What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bradford go into administration

Tigers1986

Juniors
So the Bulls are dead and gone (unless it's Bradford Northern Bulls).

Not difficult to see that they'd have trouble finding a squad. Most of the Bulls players who 'vowed to stay' have seen the light and left the sunken ship. Leads back to the original argument of why they stayed in the Championship when it looks almost certain that they'll be the whipping boys of the league with a -12 deduction to boot.

roughyedspud

Coach
You where told why a dozen times...any team,with, possibly, the exception of toronto,would find themselves in much the same position as bradford in that they'd have a weak squad compared to everyone else in the championship with little or no scope to strengthen the squad at such short notice meaning almost certain relegation..you'd effectively be punishing two teams to a shit season....

And can you imagine if the RFL promoted toronto without them ever playing a game!...christ almighty!! Nigel wood is fat but hes not thick....though thats debatable too..

Its bradfords mess,no need to bring the rest of the game down with them.

Now can we drop it please,its getting boring

We've been "told" by people who have consistently been proven wrong who can't back up their bullshit with anything.

And this bit sums it up.
And can you imagine if the RFL promoted toronto without them ever playing a game!...christ almighty!! Nigel wood is fat but hes not thick....though thats debatable too..

So it's okay to promote a new club that has, not only never played a game, but doesn't actually exist yet. Brilliant. Remember, getting this new club off the ground was apparently easier than promoting an existing club. That's what we've been "told".

roughyedspud

Coach
you misunderstand what i mean by easier....if they make it,they,and they lone, have a tough season,if they don't make it we all get a couple of byes....its easier in terms of logistics,they either make it or they don't,it only impacts one league (champ) instead of two (champ & L1)

and the RFL has 8 months to sort out shit out instead of 4 weeks

and on that note im gonna have to side with homer and insist you are indeed a idiot if you are still failing to grasp the situation

and on that note im gonna have to side with homer and insist you are indeed a idiot if you are still failing to grasp the situation
It's certainly "easier" to change your story when it becomes even more clear how ridiculous this plan to stick a new club in at the last minute is, what with all the players walking away and still nothing announced.

"Ummmm, what I mean is...totally different to what I meant before, you are a (sic) idiot".

Not quite as stupid as saying no one wants to be promoted when that's definitively proven to be bullshit. And "you were told a dozen times" they were never asked and you still denied this over and over until proven wrong.

No wonder you keep pleading for people to stop discussing it. I would too if I was so consistently wrong and had to pretend I was actually arguing something completely different all along.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I don't see why you need to get so hostile when people are discussing an issue. Your point is beyond flawed - Toronto can't go to the Championship because they aren't 'ready' yet the non-existant Bulls franchise can? Come off it lad.

You then do have an ongoing effect onto League 1 for next year because there is the matter of relegation/promotion to consider. RFL laws state the 'bottom 2' yet 10th would see no reason as to why they should be dropped.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I don't see why you need to get so hostile when people are discussing an issue. Your point is beyond flawed - Toronto can't go to the Championship because they aren't 'ready' yet the non-existant Bulls franchise can? Come off it lad.

You then do have an ongoing effect onto League 1 for next year because there is the matter of relegation/promotion to consider. RFL laws state the 'bottom 2' yet 10th would see no reason as to why they should be dropped.
It's hostile because you people have repeatedly failed to understand something that is really, really simple, even when it has been clearly explained to you multiple times. Once again, it's not about which club is more 'ready' to compete in the Championship in 2017, it doesn't matter that Bradford don't currently exist or if other teams might be able to perform better. It's about not adversely affecting the long-term plans of any other clubs because Bradford f**ked up. I don't know what part of this you don't understand.

photo_145990.jpg

The RFL has agreed to a deal from a consortium to form a new club in Bradford for the 2017 campaign.

The Bradford Bulls went into administration in November and were liquidated on January 3.

The RFL is yet to identify the consortium with the winning consortium, but is believed New Zealandbusinessman Andrew Chalmers is behind it.

