What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 tackle try - NQ dudded again!

JW

Coach
How the f**k did Checchin even get to potato, let alone 7?!

The Centrelink queues beckon.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Perhaps we can go back and rule Parramatta beat Manly in 1978 and replay the 1978 Grand Final (again), this time with Cronulla vs Parramatta?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If I were JT, I would be refusing to play again until Anderson and his merry band of pink f**kwits were shown the door. An utter, utter disgrace. TWICE IN A f**kING ROW.

ratsack2

Juniors
don't mention that nearly all the 50/50 calls went to qld I mean cowboys, dropped balls by CB penalty to them, strip against Cronulla its a dropped ball, sharks get 1 error in their favour and it's end of the world

Springs

First Grade
Not up to the players to keep count.

Refs f**ked up and we should not see them again this year.

yep. Sharks did nothing wrong. Refs are just stupid. Cecchin didn't call a tackle until tackle 4. WTF?

Feel sorry for the Cowboys. Even with the 7 tackle try they were only the tiniest of margins from stealing it at the death.

Although if the Sharks are found to have drug-cheated and deserved an Essendon-type punishment it will be a disgrace they were even there today.

Chainshada

Juniors
Because what happened from that point on would have been completely different. There's no way to predict what might have happened.

Awesome, then Dragons can play every game next year starting at -6 points, what happens after that won't make a difference to the outcome.

Loudstrat

Coach
yep. Sharks did nothing wrong. Refs are just stupid. Cecchin didn't call a tackle until tackle 4. WTF?

Feel sorry for the Cowboys. Even with the 7 tackle try they were only the tiniest of margins from stealing it at the death.

Although if the Sharks are found to have drug-cheated and deserved an Essendon-type punishment it will be a disgrace they were even there today.
Yep, thats the darkness behind Cronulla's presence in the finals. You cant meter out punishment until the judgement is delivered though. But throw in the already proven salary cap cheating over Gallen, and the limits are definitely being pushed.

That said, 7 tackles is unforgivable. Cowboys were dudded.

ratsack2

Juniors
poor poor cowboys and poor JT is that 1, 2, or 3 f**k those commentators can go on and they were riding a cowboys win all game, go suck on that Rabs, gould and locky

Notell

Juniors
For all the talk about refeeeing blundrs... BRAD FITTLER siad in commentary and again on the national news that Cronulla were dudded by a 7-tackle try in 1978 and eliminated in a semi-final.

Fact is, Cronulla played in the grand final that year. Against Manly. After an 11-11 draw, they lost 16-0.

Fittler's advisors are thinking of Hartley's 7-tackle try to Manly in a different game against Parramatta.

NrlCoach

Juniors
Greenberg said: that noting can change what happened and it will never happen again

i3HgMyh00BOMW.gif

dclayw

Juniors
I always count the tackles during the game, just something I have always done and I picked this up as it happened. It happens a lot more then you would think too. Do teams have their own people keeping count? I know things moved pretty fast out there but if it was picked up as it happened and relayed via a trainer do you think the try could have/should have been overturned right there and then. This error was season ending for the cowboys so it's an important point.

Latest posts