not one to usually worry about who is calling the job but his calling is cringe worthy

Packy

Bench
The Dogs vs Canberra game had Fitler, Johns and Hadley calling it. Fitler and Johns were great and seemed to be having a great time and Ray just tried to get in on their jokes and missed every single time. He was like the slow kid butting in with bad jokes who meets awkward silence afterwards.

That was the night Fitler said "oooh... he's been hit by a horse" or something after TLL cleaned up Keating. It was top shelf.

Latest posts