The governing body said in a statement: "The RFL is pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached with a consortium to create a new professional Rugby League club in Bradford.

"Following a thorough review and consultation with potential owners throughout the week, the RFL Board approved a decision to offer membership of the League to a consortium that it believes offers an exciting and stable future for Rugby League in Bradford.

"As previously communicated, the new club will begin the 2017 season in the Kingstone PressChampionship on minus 12 points.

"The owners will arrive at Odsal early next week and will at that point speak with former players, staff and relevant stakeholders before holding a press conference to reveal their identity and outline their vision for the future."

RFL Director of Operations and Legal, Karen Moorhouse, said: “The last few weeks have been extremely difficult for all those involved, particularly the former players, staff and families of Bradford Bulls.

"They have conducted themselves with complete professionalism and integrity throughout this period.

“The RFL is confident that the consortium selected to run a new club in Bradford will provide an exciting and stable future for Rugby League in the city.

"They outlined a strong vision, have relevant and extensive experience and we are confident that they offer the best opportunity to take a new club forward.

"We have always said that the city of Bradford needs and deserves a Rugby League club that it can be proud of and we believe this new club can deliver that.”

Chalmers, who has sat on the board of the Salford Red Devils, previously had a bid for the Bulls denied by the administrator.

But his proposal has now won out over three others for Bradford.

In the past Chalmers was the chairman of the New Zealand Rugby League.

The new Bradford club will start the Championshipseason minus 12 points and play their home games at Odsal.

According to reports former NZ, Manly and Wigan coach Graham Lowe is also part of Chalmer's group

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_24575-rfl-approves-bradford-deal.html

roughyedspud

Coach

The key words there are "NEXT YEAR'

As i said in my post,the RFL now have 8-10 months to figure stuff out rather than 3-4 weeks..

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a restructuring of the championship & league one,i wouldn't surprise me if the championship is expanded to 14 meaning only one team relegated this year (hopefully bradford) and 3 team promoted from league one..

That'll create room in league one for the likes of manchester rangers..and other teams wishing to join

It's hostile because you people have repeatedly failed to understand something that is really, really simple, even when it has been clearly explained to you multiple times. Once again, it's not about which club is more 'ready' to compete in the Championship in 2017, it doesn't matter that Bradford don't currently exist or if other teams might be able to perform better. It's about not adversely affecting the long-term plans of any other clubs because Bradford f**ked up. I don't know what part of this you don't understand.
"You people"

We know why it's hostile. These cretins are not having a go at poms on the pom forums who are saying exactly the same things as us. Not one. Then again this bloke said most RL fans are idiots so maybe his prejudice runs deeper.

So it's clear why they're so hostile. It's the same reason they're so arrogant to think them "telling" us is supposed to be all that is required. And the arrogance of them telling us to stop talking about it because they don't want to talk about it any more.

photo_145990.jpg

The RFL has agreed to a deal from a consortium to form a new club in Bradford for the 2017 campaign.

The Bradford Bulls went into administration in November and were liquidated on January 3.

The RFL is yet to identify the consortium with the winning consortium, but is believed New Zealandbusinessman Andrew Chalmers is behind it.

The governing body said in a statement: "The RFL is pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached with a consortium to create a new professional Rugby League club in Bradford.

"Following a thorough review and consultation with potential owners throughout the week, the RFL Board approved a decision to offer membership of the League to a consortium that it believes offers an exciting and stable future for Rugby League in Bradford.

"As previously communicated, the new club will begin the 2017 season in the Kingstone PressChampionship on minus 12 points.

"The owners will arrive at Odsal early next week and will at that point speak with former players, staff and relevant stakeholders before holding a press conference to reveal their identity and outline their vision for the future."

RFL Director of Operations and Legal, Karen Moorhouse, said: “The last few weeks have been extremely difficult for all those involved, particularly the former players, staff and families of Bradford Bulls.

"They have conducted themselves with complete professionalism and integrity throughout this period.

