What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pokemon Go

Frankus

Juniors
As someone said, around the Botanic Gardens, Circular Quay, Opera house it is absolutely stacked with Pokemon. The number of lures active at the botanic gardens was insane. I don't play much but turned it on last weekend while having a coffee and must have caught 50-60 Pokemon in about 45 minutes and maybe only walked 3-4 km. It was mental.
Some other areas like Cremorne Point and Kirribilli have some nice family friendly walks and a decent amount Pokemon to catch.

Apey

Staff member
This is like saying people won't cheat in counter strike because they enjoy the competitive nature of it. I agree with you that it's an enjoyable aspect of the game, I don't believe it will stop a single cheater.

Yeah I agree with that. I meant that I don't think it will become annoyingly widespread because too many people enjoy the game for what it is. Like in every game there will be a minority who don't enjoy the game as it was intended and they'll be lapping the GPS spoofing up.

perverse

Referee
Yeah I agree with that. I meant that I don't think it will become annoyingly widespread because too many people enjoy the game for what it is. Like in every game there will be a minority who don't enjoy the game as it was intended and they'll be lapping the GPS spoofing up.
Given the casual nature of the game, and the technical knowledge barrier to entry for the cheating, I'd imagine that will limit it somewhat, but it won't take too many cheaters to lay permanent claim to most gyms, the most annoying part being you'd never know about it. It's easy enough to prove when someone is hacking in most other online games, not PoGo.

There's another aspect to it, too - regional players that don't live in a good area for PoGo. I know that lots of people in countries that haven't launched the game yet are already using this to play, so it will become the norm for players in those regions. The problem is - these people can teleport anywhere in the world. It really doesn't take a large online army to take ownership of the game from the playtesting I've done. It's just too easy. I reckon if I sunk another good session or 2 into it, I could own most of the gyms in the Sydney CBD area with my alt account. I had a 1000+ CP Gyarados after one sitting. The gap between the effort required to do that legitimately and to do it with hacks is too large. I think it's entirely possible that online clans/guilds will form before long.

The next big question after all of this, is whether it's even in Niantecs best interest to come down on the hackers. A lot of these people may also be sources of revenue, and much of their casual player base will remain oblivious to the hackers, even if it's happening right in front of their face.

jargan83

Coach
In Sydney for a few days and the area around my hotel (near Hyde Park) is flooded with decent Pokemon. Beats the usual suspects I've been catching around East Perth since the game was released a few weeks ago!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Back in my day we have Shane Warne cricket 99.

None of this going outside bullshit.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
In Sydney for a few days and the area around my hotel (near Hyde Park) is flooded with decent Pokemon. Beats the usual suspects I've been catching around East Perth since the game was released a few weeks ago!
Whats in your area at the moment?

jargan83

Coach
Whats in your area at the moment?

Immediately around the hotel or just sitting in my room I've caught Zubats, Squirtles, a Charmander and Clefairys.

2 minutes up the road in Hyde Park I've seen and caught Pincers, with the weakest one being CP 424 and the strongest being CP 894. Multiple Clefairys and Jigglypuffs, plenty of Vulpix, Magikarp, Nidoran, Eevee and an Oddish.

Went for a wander through the Botanical Gardens yesterday and saw Bulbsaurs, Squirtles, Sandshrews, Magikarp, Oddish, Dratini, Meowth, Nidoran, Vulpix, Zubat, Pidgey, Eevee, Seel, Persian, Voltorb and a Ghastley.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Immediately around the hotel or just sitting in my room I've caught Zubats, Squirtles, a Charmander and Clefairys.

2 minutes up the road in Hyde Park I've seen and caught Pincers, with the weakest one being CP 424 and the strongest being CP 894. Multiple Clefairys and Jigglypuffs, plenty of Vulpix, Magikarp, Nidoran, Eevee and an Oddish.

Went for a wander through the Botanical Gardens yesterday and saw Bulbsaurs, Squirtles, Sandshrews, Magikarp, Oddish, Dratini, Meowth, Nidoran, Vulpix, Zubat, Pidgey, Eevee, Seel, Persian, Voltorb and a Ghastley.

I want to go there!

Today though, I managed to catch a Tangela, never even seen one on my nearby before. Pretty stoked with that catch

jargan83

Coach
Was out for a wander on my lunch break yesterday when a Vapereon appeared, despite me throwing about 15 pokeballs at it the bastard escaped. I checked my Pokemon list this morning and apparently I caught the Vapereon.

Hoorah for glitches!

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I caught a Gengar from the very first incense I used. It was level 400 something but at the time was by far my strongest Pokemon. I hadn't even caught a Gastly at that stage. Dozens of incense later still probably the rarest thing I have got from one.

I'm level 21 now and i have jacked him up with heaps of Gastly candies but he is now only mid field by strength, still my fave though

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Was always the one i liked, so basically my only chance at getting it is by Incense? Where did you get yours at?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Randomly turned on my phone while home to find a Slowbro right next to me. Caught him first go. Makes a change from the endless supply of Pinsir around mine.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Was at Mission bay and caught my first Eggsecute, literally then caught nearly enough to evolve as well. Pretty much just farmed them the whole time.

The other place I got heaps of the same kind was Auckland Domain, farmed Mankeys. I've actually forgot what it evolves into, but I want it.

Have yet to see a Charmander at all

Only seen one Bulbasaur and it ran after the first ball!

Have managed to get a few Squirtles (who I started with). Kinda wish I went with Charmander at this rate.

simmo1

First Grade

Did you just Pokerap?

Apey

Staff member
I've been playing a fair bit and I've seen numerous Squirtles & Bulbasaurs, but barely any Charmanders. Only one Charmeleon and that was on nearby but never found it.

I evolved my first Gyarados a few days ago and it turned out real bad, worst attack and almost lowest evolve multiplier, lol. If you live close to the beach though it's pretty damn easy to get Magikarp.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Only level 14 currently
Started with a Squirtle and have caught maybe 3 or 4 of them.
I've seen ONE bulbasaur and it ran after ONE pokeball
I've never even seen a Charmander appear yet, have seen them on nearby, but none ever appeared.

I think I picked the wrong starting option

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Was always the one i liked, so basically my only chance at getting it is by Incense? Where did you get yours at?

I don't know if it's your only chance I'm sure they spawn but it would just take a lot of luck, right place/right time. I got mine near Central Gardens in Merrylands.

Caught a Charmeleon today, had never even caught a Charmander prior only got one from an Egg. Weak as piss though only 260

Latest posts