What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | Women in League R10 | Mon | Storm 10-10* Sea Eagles | AAMI

Round 10: Storm v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Well skeepe got it right on the second attempt. Which kind of leaves the door open. Is a team "properly formed" and "ready to contest" if there is no halfback present? Also does the rest of that section include anything about blowing time back on if the formation is broken?

Yeah leaves it open to interpretation I guess, which is stupid because the notes on the laws are supposed to clarify the rules rather than create more ambiguity.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wtf are you on about? It doesn't say anything about both front rows interlocking before the 2nd row can join. It says your own teams front row has to bind before your own 2nd row can join.

Um...

To form a scrum not more than three forwards of either team shall interlock arms and heads and create a clear tunnel at right angles to the touch line.

Buggered if I know how one front row can interlock heads and create a tunnel on their own...

Matagascar

Juniors
I'm a lurker here but thought I'd chime in with 2 things & I don't follow any of these two teams so it's a non-bias approach: the first is that something needs to be done about the officiating in Golden Point. The referees don't want to make calls that would affect the outcome of the match and the end result is offside players, strips going unnoticed, touches which would extend a teams tackle count being ignored etc.

The other is the back & forth lottery that is kicking a field goal. I think someone else here said it as well, but in my opinion it should be the first to score wins. I think Manly were the better team tonight, their defense was outstanding and Melbourne did look out of the match until late in the 2nd and if they would have won in Golden Point I think it wouldn't have done Manly justice.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Obviously you cannot contest a scrum if you have no halfback. You sort of need a halfback to feed the ball. No halfback, no feed. No feed, no scrum. derp

Parra Pride

Coach
So does that apply to when the non-feeding team want to stop the clock? Or does it only apply when the team with the feed wants to stop the clock?

The non feeding team obviously wouldn't have someone to feed the ball, but they'd still have to have someone standing in place of the half to stop their clock.

skeepe

Immortal
Obviously you cannot contest a scrum if you have no halfback. You sort of need a halfback to feed the ball. No halfback, no feed. No feed, no scrum. derp

So if the team without the feed wants time off, the team feeding the scrum just has to keep the halfback away and the ref can't call time off? Is that what you're saying?

BranVan3000

Coach
So if the team without the feed wants time off, the team feeding the scrum just has to keep the halfback away and the ref can't call time off? Is that what you're saying?

Keep the halfback away? What is that even supposed to mean?

MSIH

Bench

You're embarrassing yourself now.

BranVan3000

Coach
I'm a lurker here but thought I'd chime in with 2 things & I don't follow any of these two teams so it's a non-bias approach: the first is that something needs to be done about the officiating in Golden Point. The referees don't want to make calls that would affect the outcome of the match and the end result is offside players, strips going unnoticed, touches which would extend a teams tackle count being ignored etc.

The other is the back & forth lottery that is kicking a field goal. I think someone else here said it as well, but in my opinion it should be the first to score wins. I think Manly were the better team tonight, their defense was outstanding and Melbourne did look out of the match until late in the 2nd and if they would have won in Golden Point I think it wouldn't have done Manly justice.
Golden try wouldn't work, look how long it took tonight between tries. Unless you made it unlimited time

Otherwise golden try period might as well just equal a draw

Moffo

Referee

Agree on both points

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
What a game of footy from both side.
No disrespect to Melbourne cause they can only play the whistle, but 6-1 penalty count second half and a missed 6 again and strip call in extra time... Manly we're unbelievable to get a draw in that game missing troops and away in Melbourne
So proud of my club
Great game, great result not to give in.
Again not dissin Melbourne as they were great as well.

skeepe

Immortal
What a game of footy from both side.
No disrespect to Melbourne cause they can only play the whistle, but 6-1 penalty count second half and a missed 6 again and strip call in extra time... Manly we're unbelievable to get a draw in that game missing troops and away in Melbourne
So proud of my club
Great game, great result not to give in.
Again not dissin Melbourne as they were great as well.

You should be proud of Cecchin most of all. Without him, Melbourne win in normal time.

tz17

Juniors
You must be deadset blind from wanking too much skeepe. f**k me you take the cake for the biggest knob on RU. Well done. Wear your award with pride