“The RFL is confident that the consortium selected to run a new club in Bradford will provide an exciting and stable future for Rugby League in the city.

"They outlined a strong vision, have relevant and extensive experience and we are confident that they offer the best opportunity to take a new club forward.

"We have always said that the city of Bradford needs and deserves a Rugby League club that it can be proud of and we believe this new club can deliver that.”

Chalmers, who has sat on the board of the Salford Red Devils, previously had a bid for the Bulls denied by the administrator.

But his proposal has now won out over three others for Bradford.

In the past Chalmers was the chairman of the New Zealand Rugby League.

The new Bradford club will start the Championshipseason minus 12 points and play their home games at Odsal.

According to reports former NZ, Manly and Wigan coach Graham Lowe is also part of Chalmer's group

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_24575-rfl-approves-bradford-deal.html
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11782310

Tigers1986

Juniors

Questions were asked but you went all elitist know-it-all to act hostile to speak down to people on the sole premise that you live in England. Congrats. You're too blinded to see how flawed the entire situation is due to obscene bias and prejudice.

What part of Bradford's new club automatically skipping league one being unfair do you not understand? Toulouse had to run the ropes in League 1 last year to get promotion, yet they were clearly head and shoulders above the whole division but had to go through red tape to get into the Championship. Bradford, a team that died after 3 administrations in 5 years, get thrown straight back into the fold with a points deduction.

The key words there are "NEXT YEAR'

As i said in my post,the RFL now have 8-10 months to figure stuff out rather than 3-4 weeks..

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a restructuring of the championship & league one,i wouldn't surprise me if the championship is expanded to 14 meaning only one team relegated this year (hopefully bradford) and 3 team promoted from league one..

That'll create room in league one for the likes of manchester rangers..and other teams wishing to join

They've had since November when they went into administration and it's not as though their bleak situation wasn't common knowledge given the history of their administration traits.

If the Championship does expand then it ruins the Super 8 setup. 4 jump up to the qualifiers but then 10 go for the shield? Yeah nah.

The best option for the RFL with all the new expansion possibilities would be to create League 2 for the 'expansion' sides. Split it 10/10 if need be and the demand is there for 20 teams (it's at 16 atm with Manchester interested, let's just assume Glasgow and Dublin enter, plus another).

"You people"

We know why it's hostile. These cretins are not having a go at poms on the pom forums who are saying exactly the same things as us. Not one. Then again this bloke said most RL fans are idiots so maybe his prejudice runs deeper.

So it's clear why they're so hostile. It's the same reason they're so arrogant to think them "telling" us is supposed to be all that is required. And the arrogance of them telling us to stop talking about it because they don't want to talk about it any more.

Exactly right.

Hahahahaha this is the same bloke who got refused by the administrators thus forcing the liquidation. So the reason Bradford stay in the Championship right away isn't because of 'minimal disruption to fixtures,' it's all about the $$$$$$$$. Insipid.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Questions were asked but you went all elitist know-it-all to act hostile to speak down to people on the sole premise that you live in England. Congrats. You're too blinded to see how flawed the entire situation is due to obscene bias and prejudice.

What part of Bradford's new club automatically skipping league one being unfair do you not understand? Toulouse had to run the ropes in League 1 last year to get promotion, yet they were clearly head and shoulders above the whole division but had to go through red tape to get into the Championship. Bradford, a team that died after 3 administrations in 5 years, get thrown straight back into the fold with a points deduction.
It could be argued that it's unfair in principle, depending on whether you consider it to be a new club or a continuation of the old one with new ownership. Practically there isn't any other option at this stage, as has been explained to you multiple times. It's not 'elitist' to think that people in Britain with a lifetime of involvement in British RL probably know more about what's going on than casual observers from thousands of miles away. I don't think any questions have been unanswered, you've just repeatedly ignored the answers in favour of some nonsensical conspiracy theory bullshit.

