What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | Women in League R10 | Mon | Storm 10-10* Sea Eagles | AAMI

Round 10: Storm v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Good to see a draw IMO. Both sides guts its out for the full 80 minutes and you could tell they were just trying for a field goal. They looked tired and just couldn't get over the line.

Full credit to the defence from both sides, especially Manly having held Melbourne for so many sets.

Another good game for Monday night footy.

skeepe

Immortal
Blind fool.... seriously do you ever actually watch a full game????

I watched all of tonight's game. Cecchin's disgracefully incorrect penalties meant Manly got to 10 points. Without these blatantly incorrect calls, Melbourne's total of 10 points would have been higher than Manly's meagre 6 points.

You see, 10 is higher than 6. A complicated mathematical equation for a north shore redneck I know, but it's true.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
I watched all of tonight's game. Cecchin's disgracefully incorrect penalties meant Manly got to 10 points. Without these blatantly incorrect calls, Melbourne's total of 10 points would have been higher than Manly's meagre 6 points.

You see, 10 is higher than 6. A complicated mathematical equation for a north shore redneck I know, but it's true.

Melbourne were given leg up after leg up in that second half, including a 6-1 penalty count
They were given more than a fair go from both refs.
If you can't see that you should take up watching checkers it might be more your speed.
Good on storm for playing well enough for a draw they were tough, but manly certainly weren't gifted anything tonight.

thorson1987

Coach
And without some of the calls in the second half we wouldn't have even got to 10 points.

I'll take the draw though.

eagles4eva

First Grade

A bitter twisted genius that repeatedly dribbles verbal diarrhoea on every game day thread, if you can?t see that the storm got the benefit of calls and a lopsided penalty count you?re an absolute fool.
In saying that, awesome tough game of footy by both teams

MSIH

Bench
Cecchin was piss poor for both sides.

Good, tough game between two tough sides. A draw was a fitting result, I'll take that any day against Melbourne, especially down there.

thorson1987

Coach

Good, tough game between two tough sides. A draw was a fitting result, I'll take that any day against Melbourne, especially down there.

Yep.

But I'll take a draw against anyone at the moment.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors

Agreed in full...
These 2 sides just step against each other.
(Except the semi last year)

eagles4eva

First Grade

Absolutely, the weight of possession the Storm had and to walk away with a draw, great effort. Neither team gave up, very tough game...

bottle

Coach
Quite a few of you have been around here a lot longer than me.
Has there ever been a game day thread that Skeepe hasn't made a goose of himself in? Anyone?

Hutty1986

Immortal
Quite a few of you have been around here a lot longer than me.
Has there ever been a game day thread that Skeepe hasn't made a goose of himself in? Anyone?

Might have to ask Pops. According to his profile, the great fisherman joined LU in 1970. Quite an effort

oval

Juniors
One point each is a fair result I reckon. Bad calls went both ways.

Hell of a game to watch. The only thing that would've improved it would be a bit o biffo. ;-)

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I reckon thats three games in a row were Tooves has only used three interchange players... Mind u i not the greatest Gower fan
We used this play earlier in 2011 under Des. I believe it builds fitness. Not much use though if you have injuries or miss the finals. Considering the work done by some of the team (Balin 62 tackles, Watmough 176m) you would think he could have slotted Gower on for at least a few minutes. Even if just a gap between two other interchanges. Watmough came off at one point. Perhaps even just before golden point time would have been great. Maybe he ran out of interchanges... A fresh pair of legs could have won that game.

Just back to the fitness issue, there are a few carrying a few too many KG's atm. And I'm not only talking about Rose. While I'm pleased to see them getting plenty of game time, even a hard arse like me feels for them in light of some of the tackle counts at times.