What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v the bloody Panthers

Meth

Staff member
1- Lolohea
2- Fusitua
3- Ayshford
4- Kata
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Matulino
9- Luke
10- Vete/Gavet
11- Afoa
12- Hoffman
13- Mannering

Res- Lillyman, Lisone, Thompson/Tevaga, Sipley

Blair

Coach
I've noticed how quickly Bunty's found his way into the starting thirteen. He's been very impressive.

I'd love Sipley to get a run, with orders from the coach to come on for twenty minutes and just go mental. Show the Panthers they're not the only side with potential superstars.

Meth

Staff member
I've noticed how quickly Bunty's found his way into the starting thirteen. He's been very impressive.

I'd love Sipley to get a run, with orders from the coach to come on for twenty minutes and just go mental. Show the Panthers they're not the only side with potential superstars.

Yeah, or even two bursts of 10-15 if he up for it. Beats having an impact player that should be playing for 80 ending up playing for 8

JJ

Immortal
If Bodene's back what will the super coach do with Bunty, he's bound to have a few 'work ons'

Leber

Bench
1 Lolohea
2 Fusitua
3 Ayshford
4 Kata
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Luke
10 Lisone
11 Afoa
12 Hoffman
13 Mannering

14 Maumalo
15 Thompson
16 Matulino
17 Sipley

That side will beat the Panthers. If Manu is out, Maumalo to 5, Tevaga to 14.

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
1. Lolohea
2. Fusitua
3. Ayshford
4. Kata
5. Maumalo
6. Leuluai
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Vete
11. Afoa
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

Bench: Thompson, Sipley, Matulino, Lisone

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Let's all be honest with ourselves, Maumalo isn't going to be dropped until he has 1-2 absolute shockers/gets exposed like we all think is coming. When you've got the Herald et al saying he's in career best form so Tui can't take his spot...wow. Even the one dimension he does have, he runs at people not at gaps. He has one try in 12 NRL appearances, TWO linebreaks in that time (none this year).

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If Bodene's back what will the super coach do with Bunty, he's bound to have a few 'work ons'

Tevaga would have to go. I rate Jazz and his effort but unless he's in the hooking rotation, there should be a lot better options than him playing in the back-row.

I don't expect any changes bar that one. Super coach thinks we're close.

Rich102

Staff member
I don't get moving Fusitua, who is safe at the back, to make space for Lolohea who is a turnstile.
Fusitua ran the most metres for the Warriors against the Raiders and has safe hands. Let lolohea replace Maumalo on the wing - oh wait; he already did and couldn't catch bombs.
Lolohea currently is a myth. A supposed superstar without the evidence to back it up.

Meth

Staff member
I don't get moving Fusitua, who is safe at the back, to make space for Lolohea who is a turnstile.
Fusitua ran the most metres for the Warriors against the Raiders and has safe hands. Let lolohea replace Maumalo on the wing - oh wait; he already did and couldn't catch bombs.
Lolohea currently is a myth. A supposed superstar without the evidence to back it up.

Lolohea looked good at the back last night. So did Fusitua, but bloody hell he's a good winger too.

I get that the Lolohea v Fusitua debate is a tight one, but the Lolohea v Maumalo one isn't even close.

Meth

Staff member
panthers have an awful lot of talent

I watched the Panthers game on Friday night.

Moylan was superb. Blake was exciting. Their back row is where it's at though- Yeo, Fisher Harris and Merrin.

JJ

Immortal
I watched the Panthers game on Friday night.

Moylan was superb. Blake was exciting. Their back row is where it's at though- Yeo, Fisher Harris and Merrin.

Yeah, add Cartwright and Peachey to that list. The young talent they have is astonishing

Merrin is an underrated back rower in many ways, thought he should have been in origin this year

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Yep- Merrin's probably the form forward in the comp for mine.