Once again, the RFL get plenty of things wrong but in this case they are not wrong for the reasons that have been stated in this thread. If you don't like those reasons or want to ignore those reasons, if you think that I'm just saying these things out of some type of prejudice ( :confused: ), if you want to keep pushing unworkable ideas even when it has been explained to you exactly why they are unworkable then that's on you. I'm just trying to tell you why the outcome that is happening will be happening. You don't have to listen but it will still be happening.
The best option for the RFL with all the new expansion possibilities would be to create League 2 for the 'expansion' sides. Split it 10/10 if need be and the demand is there for 20 teams (it's at 16 atm with Manchester interested, let's just assume Glasgow and Dublin enter, plus another).
People have suggested something like this but the problem is that the standard would be so low that it would pretty much be pointless for these teams to exist. Competing against established heartland teams in League 1 is essential for the expansion teams to develop.

The RFL have set a precedent now with the help they have given to the Bradford Bulls over the last 5 years, and now they will have to give the same support to other clubs who get in financial strife.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There is no such thing as precedent in rugby league! Be it penalties for foul play, response to off field drama or treatment of clubs in financial strife.

roughyedspud

Coach
They've had since November when they went into administration and it's not as though their bleak situation wasn't common knowledge given the history of their administration traits..

Going into administration is not grounds for demotion..

But crack on trying to be a know it all

adamkungl

Immortal
What do we take from this?
I don't exactly have high confidence in the RFL but how much of it is pissing and moaning from a Union official

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...dder-richard-lamb-rfl-rugby-league-amateurish

Failed Bradford bidder Richard Lamb brands RFL ‘amateurish’
• Accuses officials of paying lip service to plans involving £1m of his own money
• Lamb adds it felt ‘like they knew who they wanted all along’

The process to find a new club to replace Bradford Bulls has been described as ‘a shambles’. Photograph: Dave Howarth/PA

Aaron Bower

Monday 16 January 2017 10.04 AEDT

Shares

One of the bidders who lost out in the race to launch a rugby league club in Bradford following the demise of Bradford Bulls has described the Rugby Football League’s handling of the affair as “amateurish”, saying he is yet to hear from the sport’s governing body as to why his bid failed.

Richard Lamb, the chief executive of the Championship rugby union side Rotherham, says he was prepared to invest a million pounds of his own money in a new rugby league club in the city following the liquidation of the four-times Super League champions this month.

The RFL instead opted for a bid believed to be led by the former New Zealand Rugby League chairman Andrew Chalmers, who will lay out his vision for the club this week.

In response Lamb has been highly critical of how the process was handled by those at the top of the sport. “The whole thing has been an absolute shambles,” he told the Guardian. “I was going to invest a million pounds of my own money into a rugby club and they haven’t even got the courtesy or decency to ring me until after it’s been leaked? They are morally bankrupt as an organisation.

“On Friday I had an experience of two different governing bodies; the RFU were ultra-professional in a meeting I had and seemed to genuinely care – but the other, who I’m about to spend a million pounds with, can’t even be bothered to ring me and talk to me. You wonder why participation is going through the floor in rugby league – it’s symptomatic of the problems the sport has.”

Lamb’s proposal, which involved a fans’ trust owning a majority stake in the new club, was overlooked in favour of Chalmers’ bid – but he says he was not asked once about how he planned to put a squad together to start the new season in just a matter of weeks. “We had coaches, staff and everything ready to go and we were sourcing players – we were going to bring Todd Carney in,” Lamb said.

“On reflection, it feels like they knew who they wanted all along – it was just lip service saying they were entertaining bids. I’ve never come across an organisation as amateurish in my entire life and this is a sad indictment of a governing body which is out of date and out of touch with how to run a sport. They should hang their heads in shame. They still won’t tell me why our bid wasn’t the winning one, I’ve just been palmed off with talk of how close we came. It doesn’t sit right.

“They asked for no paperwork whatsoever in regards to a fit and proper person’s test and the way fans and players have been kept in the dark is disgusting. I believed they were operating in an open manner but they clearly weren’t.”

Latest posts