What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v the bloody Panthers

Big Marn

Juniors
I am confident our monster forward pack can overrun the Panthers.
At least I think I am.
Hold on Cappy's in charge.
Noooooo!
just for clarification, who would actually be categorised as a monster sized forward in todays NRL? Klemmer? who else?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
just for clarification, who would actually be categorised as a monster sized forward in todays NRL? Klemmer? who else?

Kasiano is the most obvious. He's officially 130kg, which is HUGE. I reckon anyone who is listed at over 110 counts as big, with monsters being the 115kg+ guys. Klemmer would count at 116kg.

Of our guys only Lane, Lauitiiti and Vete even count as big forwards.

Wish they would put out forwards or total team weight (kind of like union with their scrums) so we could stop with this "big forwards" cliché bullshit they keep saying about the Warriors.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It's a racist cliche. Let's not kid ourselves. Huge coconuts who hold the ball in one hand, throw it round like monkeys tossing coconuts and tire after ten minutes. We all know it.

Wish they would put out forwards or total team weight (kind of like union with their scrums) so we could stop with this "big forwards" cliché bullshit they keep saying about the Warriors.

Blair

Coach
It's a racist cliche. Let's not kid ourselves. Huge coconuts who hold the ball in one hand, throw it round like monkeys tossing coconuts and tire after ten minutes. We all know it.

We entered the comp as the only side with a majority of Maori and Pacific Island players. We also used to 'throw it around' a fair bit in those days and we did have some big (ish) forwards, although other sides weren't shy in that department either.

We got pinged early with this cliche that's for sure.

JJ

Immortal
Matulino is big too

The Dogs, Cowboys, Raiders and Souths at a guess would be the biggest packs, that's kind of what counts IMO.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

JJ

Immortal
Interesting that last year's grand finalists are at either end of that list. Roosters near bottom too and they've been (until this year) among the best

jaseg

Juniors
It's based on most consistent starters (according to the note down the bottom) - the Roosters may well have skewed downwards due to injury - JWH has missed plenty of games, and Aubusson is very light even for an edge forward. I'm guessing they're more middle of the bunch. Not taking the bench into account also means that the Dogs are down in the middle when they should be right up near the top.

I think you can get away with lighter packs if they're consistently good defenders on their own line - as we've seen from the Broncos last year and Sharks this year. You don't have to be big to make great metres... though it certainly helps.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Assuming Vete and Thompson is means Gavet and Tevaga out?

Never assume anything under this regime, my friend.

That would be the prudent switch, however.

EDIT: Ha, and there we go. Bunty is rewarded for good form by being overlooked for Tevaga, who hasn't really showed much at all in the back row. Issac is basically - save 5 mins here and there - playing 80 minutes yet McFail drops Bunty for Tevaga. Honestly. But of course, we have to have backs and 94kg utility players on the bench in case of injuries right?!