What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Deacon

First Grade
Even as cup players I can't see us playing that formation although I'd love a return to the bale/Lennon width days

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
One day he is staying, next day he is going. Clinton could be loaned out but I dont think even he knows what his future is.

I cant see us getting rid of Chadli, Pritchard and N'Jie unless someone else is coming in

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Marcus Edwards recently signed a 2 year extension/upgrade which allows him to complete his final scholarship year plus another year with the senior players. He was also upgraded to include training with the big boys and his upgrade includes 4 games in the first XI this season, no doubt cups games.

He has been extremely impressive at training, so much so that he has been included in the squad to tour Australia and we may even see him against Juve next week.

Looking forward to seeing him play as I've seen a lot of him with the academy squad but sometimes players just dont improve or mature but this kid seems to be something special.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What a great game to watch, told us a few things that we already knew, the likes of Onomah, Winks, Edwards and Harrison are better prospects than Mason Carroll and Chadli.

Miller was probabaly our best player in the first half but he generally plays as AM in our U/21s but is way too far down the pecking order.

Shame Wimmer pulled out as Ball played DM for Rangers last season and looked lost and pretty nervous at CB, settled down a bit though but Dybala is class.

Some of Onomahs runs were pretty strong and while Edwards looked pretty sharp he is not much bigger than the ball atm, still only 17. I liked Harrison as well but he is another who needs to grow and fill out, unlucky not to score.

Deacon

First Grade
looking forward to being there Friday, I doubt Victor will play a part after putting in the big minutes last night, hopefully Christian Wimmer and Edwards go around

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Wanyama and Dom Ball are the only two DMs in the squad although Walkes may have played a bit of DM too.

Tuesday nights team was a bit of a last minute juggle as Wimmer and Eriksen both pulled out at the last minute.

I think we'll have a slightly stronger team on Friday although that wouldn't be too hard as the only first XI player we had on Tuesday was Coco and he only came on in the second half.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fantastic read from an interview from John McDermott who runs our academy. (Posted from Reddit)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mason apparently off to Bournemouth.

Vorm could also be off which I think is good for him, he is too good to be only getting 2 or 3 games a year, Celtic very interested.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Paul Mitchel (head of recruitment) and Rob McKenzie (chief talent scout) are off. Levy said they were not doing enough, lol.

I think he expects more Deli Ali's to be recruited every year for a couple of million each, when in fact Ali was identified by David Pleats.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Typical slow start by us, looked very rusty in the first half.

One thing is for sure, Janssen looks to be a very good signing, very hard worker.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
SBS.png

Sport: Premier League
Saturday 27th August at 9:00 pm (170 minutes)
Football 2016-2017: Premier League Match: Tottenham V Liverpool: Tottenham v Liverpool - Lucy Zelic and Craig Foster host live coverage of the biggest league in the world. (Sport) (Football)
CTC
Premiere, Sport
(Classification)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Very fortunate to get a point out of that imo. One of the worst first halves I have seen for some time, its like we forgot how to pass, so many balls not hitting their target, gave the ball away far too often. Played with more intensity in the second half but skills were still down.

We got bossed in the midfield and it showed just how much we miss Moose.

I dont think Dier and Wanyama should play together, one or the other but not both, they both play deep its their natural instinct but our top 4 play too high and there is no link up. Ali played in CM for most of the game once Walker went off but its his natural game to play higher and we had a massive hole in the middle.

We not only need Moose back but we need a back up for him as we have no natural CM atm and our strikers are not getting proper service, especially with the poor passing we showed last night.

We never looked like a top 4 team.

Players like Carroll, Mason, Chadli all not on the bench as it looks like they are gone, Bentelab already gone to Shalke. Expect a bit of movement this week.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Fair summation Twiz, we should've been more clinical and it would've been over at halftime. We weren't and gave you guys a sniff, one thing with Poch is, he has you guys playing right until the final whistle even if the game doesn't go your way.

You looked so much better when Dier dropped out of the midfield. Wanyama looked to know exactly what his role was and played much better.

Thought the ref had a very average game towards both sides as well. Verts have away the most obvious penalty and all he got was a warning. Manè could've copped a second yellow as well just after halftime.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, our defense is our rock, Verts and Toby have a terrific combination and it showed in the stats last year, I think we had the lowest goals against, it helps that Dier plays as the third CB rather then a DM but he is eventually getting further forward

I thought the ref was terrible but you cant blame them it went both ways

Should give Vorm a big wrap as well, one of the best no 2 goalies in the EPL, He was great and deserves better
We are buying a young No 2 and I think Vorm will be off next season, he is too good to only play 3 or 4 games a year